May 27, 2018, 06:43:26 AM

Author Topic: [News]Allardyce blames players for Arsenal humiliation  (Read 5819 times)

February 04, 2018, 04:25:33 AM
Reply #45

toffee_scot

That quote can't be genuine surely?

Sky Sports reporting http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11671/11235872/sam-allardyce-says-everton-were-pathetic-in-5-1-defeat-to-arsenal

February 04, 2018, 04:26:03 AM
Reply #46

Waltzer

Same, he did what was expected first few games. Now it's turned into a total mess again and he's obviously not up to the job.
I've said it before and I probably come across as anti moshiri, which I'm not, I just want the best for Everton, but our leadership genuinely worries me. We jeopardized our season in our pursuit of Silva, we wanted to pay In excess of 12 million for him, we got desperate and got Allardyce. We could now get Silva for probably half that amount ot even the same amount if we sacked Sam, yet we don't? If he was willing to spunk 12 million 4 months ago why not get him now? He just goes on whims and really doesn't have a clue or a clear idea of how to progress us. I'm not saying Silva is the solution, but im sure as hell those in charge dont have much of a better idea on how to get success either.
Didn't really do a great job of proving im not against moshiri granted, but genuinely I'm not!!😂

February 04, 2018, 04:28:20 AM
Reply #47

Gash

Global Moderator
Sky Sports reporting http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11671/11235872/sam-allardyce-says-everton-were-pathetic-in-5-1-defeat-to-arsenal

Yeah, fuck that. That's the type of thing you come out with on a Sunday morning after the game behind closed doors, not to the waiting media, the cunt.

February 04, 2018, 04:28:32 AM
Reply #48

sam of the south

Fuck me, to think we paid so much for Bolasie.

The more I hear from Shithouse Sam, the more I despise everything he stands for.

"The whole team played crap!"

😂 He is so fucking unprofessional!

He's like the manager of a pub team getting pissed in the clubhouse after the game
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

February 04, 2018, 04:31:46 AM
Reply #49

hackersunite

Martinez no good.
Koeman no good
Allardyce no good

Who can get our fantastic club back to where it should belong. Get Silva now or someone who isnt going to let this bunch of player carry on.

it takes a second to make a friend, but a lifetime to keep one!!!

February 04, 2018, 04:35:39 AM
Reply #50

toffee_scot

"The whole team played crap!"

😂 He is so fucking unprofessional!

He's like the manager of a pub team getting pissed in the clubhouse after the game

I find it quite sad.

I'm not saying the previous managers were saints but at least they knew how to conduct themselves with a great degree of professionalism in front of the media.

I used to take great pride in Everton - at least on the face of it - conducting itself with great dignity especially in relation to other clubs. But since the new investment has come in I feel we've lost a lot of that, people like Moshiri and Allardyce certainly haven't helped the club's image.

February 04, 2018, 04:35:56 AM
Reply #51

duncandisorderly

I've said it before and I probably come across as anti moshiri, which I'm not, I just want the best for Everton, but our leadership genuinely worries me. We jeopardized our season in our pursuit of Silva, we wanted to pay In excess of 12 million for him, we got desperate and got Allardyce. We could now get Silva for probably half that amount ot even the same amount if we sacked Sam, yet we don't? If he was willing to spunk 12 million 4 months ago why not get him now? He just goes on whims and really doesn't have a clue or a clear idea of how to progress us. I'm not saying Silva is the solution, but im sure as hell those in charge dont have much of a better idea on how to get success either.
Didn't really do a great job of proving im not against moshiri granted, but genuinely I'm not!!
Yeah something isn't right behind the scenes. It does look like Moshiri doesn't have a clue what he's doing and he's just throwing money at it, but I don't think that's the worst thing in the world in the sense that he's prepared to spend on our club. Problem seems to me like hes probably employed people like Walsh, who he believes, do know what they are doing. I think they are letting him down badly, I don't think the whole director of football or whatever it is, is helping the club right now.  I think we need to get it right in the summer in areas like, manager, DOF, scouting & identifying targets. 

February 04, 2018, 04:45:33 AM
Reply #52

toshyboy

Donít get me wrong Iím not trying to defend allardyce but reading through all the opinions the players are getting away with murder.

Gang of shithouse bottlers who constantly underperform.

Tactics and selection go so far but damn right desire and determination are sorely lacking with this bunch of cunts

February 04, 2018, 04:49:35 AM
Reply #53

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah, not having some of the comments if accurate.

This club...

February 04, 2018, 04:55:47 AM
Reply #54

duncandisorderly

Don't get me wrong I'm not trying to defend allardyce but reading through all the opinions the players are getting away with murder.

Tactics and selection go so far but damn right desire and determination are sorely lacking with this bunch of cunts
The players have been fucking awful mate no argument from me there. some of the attitudes of a few of them are disgraceful, some of them clearly aren't good enough. But to change a winning team from Wednesday so much like Allardyce did today was criminal. You could see how much we improved 2nd half by simply going to a back 4 and bringing Davies on. He chanced his arm on that formation today & it cost us the game early on. It's definitely a bit of both though, players and manager being as shite as each other. Summer at this club is going to be crucial, players, managers in and out, hopefully with a director of football on his way too. Just hope we get the people in we need.

February 04, 2018, 05:00:39 AM
Reply #55

toffee_scot

Donít get me wrong Iím not trying to defend allardyce but reading through all the opinions the players are getting away with murder.

Yeah there are quite a few players who don't understand or probably don't even give a shit about the importance of playing for Everton. I've pretty much had it with Schneiderlin, I don't know what the hell is going on with him, he looked good this time last year but now he really needs time away from the first team.

At the same time, while I agree the players should take more responsibility, it doesn't help that some of the managers we've had this season have insisted on rotating large chunks of the team after every game so few of them know their value or purpose in the team. It also doesn't help when a manager approaches a game so negatively, we used to criticise David Moyes for his inferior mentality towards clubs at the top end of the table but Sam Allardyce has taken it completely to a new level.

If the manager doesn't encourage a winning mentality but rather encourages a drawing mentality or even a narrow defeat mentality then you are going to end up with a team of losers.

February 04, 2018, 05:06:21 AM
Reply #56

indiantoffee1975

Allardyce is the only one who comes out a winner here. The club came back grovelling to him when he realised they weren't his first choice replacement as manager. He then screwed them over for millions for an 18 month contract. In the summer he will be laughing when the club pay him off.

Fans need to look at the bigger picture and see how inept the people running our club really are, worse than fucking Sam Allardyce, and not just on his appointment but many catastrophic decisions which are routinely made.

February 04, 2018, 05:12:17 AM
Reply #57

Nick

Wow...don't really know where to start with this shower of shit.

One thing is guaranteed, is that these kind of hammerings will keep happening with this team, under this leadership.

So many players not good enough for a top 6-8 prem team, Allardyce has a proven track record of mediocrity and we're continuing our slide into an abyss of averageness.

How we're as high as 10th place is only down to the crap that is below us in the league, although 7 of those teams have conceded fewer goals than us.

We'll stay up this season, but our stock as a club will continue to drop.  We've splashed out crazy money for average players and have sold our best player for a generation for peanuts (not as simple as that, I know).  All the while, we are just unable to deliver.  Porous in defence and no threat up front.

It has got to a stage of accepting mid-to-lower table survival under a second rate manager, with players not fit enough to clean the boots of the best in the premier league.

As I said, we'll be beaten like this again.  There is some quality in this league, at least 6 teams are capable of taking us to the cleaners and the more worrying aspect is that, all the other teams in the PL know that we are there for the taking.  If they attack, they'll get chances and the way our defence is, they are likely to score.

February 04, 2018, 05:16:01 AM
Reply #58

toshyboy

Yeah there are quite a few players who don't understand or probably don't even give a shit about the importance of playing for Everton. I've pretty much had it with Schneiderlin, I don't know what the hell is going on with him, he looked good this time last year but now he really needs time away from the first team.

At the same time, while I agree the players should take more responsibility, it doesn't help that some of the managers we've had this season have insisted on rotating large chunks of the team after every game so few of them know their value or purpose in the team. It also doesn't help when a manager approaches a game so negatively, we used to criticise David Moyes for his inferior mentality towards clubs at the top end of the table but Sam Allardyce has taken it completely to a new level.

If the manager doesn't encourage a winning mentality but rather encourages a drawing mentality or even a narrow defeat mentality then you are going to end up with a team of losers.

I take on board the managers  antics donít help like but that doesnít excuse the output from the team. To me itís basic things weíre doing wrong. Changes in system can cost u a game but not the fashion in which u lose. Iím sick of us folding like a pack of cards, itís criminal the way they consistently underperform. If we have a go and fall short u can blame tactics, but we just roll over and die like cowards alll the time

Gang of shithouses

February 04, 2018, 05:39:09 AM
Reply #59

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
That Sky Sports interview is an absolute joke.