August 21, 2018, 02:23:34 AM

Author Topic: The final stretch  (Read 1392 times)

February 02, 2018, 01:55:13 AM
Reply #15

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
It's probably our ceiling under everyone.

Thats typical of our club. You will find it under realism but whats the point if we have that attitude. We have to strive to be better and get into those top  places and become a club that can challenge at the top of the table.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

February 02, 2018, 02:16:30 AM
Reply #16

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
If we finish 7th we should hope it gets EL.

But if it doesnít then we try to turn that negative into a positive.

February 02, 2018, 02:51:34 AM
Reply #17

KoemansNumberTens

Thats typical of our club. You will find it under realism but whats the point if we have that attitude. We have to strive to be better and get into those top  places and become a club that can challenge at the top of the table.

Of course but he took over when we were a mess and now people are saying if we get 7th under him then that shows we shouldn't have appointed him. I just don't see the logic in that

We strive for better but we also need to be realistic too. Regardless of our manager under current budgets we'd need a lot of luck in the transfer market to make much progress upwards.

Sacking someone because they can't perform a miracle will see us have a lot of managers

February 02, 2018, 01:52:28 PM
Reply #18

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Would love a europa final me. The club need to be playing European competiton if we are ever going to be able to have the affffffffrontery to regard ourselves as a big club in any sense of the word.

Donít think weíll get that though, not sure 7th is within grasp tbh, especially as the other night was our best performance in months and they still hit the woodwork three times and had one cleared off the line!
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

February 02, 2018, 05:41:29 PM
Reply #19

gizzblue

Would love a europa final me. The club need to be playing European competiton if we are ever going to be able to have the affffffffrontery to regard ourselves as a big club in any sense of the word.

Don't think we'll get that though, not sure 7th is within grasp tbh, especially as the other night was our best performance in months and they still hit the woodwork three times and had one cleared off the line!
Loving the optimist in you ..."Final" but we lost an easy group in all reality and there are well better teams in the last eight of the comp every year .....to right it's what we should be aiming and striving for every year ,but in reality we are miles away as we witnessed this year on countless nights .

February 02, 2018, 05:47:26 PM
Reply #20

Lxxx

Don’t think we’ll get that though, not sure 7th is within grasp tbh, especially as the other night was our best performance in months and they still hit the woodwork three times and had one cleared off the line!

Three points though. I'll take a few more nervy wins until the end of the season if it means we're in Europe next year, plus overhauling Burnley and Leicester should hardly be seen as some kind on unattainable feat.

First off I'd like to see us go to the Emirates and at least have a plan though, instead of boot the ball as far away from our goal and hope for the best.

February 02, 2018, 05:55:07 PM
Reply #21

Ramjam

If we could take a point at the
 Emirates then beat Palace, Watford, Burnley, Brighton and Stoke Iíd be confident of finishing 7th and with our squad thatís what we should be looking to do.
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

February 02, 2018, 06:15:49 PM
Reply #22

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
If we could take a point at the
 Emirates then beat Palace, Watford, Burnley, Brighton and Stoke Iíd be confident of finishing 7th and with our squad thatís what we should be looking to do.

Arsenal will probably be another loss, but it would be nice to see the team at least try and make up for the disaster earlier in the season.

Wish Silva was still at Watford, I'd feel more confifent about getting a result there, but none of those teams should put fear into us. Should being the operative word there. Burnley hopefully on the decline by the time we play them.

7th should be our aim point and it would be amazing to get that given how our season has gone. Ultimately, I think more likely we'll finish 8th or 9th.
"I wouldn't be up here if I hadn't failed a million times." Nick Foles

February 02, 2018, 06:32:44 PM
Reply #23

Bluenose 91

People saying that our squad won't handle Europa footy do realise we get to buy players again the summer?

Hopefully good ones this time round but there's no reason we can't prepare properly for it.

February 02, 2018, 06:50:51 PM
Reply #24

gizzblue

People saying that our squad won't handle Europa footy do realise we get to buy players again the summer?

Hopefully good ones this time round but there's no reason we can't prepare properly for it.
The only plus is ...we can't really do worse than this year either in Europa or the transfer market .