December 10, 2018, 07:39:41 AM

Author Topic: Cenk or Niasse  (Read 10201 times)

February 02, 2018, 02:57:04 PM
Read 10201 times

Lxxx

Might just have been feeling a bit under the weather, coming from Turkey to Liverpool and it being fucking freezing n all that. I don't think it was anything more sinister than bedding him in.

Although I 100% don't agree with it as Niasse should never be starting a Premier League match, unless we're really desperate, as you can't build any kind of a platform with a guy who's running round like a headless chicken and not offering any structure to his play. He has a place and it's playing against tired defenders when we need a goal poacher or someone to make something happen, somehow.

February 03, 2018, 03:24:21 PM
Reply #1

Lxxx

I think it must be a skill. Like that chance he had in the week where he made a one on one out of just running directly at someone - theyre supposed to be freaks them but his YouTube was full of them and hes buried about 4 of them this year.

Its got to be an art, of sorts. I played centre half for years and Im trying to put myself in the position of facing a player who is unorthodox, direct, a pest, never stops running and is always trying to get in or around the danger areas.
I reckon hed be a nightmare as he doesnt make your usual runs, hed sometimes run straight through you than round you, and you can see why hes always making things happen for himself, even if he doesnt always have the quality to capitalise.

February 04, 2018, 03:33:09 AM
Reply #2

Lxxx

He won't be our main c.f. next year

Hes not even our main centre forward this year.

February 05, 2018, 04:10:22 PM
Reply #3

Lxxx

What players worth 75mil or more would come to Everton?

I wouldn't bother. Reality is wasted on this subject.

February 11, 2018, 04:45:59 PM
Reply #4

Lxxx

I'm not negative about Niasse at all ...more the fact that after all the waste in the summer we've now got another striker who can't even get a game .
One poster a while back actually accused me of being up Niasse's arse ,childish but funny I know .

That was also talk Sam was after Cenk at palace too so it's fucking anybody's guess what's actually true .

Walcot was allegedly scouted by Walsh although we all saw him week in week out .👍.but yeah Sam will take credit .

To be fair Walcott didn't need any scouting so no-one should be proclaiming any kind of success in this one.

February 12, 2018, 03:29:17 PM
Reply #5

Lxxx

'We won't use our new signing until we're mathematically safe' is about as small time mentality as it gets. I bet the lad is feeling ten feet tall in training this morning.

February 12, 2018, 05:31:52 PM
Reply #6

Lxxx

Allardyce has said Tosun is struggling with the pace of the PL in training.

I know people dont like SA but Id like to think hes at least capable of discerning when a player is underperforming in training.

The need to have a pop at the manager over every last thing is a bit tiresome.

Would you be starting Tosun ahead of Niasse right now?

No I wouldn't but I also wouldn't be informing the world about our desire to be mathematically safe before we used him either, which is a bit condescending. There is a third way you know and it's what good man managers use when they're trying to keep morale high and everyone onside.
He could maybe tell the world that the lad is doing great in training but Niasse is also playing well and scoring goals so he'll get his turn in due course. He could then work with him in private to bring him up to speed.

If he has genuine concerns about him maybe the best way to address those concerns is not to tell every man and his dog in public that you have them.

February 12, 2018, 05:43:41 PM
Reply #7

Lxxx

It took Niasse 2 years to make the first team. Probably be the same for Toscun.

At a time when Allardyce was publicly bemoaning the fact he doesn't have a main striker at the club we go and spend big money mid season on a striker who isn't ready to be the main striker at the club. Whichever way you look at it it's not great is it.

February 12, 2018, 11:27:15 PM
Reply #8

Lxxx

Got a bit of the Shaun Goater about him. The ball goes in the net and it's not always certain how but the goals rack up at the end of the season. Fans favourite but not a manager's.

February 13, 2018, 04:44:51 PM
Reply #9

Lxxx

Remember when we brought Oumar on with 10 to go on at west ham a few seasons ago?

Yeh remember that well. The stunned silence walking out was bizarre as everyone couldn't quite work out how we had managed to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. Classic Martinez.