September 24, 2018, 04:33:53 AM

Author Topic: Man Utd target £50m Everton ace  (Read 5356 times)

February 05, 2018, 02:44:46 AM
Reply #75

bacon sarnie

Take it and buy Pope for 20 mil.

Bless you my son!

February 05, 2018, 02:44:47 AM
Reply #76

eyesalwaysblue

To be fair Rob Green went on some awsum fishing trips..
I still despise Clive Thomas..

February 05, 2018, 02:52:46 AM
Reply #77

blue slug

If you are only looking at the stats to form an argument it's clear that no matter how long you've been watching football for you don't understand it

Exactly Iím 42 and Sam Allardyce has been watching football a lot longer than me and heís clueless as fuck

February 05, 2018, 03:02:09 AM
Reply #78

Rodenplav64

Comparing Pickford to Rob Green just proves how clueless some of our fans are

You are right . I don't suppose Rob Green had conceded anywhere near as many . I owe him an apology there I think . At the end of the day the thread was about being offered £50 million and not "Is Jordan Pickford shite " or is "Jordan Pickford the best keeper we have ever had " . It pisses me off when people just revert to calling someone clueless because their opinion ( rightly or wrongly ) differs from theirs .

February 05, 2018, 03:10:07 AM
Reply #79

Macca77

You are right . I don't suppose Rob Green had conceded anywhere near as many . I owe him an apology there I think . At the end of the day the thread was about being offered £50 million and not "Is Jordan Pickford shite " or is "Jordan Pickford the best keeper we have ever had " . It pisses me off when people just revert to calling someone clueless because their opinion ( rightly or wrongly ) differs from theirs .

No hes not the best keeper we've had, yet. Hes still young, theres no denying that he is a top keeper and will improve as he gets older, hes already Englands number one. Rob Green was an abomination of a keeper

February 05, 2018, 03:13:37 AM
Reply #80

Martip

No hes not the best keeper we've had, yet. Hes still young, theres no denying that he is a top keeper and will improve as he gets older, hes already Englands number one. Rob Green was an abomination of a keeper
This is the thing I can't see he is a top keeper yet as he's not done anywhere near enough to justify that tag and he's not better than butland so not England's no1 yet imo.

February 05, 2018, 03:19:37 AM
Reply #81

blue slug

Itís your opinion dude but seriously rob green was woeful I think we have a good keeper in Pickford

February 05, 2018, 03:20:42 AM
Reply #82

Jamokachi

It pisses me off when people just revert to calling someone clueless because their opinion ( rightly or wrongly ) differs from theirs .

You know, if it's a debate you're after you should maybe refrain from such ridiculous, outlandish comments when trying to make your point. Because no one will take you seriously.

February 05, 2018, 03:21:44 AM
Reply #83

Jamokachi

This is the thing I can't see he is a top keeper yet as he's not done anywhere near enough to justify that tag and he's not better than butland so not England's no1 yet imo.

You've obviously not watched much of Butland this season. A shadow of his pre-injury self.

February 05, 2018, 04:24:01 AM
Reply #84

Rodenplav64

You know, if it's a debate you're after you should maybe refrain from such ridiculous, outlandish comments when trying to make your point. Because no one will take you seriously.

It was to highlight he could go one way or the other . However , Green was relegated with Norwich yet still got picked by Sven for the World Cup as the Manager could see the quality apparently ( sounds familiar ) I also couldn't care less about being taken seriously or not . I am standing for Parliamnet or anything like that . I am just not buying into him yet .

February 05, 2018, 04:55:30 AM
Reply #85

Martip

You've obviously not watched much of Butland this season. A shadow of his pre-injury self.
t
I have not to be fair....has he dipped that much as he brilliant in the lead up to his england callup ?

February 05, 2018, 11:59:47 AM
Reply #86

bigl1cks

He's too small in my opinion. That deflected goal on Saturday is case in point, if he is even a little bit taller it's an easy save.
anything but long ball!

February 05, 2018, 12:52:04 PM
Reply #87

Jamokachi

t
I have not to be fair....has he dipped that much as he brilliant in the lead up to his england callup ?

He's not been anywhere near his pre injury level. I guess he could re-capture that form, but he's not as yet.

February 05, 2018, 12:53:55 PM
Reply #88

Jamokachi

He's too small in my opinion. That deflected goal on Saturday is case in point, if he is even a little bit taller it's an easy save.

Fuck me, does the world of football realise this? You better get a memo sent out, stat!

Do you honestly think that if there were concerns over his height he'd be anywhere near the level of football he's playing?

February 05, 2018, 01:01:56 PM
Reply #89

Jamokachi

I also couldn't care less about being taken seriously or not .
Then stop moaning about people's responses.

You've made a ridiculously outlandish comment about a player who has clearly been one of our better performers this season, has been courted by many top teams, has long been earmarked as one of the best young players in the country, and has been selected ahead of his more experienced peers for the national side.

The fact you felt the need to go to such ridiculous lengths to highlight your opinion suggests it's nothing more than hyperbole. Yes he's conceded goals, yes he's playing behind a terribly inconsistent defence. But he's doing that and still proving to be a top keeper who's only going to get better. He's made some wonderful saves this year, but like everyone else has made a few errors. Which is to be expected of a young player.

The single biggest compliment I can bestow is that I never go into a game concerned about a fuck up that he's going to make, as I did in Howard's latter days and every single fucking time Robles took (takes) to the field. And I'd imagine 99% of people that watch football (and not only Everton) feel the same. 
« Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 01:03:12 PM by Jamokachi »