September 24, 2018, 05:15:54 AM

Author Topic: Everton v Crystal Palace  (Read 17195 times)

February 10, 2018, 11:26:44 PM
Reply #525

Lxxx

Think it did him or the team any good?

I can understand people bring frustrated with the sub and his form but did it help him or the team in any way?

That's looking at things rationally. Mob mentality doesn't work like that though, we're not just talking like one fan has expressed his or her opinion.

February 10, 2018, 11:26:51 PM
Reply #526

Ross

Some can't give him any credit can they?

He does something and people go... "Yeah but he didn't mean it"

Donít think heís scored or assisted a goal were thereís not been people having a pop at him saying it was down to luck one way or the other.

Very similar to peopleís reaction last season to Robles.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

February 10, 2018, 11:27:08 PM
Reply #527

Ramjam

Was great being back at Goodison.  Gueye MOTM for me, as he was everywhere and won a few important fouls to settle things.

The Schneiderlin booing was terrible.  Yes, we all wanted Tosun on but don't boo someone coming on when you're 3-0 up.

Had no idea what the penalty was for from how far away we were.
Williams hand ball with his hands raised above his head
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

February 10, 2018, 11:27:20 PM
Reply #528

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Nah. I'll stretch to 'effective on his best day', but not good or anything like that.

Come on man.

He scores goals and makes things happen everytime he's on the pitch.

Even so, his link up play is massively improving.

Rooney or Davies has that touch for the first goal and people are raving about it.

February 10, 2018, 11:28:35 PM
Reply #529

Macca77

And Tom Davies though.

Reminds me of Peter Reid every time

February 10, 2018, 11:29:21 PM
Reply #530

Ross

That's looking at things rationally. Mob mentality doesn't work like that though, we're not just talking like one fan has expressed his or her opinion.

Iíll be honest Iíve never rated him but to boo him on is a another level of madness. Iím glad heís out the team and we look a lot more fluid and dynamic in the middle without him but itís done no good long term that.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

February 10, 2018, 11:30:13 PM
Reply #531

Lxxx

Nah. I'll stretch to 'effective on his best day', but not good or anything like that.

If we're comparing him to players who play for better teams than us then you wouldn't say he was good. For a mid table side he probably averages a goal or assist more or less every other game, which by any metric is pretty good.

I get what you're saying but at some stage the lad does deserve some credit. He doesn't get cut enough slack because he's unorthodox.

February 10, 2018, 11:31:14 PM
Reply #532

sam of the south

Defo
His whole body shape is to put it in the other corner

Nah, gave him the eyes, didn't he ;)
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

February 10, 2018, 11:31:22 PM
Reply #533

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
We'll finish 7th again, ridiculous

Need to improve away.

Three out of next four are away and then City and Lípool at home.

If we only get 1 or 2 points from the away games the next 6 could see a low return.

February 10, 2018, 11:32:38 PM
Reply #534

Lxxx

Iíll be honest Iíve never rated him but to boo him on is a another level of madness. Iím glad heís out the team and we look a lot more fluid and dynamic in the middle without him but itís done no good long term that.

If we had a manager with a little nous about him he'd take him out the firing line totally for a bit to attempt to diffuse the situation. I fear Sam's arrogance would lead him to make it worse in an attempt to show the fans he knows more about football than them.

February 10, 2018, 11:32:50 PM
Reply #535

Ramjam

If we're comparing him to players who play for better teams than us then you wouldn't say he was good. For a mid table side he probably averages a goal or assist more or less every other game, which by any metric is pretty good.

I get what you're saying but at some stage the lad does deserve some credit. He doesn't get cut enough slack because he's unorthodox.
He give his all for the full 90, just wish the rest of them had the same mentality
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

February 10, 2018, 11:34:11 PM
Reply #536

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Need to improve away.

Three out of next four are away and then City and L'pool at home.

If we only get 1 or 2 points from the away games the next 6 could see a low return.
We'd be back in amongst it of we pick up one or two points from the next six
Simply simply lovely

February 10, 2018, 11:34:44 PM
Reply #537

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Why can't we play with that team and formation away from home? What is the difference? It's still played on a bit of grass. Sure you don't have as many fans, but that's about it.
"If you believe it will work out, youíll see opportunities. If you believe it wonít, you will see obstacles." Ė Wayne Dyer

February 10, 2018, 11:34:49 PM
Reply #538

eyesalwaysblue

He's a twat
Why can't he just admit his Arsenal team selection was fuckin shite, he'd spoil a brand new fanny with his gob..
I still despise Clive Thomas..

February 10, 2018, 11:36:07 PM
Reply #539

Ross

If we had a manager with a little nous about him he'd take him out the firing line totally for a bit to attempt to diffuse the situation. I fear Sam's arrogance would lead him to make it worse in an attempt to show the fans he knows more about football than them.

Yeah I agree itís a battle of wills now and thereís only one out come.