September 20, 2018, 05:10:51 AM

Author Topic: Everton v Crystal Palace  (Read 16943 times)

February 04, 2018, 02:28:14 PM
Read 16943 times

Alanvideo

But big clubs aren't beating other big clubs 5-1
..............not quite but the shite have been beat 5-0 and 4-1 this season. But we are top of the league for getting thrashed !
We are special ,we are Everton.

February 04, 2018, 04:41:56 PM
Reply #1

Alanvideo

Roy Hodgson has never won at Goodison .
Well I just made that up but I'm clutching at straws . 

February 05, 2018, 11:17:49 PM
Reply #2

Alanvideo

And we've topped up his pension to a level he could only dream of so reputation isn't something he's concerned about nowadays.
..........................I doubt he's had any money worries since being sacked by Newcastle 10 seasons ago and walked away with a reputed 6m.
from The Guardian January 2008  -
<<  Allardyce's position had been in jeopardy even before the start of the season, as the club's new owner, Mike Ashley, was rumoured to be keen on replacing him immediately. Ashley had not been involved with Newcastle when previous chairman Freddy Shepherd enticed Allardyce from Bolton last May. The manager was, however, entrusted with substantial transfer funds during the summer and began the season positively, winning 3-1 at his old stomping ground in Bolton.

Performances soon dipped, however, and doubts were raised not just about the quality of his signings, but also about Allardyce's style, with fans nonplussed by a strange lack of cohesion in the team and the manager's insistence on playing players such as Alan Smith in unaccustomed roles. The pressure intensified over Christmas, when Newcastle took just one point from four games - and that at home to rock-bottom Derby, who, back in September, recorded their first and so far only win of the season by deservedly beating Newcastle 1-0 at Pride Park.
Allardyce took charge of just 24 games, winning eight, losing 10 and drawing six. >>

February 06, 2018, 07:14:51 PM
Reply #3

Alanvideo

Despite the best efforts of SA & co. Goodison is sold out fro the Palace game.

February 06, 2018, 07:31:26 PM
Reply #4

Alanvideo

Could be very toxic then
............quite likely if things go badly. TBF though most Sat 3pm games sell out .I certainly prefer a traditional ko time.

February 08, 2018, 03:51:35 PM
Reply #5

Alanvideo

As we only have Saturday games left for the rest of the season there is no reason what so ever for any professional footballer in our squad not being able to play 90 minutes each Saturday until May
......................one or two of the remaining fixtures might be  'adjusted ' for Sky /BT yet mate. The Man City game is 5-30 and they are bound to move the derby. Also Burnley A is 12-30 ,Watford A is 5-30 .But as you say ,all Saturdays up till now .

February 10, 2018, 01:16:28 AM
Reply #6

Alanvideo

Mad given that the season is apparently over that we aren't giving a lad we've spent 27m on a chance to play and get used to the league.
...............I'm sure he'll come on at some point in this game ,probably better if he comes on for Niasse when we're in a winning position. I hope.