July 17, 2018, 03:11:36 PM

Author Topic: Everton v Crystal Palace  (Read 15130 times)

February 10, 2018, 10:58:31 PM
Read 15130 times

indiantoffee1975

Good win and one step closer to Allardyce packing his bags and fucking off.

February 10, 2018, 11:14:40 PM
Reply #1

indiantoffee1975

I wouldn't be so sure, unfortunately

With his comments about blaming players and then today the fans, i'll be amazed if he's not gone in May. He's here to guarantee to safety.

February 10, 2018, 11:19:46 PM
Reply #2

indiantoffee1975

What did he say?

“It's not me who wins the fans over. The players do it for me because they go out and perform and get results. That is what I need them to do and that gives us all breathing space that we need at the moment.”

“I am not saying my job is on the line, but if you carry on losing football matches all our jobs are on the line if you are not expected to lose many. That is the name of the game,” he explained.

“We won against Leicester and they all said how well we had played and what a great job we were doing. Then we go and lose to Arsenal and we are all crap and rubbish.

“That is what happens when you get a society that promotes people ringing up and expressing their opinion. But the vast majority of fans wont be like that. The ones who are volatile will ring in the most.

“You know that the internet... you say look at that negativity but it is 15 fans arguing among themselves and some of them haven't even been to the game. Negativity happens when you lose 5-1. Criticism happens and you accept it.”

“I have talked about the contract length meaning nothing because the results mean everything for how long you stay,” Allardyce continued.

“How long did Ronald have? Four or five years and it ended up being 18 months. Frank De Boer went to Palace after me, I had a one-and-a-half-year contract but he had a three-year contract and lasted four months.

“So my contract is as long as we go forward together and achieve results together, moving into the new stadium together, hopefully with a great team. I hope I see that time, but for the moment it's only the next game and the end of the season I'm focusing on.”
« Last Edit: February 10, 2018, 11:21:24 PM by indiantoffee1975 »