December 10, 2018, 06:41:50 PM

Author Topic: [News]Allardyce blames players for Arsenal humiliation  (Read 8580 times)

February 04, 2018, 11:04:32 PM
Reply #105

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
You can't build stability based on those sort of comments. It's like poison. I thought they would give Allardyce the length of his contract to avoid chopping and changing too much, but I can't see how he stays beyond the end of the season now unless we go on some amazing unbeaten run.

I still say the first appointment, which should be ASAP will be a new DoF. 

February 04, 2018, 11:08:23 PM
Reply #106

eyesalwaysblue

Compared to Sam, he was the most positive manager in the world. And that's with me losing patience with Moyes in the last 3 years of his reign.
He's deffo more positive nowadays, didn't blame Sam for anything till last night, he's shit his hole with that display...people who doubted his motives were spot on..
I still despise Clive Thomas..

February 05, 2018, 02:46:39 AM
Reply #107

bacon sarnie

He's deffo more positive nowadays, didn't blame Sam for anything till last night, he's shit his hole with that display...people who doubted his motives were spot on..

Shit his hole......ha, ace! He's dead to me!

February 05, 2018, 02:50:48 AM
Reply #108

kbaker_1

The dick even had the cheek to suggest that his ‘tactical awareness’ influenced the second half pick up. Sam it was you that chose completely the wrong set up, personnel (who the fuck trials a new formation with a brand new CB at the Emirates??!) for the first half

If the players don’t respond it’s probably because (as you alluded to) they only had 3 days to think about the new tactics and ZERO time to practice them (all your own words Sam).

Well here are my words for you. It’s just plain STUPID to go with something new with such short notice, especially at a time when player confidence is already low. Abysmal management

February 05, 2018, 03:04:42 AM
Reply #109

bacon sarnie

The dick even had the cheek to suggest that his ‘tactical awareness’ influenced the second half pick up. Sam it was you that chose completely the wrong set up, personnel (who the fuck trials a new formation with a brand new CB at the Emirates??!) for the first half

If the players don’t respond it’s probably because (as you alluded to) they only had 3 days to think about the new tactics and ZERO time to practice them (all your own words Sam).

Well here are my words for you. It’s just plain STUPID to go with something new with such short notice, especially at a time when player confidence is already low. Abysmal management

He's a weapon, a gum chewing trident missile headed for wealthy retirement.

February 05, 2018, 03:52:49 PM
Reply #110

Hawkandro

Wow, can't believe he's singled out Tosun and said he wasn't holding the ball up like he did at besiktas......in his first 1 & 1/2 games, that's why he hasn't been starting!! Also said that he hasn't hit the ground running. Play him then you fucking moron, he can't hit the ground running if he's not playing. He actually did okay basically in the 100 mins he's played for us. Done with Allardyce, fuck him.

This is what baffles me this season; Sandro, Klaassen and now Tosun are not good enough... fucking give them more than 3 games you Thundercunt.
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

February 05, 2018, 04:07:12 PM
Reply #111

Lxxx

The players DO have to take a big cthunk of the blame.

Some of these professionals are letting us down time after time whoever the manager is.

Martinez is now Belgium manager... Koeman will be Holland's.

Things worked well under both here at first. Did they become bad managers or did the players ?

They are doing the same to Allardyce.

That might have been a valid argument had it been the same players throwing games now to when we used to capitulate under Martinez but it isn't. We've spent hundreds of millions and used over 30 players just this season. There wasn't a single player (barring Niasse who barely played) who featured against Arsenal that was here when Martinez got the bullet so let's stop saying there is something endemic throughout the squad.

This time last year we were still in with a shout of the top 4 and with a good summer of recruitment Koeman would still be here and we wouldn't be where we are now. In my mind the buck stops with one man and that is Walsh, a man appointed way above his ability and has been instrumental in everything bad about the club in the past 18 months.

February 06, 2018, 12:35:10 AM
Reply #112

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Still find it amusing his defence was that he copied Swansea and so the tactics were fine. Is that the extent of our ideas? It's the tactical equivalent of trying to answer exam questions by looking at what the kid next to us is writing and wondering what went wrong.

February 06, 2018, 12:46:37 AM
Reply #113

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Still find it amusing his defence was that he copied Swansea and so the tactics were fine. Is that the extent of our ideas? It's the tactical equivalent of trying to answer exam questions by looking at what the kid next to us is writing and wondering what went wrong.

So we all know what to expect on Saturday, Newcastle got a point against Palace so let’s just copy what Newcastle did, one more point to safety eh !

February 06, 2018, 12:53:08 AM
Reply #114

Everton Mint

I reckon he just wrote-off the Arsenal game as a damage-limitation job.

It was a disaster in those terms but he was never expecting anything other than a defeat anyway.

Looks like the Palace game was always the target.

February 06, 2018, 12:59:52 AM
Reply #115

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber

It’s just as baffling that he’d then hammer the players when all he’d done was show them videos of that game.

Ignoring completely Home / away dynamics for us and them, different players, that they probably practiced that for a week before the game.

He actually said something similar after Spurs where he said he toyed with the idea of copying WHam but then opted for the more “attacking” approach.

I don’t expect us to go all gung ho in these games at all but we should at least be playing with some resemblance to how we normally play not just copying wholesale someone else with previous success.

February 06, 2018, 01:01:08 AM
Reply #116

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
I reckon he just wrote-off the Arsenal game as a damage-limitation job.

It was a disaster in those terms but he was never expecting anything other than a defeat anyway.

Looks like the Palace game was always the target.
Why would you write any game off?

Simply simply lovely

February 06, 2018, 01:09:06 AM
Reply #117

Everton Mint

I wouldnt but Allardyce seems to have.

February 06, 2018, 01:09:39 AM
Reply #118

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Why would you write any game off?

Because it’s Allardyce, he picks up a million for keeping us up, gives a fuck about even trying at Arsenal,
reckons we get out of there with 1-0 or 2-0 defeat, was expected by the bookies anyway, keeps his powder dry for Crystal Palace then only needs another 4 or 5 points to get his bonus, gives a fuck if we finish 15th or 7th he won’t be around anyway and he knows it.

February 06, 2018, 01:10:26 AM
Reply #119

Everton Mint

Rooney just said the players have to take responsibility.