August 15, 2018, 09:00:55 AM

Author Topic: Cenk or Niasse  (Read 8812 times)

February 02, 2018, 10:27:36 PM
Reply #30

civemark

Niasse has earned his chance

February 02, 2018, 10:55:55 PM
Reply #31

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Id be amazed if he was binned, Sam went on about the importance of his first signing being a success, Tosun will be given every opportunity to succeed at least until the end of the season, and in to next if Sam  is still here!!?

Prepare to be amazed
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

February 02, 2018, 11:07:39 PM
Reply #32

D15TIN

It worries me that people cant see the positive effect niasse brings to the team, yes he missed an easy chance on Wednesday (all do, he's actually a pretty good finisher in general), his persistence and workrate open up gaps for others to exploit, I wouldn't even sell him in the summer, for me he starts for the rest of the season whilst were in the position were in, he looks more of a threat than any of the other strikers.

February 02, 2018, 11:20:00 PM
Reply #33

BlueMaquis

I wish we could just fuck off the acclimatisation shite . The furthest point in Europe is about 4 hours these days . For me I would say we need to start creating more before we see Tosun contribute . Maybe the fact that Niasse chases down defenders and create space for Walcott is a short term tactic against certain teams . Certainly you need to press Leicester to stop them wafting it to Vardy and their defence never really got the ball down on the right . Long term we need a creative midfielder . Tosun just has a game we can't cater to at the minute .

Agreed. The daily average and low for January between Istanbul and Liverpool differs by less than one degree celsius. Istanbul also gets more rain and snow.

February 03, 2018, 12:53:21 AM
Reply #34

gizzblue

Think Tosun has been dipping his chips in Sam's personal gravy. ..if he doesn't start Satutday.

February 03, 2018, 02:37:57 AM
Reply #35

KoemansNumberTens

Thought Cenk looked quite good against Spurs. Think he will prove a very good buy

February 03, 2018, 04:38:03 AM
Reply #36

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I liked him at spurs deffo and just in general you dont wanna not see your new striker! Hes. Twenty odd million pound man and he plays up front I wanna see him on the pitch bagging goals or at least the midfield setting him up chances before any negativity sets in.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

February 03, 2018, 04:43:49 AM
Reply #37

colin

I assumed he didn't play Wednesday because he was being saved for tomorrow so I'm expected Cenk to start with Niasse coming on later.  Tough to predict the lineup these days though.

February 03, 2018, 04:49:33 AM
Reply #38

bacon sarnie

Think they should start Cenk and switch for Niasse for the final 20 and vice versa til they become superstars.

February 03, 2018, 05:19:36 AM
Reply #39

Danny

What's great about Niasse is when we signed him looking at his Youtube video everyone was saying he was scoring some quality goals but that a lot of them were scrappy and wouldn't happen in the prem, it turns out only the scrappy goals go in.

February 03, 2018, 05:23:32 AM
Reply #40

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
What's great about Niasse is when we signed him looking at his Youtube video everyone was saying he was scoring some quality goals but that a lot of them were scrappy and wouldn't happen in the prem, it turns out only the scrappy goals go in.

I think it must be a skill. Like that chance he had in the week where he made a one on one out of just running directly at someone - theyre supposed to be freaks them but his YouTube was full of them and hes buried about 4 of them this year.

February 03, 2018, 06:11:52 AM
Reply #41

gizzblue

Its written In the stars for Niasse ...only they know what the fuck hes gonna do next ...even Nostrodamus was sctatching his head .

February 03, 2018, 03:24:21 PM
Reply #42

Lxxx

I think it must be a skill. Like that chance he had in the week where he made a one on one out of just running directly at someone - theyre supposed to be freaks them but his YouTube was full of them and hes buried about 4 of them this year.

Its got to be an art, of sorts. I played centre half for years and Im trying to put myself in the position of facing a player who is unorthodox, direct, a pest, never stops running and is always trying to get in or around the danger areas.
I reckon hed be a nightmare as he doesnt make your usual runs, hed sometimes run straight through you than round you, and you can see why hes always making things happen for himself, even if he doesnt always have the quality to capitalise.

February 03, 2018, 04:13:42 PM
Reply #43

loroloco

I liked him at spurs deffo and just in general you dont wanna not see your new striker! Hes. Twenty odd million pound man and he plays up front I wanna see him on the pitch bagging goals or at least the midfield setting him up chances before any negativity sets in.

i agree with you wholeheartedly. i just wish the same mentality had been applied to niasse. people slaughtered him before he even went off to hull, even though he had only played a few minutes for us. once the hatred sets in people cant see anything else. the stick niasse gets is completely out of step with the lads talent. hes clearly a baller, just unconventional. im not saying hes a world beater by any stretch but a great squad player imo. drop the hate and give both of them time i reckon. people seem to forget (intentionally i think) that niasse has only played in about 20 games for us. his goal per minute ratio is pretty good. i wish them both well.

February 03, 2018, 04:31:00 PM
Reply #44

eugene

Every genuine Everton fan should moan and slag off Fat Sam either way.
No mate every Everton fan should get behind the team including the manager, we had a good win midweek had a decent January window and quite frankly defeatist overtones like yours are numbing.