May 22, 2018, 09:07:54 PM

Author Topic: [News]Walcott buzzing over Foxes cull  (Read 1122 times)

February 02, 2018, 02:24:18 AM
Read 1122 times

Everton News

Walcott buzzing over Foxes cull

Everton forward Theo Walcott says he it was togetherness that helped the Blues beat Leicester City in a soaked Goodison Park last night.

Source: Walcott buzzing over Foxes cull

February 02, 2018, 03:14:44 AM
Reply #1

BlueForYou

Breath of fresh air - gun down those gooners, Theo
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

February 02, 2018, 03:37:17 AM
Reply #2

sam of the south

"Seamus is a new animal!"

Great interview again from Walcott.

Enthusiastic, polite, engaging, he just comes across as an all-round nice lad, but not one that will be anything other than relentless in the pursuit of victory on the pitch... very similar to our Seamus.
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

February 02, 2018, 03:50:16 AM
Reply #3

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
"Seamus is a new animal!"

Great interview again from Walcott.

Enthusiastic, polite, engaging, he just comes across as an all-round nice lad, but not one that will be anything other than relentless in the pursuit of victory on the pitch... very similar to our Seamus.

Whilst I wasn't exactly doing a jig in the street, the negativity surrounding his signing massively baffled me.

February 02, 2018, 06:32:38 AM
Reply #4

Ramjam

If our man Theo keeps this form up he’ll be on the plane to Russia, and probably first name on the team sheet which would be totally deserved, great business signing a player who has an eye on the World Cup with something to prove
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

February 02, 2018, 07:54:39 AM
Reply #5

eyesalwaysblue

Low mileage for his age as well..
I still despise Clive Thomas..

February 02, 2018, 02:04:42 PM
Reply #6

Cozzie

You would like to think at 28 he is actually in his peak years too.

Hopefully keeps up the good form and fires us to the 7th placed trophy.

February 02, 2018, 02:16:27 PM
Reply #7

Waltzer

Think he'll turn out to be one of the signings of the year. Its crazy Arsenal let a player of his quality go as cheap as they did

February 02, 2018, 02:28:37 PM
Reply #8

School of Science

Maybe it's because we didn't play two defensive midfielders that we looked better and created a lot more.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

February 02, 2018, 02:41:09 PM
Reply #9

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Maybe it's because we didn't play two defensive midfielders that we looked better and created a lot more.

I think a lot of things went on against Leicester that were obvious but we were unable to resolve all of them in previous matches (except At the end of the Unsworth reign/start of Allardyce).

As @Bigjmill mentioned about Coleman being back allowing Keane to play his own game and let Jags help out Martina without being left open.
Gana being fit again and transfer talk around Schneiderlin allowing Davies to start.
Coleman being back also gave us a creative outlet for an entire game (not just when 1 person randomly tried something good).

A guy up front that was capable of running on more mature legs for a full game.

Sigurdsson being allowed the time & finally getting up to speed with his teammates to look worthy of the price tag (in todays market).

It all just clicked to make us a decent team again. Now, the run of form recently has destroyed our confidence and it wouldn't be Everton if we won a game easily. So we still lost our shit from the penalty onwards.
But still.

February 02, 2018, 02:54:25 PM
Reply #10

School of Science

I think a lot of things went on against Leicester that were obvious but we were unable to resolve all of them in previous matches (except At the end of the Unsworth reign/start of Allardyce).

As @Bigjmill mentioned about Coleman being back allowing Keane to play his own game and let Jags help out Martina without being left open.
Gana being fit again and transfer talk around Schneiderlin allowing Davies to start.
Coleman being back also gave us a creative outlet for an entire game (not just when 1 person randomly tried something good).

A guy up front that was capable of running on more mature legs for a full game.

Sigurdsson being allowed the time & finally getting up to speed with his teammates to look worthy of the price tag (in todays market).

It all just clicked to make us a decent team again. Now, the run of form recently has destroyed our confidence and it wouldn't be Everton if we won a game easily. So we still lost our shit from the penalty onwards.
But still.

Haha you went into more detail, just slightly and your more right than i am pal, Coleman if he stays fit can be the catalyst for a much better end to the season, than how it started..... Now for the left hand side.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

February 02, 2018, 03:00:47 PM
Reply #11

Lxxx

Whilst I wasn't exactly doing a jig in the street, the negativity surrounding his signing massively baffled me.

It wasn't negativity as such. Many just said it was an uninspiring and not particularly original signing, which it was, but it still might turn out ultimately successful.

February 02, 2018, 03:05:03 PM
Reply #12

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
It wasn't negativity as such. Many just said it was an uninspiring and not particularly original signing, which it was, but it still might turn out ultimately successful.

Then they are mentalists and/or hipsters.
What on earth has originality got to do with anything?

We got a player who is better than anybody else in our side, in his peak years for, what is today, peanuts.
I'd say that was pretty inspired.

In fact, it was original as well, because no other fucker did it, we did.

February 02, 2018, 03:09:08 PM
Reply #13

Lxxx

Then they are mentalists and/or hipsters.
What on earth has originality got to do with anything?

We got a player who is better than anybody else in our side, in his peak years for, what is today, peanuts.
I'd say that was pretty inspired.

In fact, it was original as well, because no other fucker did it, we did.

Listen it might well turn out to be a decent signing but buying players who are deemed surplus to requirements by the teams we're hoping to catch isn't an original transfer policy. Walcott looks like the right kind of personality rather than Schneiderlin who is totally the wrong type but it's a risk buying players who are taking a step down.

February 02, 2018, 03:25:54 PM
Reply #14

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Listen it might well turn out to be a decent signing but buying players who are deemed surplus to requirements by the teams we're hoping to catch isn't an original transfer policy. Walcott looks like the right kind of personality rather than Schneiderlin who is totally the wrong type but it's a risk buying players who are taking a step down.

Not quite as much of a risk as asking players to step up though.