August 16, 2018, 09:50:02 AM

Author Topic: [News]Allardyce blames players for Arsenal humiliation  (Read 6773 times)

February 06, 2018, 03:20:50 AM
Reply #135

Everton Mint

Rooney:
 "A manager can do so much, set you up and give you a gameplan but as a group of players you need to go out on the pitch, make decisions and take ownership."

February 06, 2018, 03:32:24 AM
Reply #136

Lxxx

As an aside he's not aged well at all has he Rooney. Looks at least 10 years older than his age.

February 06, 2018, 03:57:32 AM
Reply #137

Evertonian in NC

Surely the Board can see how embarrassing this is? Can they possibly be this dense?
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

February 06, 2018, 05:42:13 AM
Reply #138

Jamokachi

As an aside he's not aged well at all has he Rooney. Looks at least 10 years older than his age.

Always has.

February 06, 2018, 06:09:37 AM
Reply #139

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Still find it amusing his defence was that he copied Swansea and so the tactics were fine. Is that the extent of our ideas? It's the tactical equivalent of trying to answer exam questions by looking at what the kid next to us is writing and wondering what went wrong.

My issue with it is how little we even looked like Swansea! The game I watched they pressed them to death and forced mistakes. Ozil was filling in his tax returns on the way way through our midfield he had so much time.

Xhaka looked like the kind of midfielder that if you put it on his toes will switch off and I don’t know, maybe a certain tenacious scouse cm with beautiful blonde locks may have been able to Clucas the fuck out of him but he left him on the bench!
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

February 06, 2018, 02:54:52 PM
Reply #140

Hawkandro

Rooney spoke to the players at HT and told them they had to try to salvage some pride and win the 2nd half.

...and we couldn't even do that.
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

February 06, 2018, 02:56:10 PM
Reply #141

Hawkandro

Surely the Board can see how embarrassing this is? Can they possibly be this dense?

I would imagine Moshiri doesn't want us to have 4 managers in one season; not until we are mathematically safe at least.

Once we are safe, I reckon we will announce Sam is leaving at the end of the season, with a thank you for keeping us up, and we are bringing Marco Silva in on a 3 or 4 year deal.
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.