September 25, 2018, 10:07:38 AM

Author Topic: Cenk or Niasse  (Read 9315 times)

February 02, 2018, 01:44:59 PM
Read 9315 times

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Made a good case for himself I thought.

Reckon Iíll moan my socks off regardless of who starts on Saturday tbh.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

February 02, 2018, 01:57:18 PM
Reply #1

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I'm not saying it is, but it wouldn't be the first 27 million we've wasted on a player.

In fact at this point itís almost our modus operandi.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

February 02, 2018, 02:28:58 PM
Reply #2

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I dont see the problem, I think part of the reason we did so miserably at the begging of the season was down to the fact we didn't give players to opportunity to adjust or settle in. Coming from Turkey it probably wouldnt have been easy on, or off of the field. I wish we had these options with Klasseen and Sandro, rather than throwing them in straight off destroying their confidence then seemingly binning them after they didnt perform.

Hope Tosun turns out to be a good signing but the fee is immaterial, you need to be training and performing better than your competitors and maybe its taking him a bit of time to get up to speed?

Oh 100% hes only been here two mins like.

The worry is that we started from quite a low starting point with oumar and dom, nothing against either of them but most of the prem have a striker that would walk in over that and be able to either offer better hold up than Niasse or more of a threat than Dom, due to where they are in their own careers atm... unfortunately tosun has played in games where weíve been crap, so hasnít had much of a chance to show us what heís got yet, and weíve seen recent purchases get binned off for less!

February 02, 2018, 10:55:55 PM
Reply #3

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Id be amazed if he was binned, Sam went on about the importance of his first signing being a success, Tosun will be given every opportunity to succeed at least until the end of the season, and in to next if Sam  is still here!!?

Prepare to be amazed

February 03, 2018, 04:38:03 AM
Reply #4

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I liked him at spurs deffo and just in general you donít wanna not see your new striker! Heís. Twenty odd million pound man and he plays up front I wanna see him on the pitch bagging goals or at least the midfield setting him up chances before any negativity sets in.

February 03, 2018, 05:23:32 AM
Reply #5

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
What's great about Niasse is when we signed him looking at his Youtube video everyone was saying he was scoring some quality goals but that a lot of them were scrappy and wouldn't happen in the prem, it turns out only the scrappy goals go in.

I think it must be a skill. Like that chance he had in the week where he made a one on one out of just running directly at someone - theyíre supposed to be freaks them but his YouTube was full of them and heís buried about 4 of them this year.

February 04, 2018, 01:20:53 AM
Reply #6

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Yes, Cenk and Niasse! Whys it need to be one or the other?

4-4-2 is the future.....

Havenít got the midfield for it.

4-3-3 with the right mix and weíll be fine.

February 09, 2018, 01:54:20 PM
Reply #7

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Had a dream niasse bagged two

February 10, 2018, 02:35:01 AM
Reply #8

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Here's hoping ....

Would love this ...or any of our players to bag a brace .

Well prepare yourself cause my mans getting two. Ones a header ones a six yard box scramble. Or it was in the dream anyway.

February 12, 2018, 11:31:29 PM
Reply #9

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Strongly suspect big sams much-lauded use of statistics begins and ends with ground covered and general work rate related data.

February 14, 2018, 03:47:04 AM
Reply #10

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
We were down to 10 men and they were having a decent season though.

Plus we took off Lennon who was doing a lot of work defensively.

We could have just swapped Tosun for Niasse without affecting the defensive balance at that stage.

To be honest I think the right move would have been niasse off DCL on.

Pace and work rate goes unaffected but we keep the ball better.