October 20, 2018, 07:42:35 PM

Author Topic: Man Utd target 50m Everton ace  (Read 5598 times)

February 04, 2018, 06:37:14 PM
Reply #30

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
101 goals conceded and 229 saves so our goal difference could be whole lot worse

He's almost a one in two keeper!
The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Dont wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope. Barack Obama

February 04, 2018, 06:37:47 PM
Reply #31

Rodenplav64

101 goals conceded and 229 saves so our goal difference could be whole lot worse

I think most of them saves were at Sunderland . He has kept 10 clean sheets in 57 appearances yet Joel kept 17 in 51 and he is apparently one of the worse ever to pull on the green jersey at Goodison and was playing under a Manager who didn't have a clue defensively and one who bought someone in on a free rather chance him . I have my doubts about Pickford that is all .

February 04, 2018, 06:44:18 PM
Reply #32

Bluedylan

Our best signing last summer and easily one of our best players. Utter drivel from Rodenplav, not unusually.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

February 04, 2018, 06:59:30 PM
Reply #33

Rodenplav64

Our best signing last summer and easily one of our best players. Utter drivel from Rodenplav, not unusually.

Your opinion mate . Not worth a shite as usual but hey ho . He could actually get relegated twice but there is immense promise there . I agree he was the best signing by the way but that is hardly praise since we signed a sack of shit .
« Last Edit: February 04, 2018, 07:00:44 PM by Rodenplav64 »

February 04, 2018, 07:04:39 PM
Reply #34

KoemansNumberTens

I really don't see it either. Think his performances have been very average. The odd why he pushes stuff back into dangerous areas is a serious flaw and surely 1 of the very basics of keeping

February 04, 2018, 07:14:38 PM
Reply #35

Ross

Easily one of our best players and one of the few this season to be able to hold his head up and say they tried and show they cared.

Considering some of the utter shite weve got in the squad showing less heart, fight and commitment than a week old dead fish this lad should be beyond reproach.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

February 04, 2018, 07:17:09 PM
Reply #36

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Someone doesnt have to have had an amazing season either.

Hes generally played well, made some very good saves and made some, but not loads, mistakes.

If it were true that Utd were in for him, it would also suggest that theyre looking beyond just this season and therefore so should we be doing.

February 04, 2018, 07:21:26 PM
Reply #37

Alanvideo

Pickford's form /confidence has dipped lately but he's playing behind a different back 3/4/5 or whatever every game. He's only young and going to be a great keeper.
De Gea was full of errors in his first season at Man U and was dropped by Fergie but came back stronger .
We are special ,we are Everton.

February 04, 2018, 07:21:33 PM
Reply #38

Rodenplav64

Easily one of our best players and one of the few this season to be able to hold his head up and say they tried and show they cared.

Considering some of the utter shite weve got in the squad showing less heart, fight and commitment than a week old dead fish this lad should be beyond reproach.

Your right . He is boss at shouting and banging his gloves together . No one should be beyond criticism especially when they make the same mistakes over and over . He has cost us at least 5 goals by pushing the ball straight to an opposing player for starters . Yes he makes some decent saves but then so would anyone given the amount of shots he has had at him . Even the slight deflection caught him out yesterday and he didn't even have to shift his feet as it was nearly straight at him . He flapped plenty against Leicester . Maybe he just needs a few decent defenders in front of him but he is far from free of criticism ( to me anyway ) . Good thing is Mangala can only get better ( when someone paints L and R on the correct boot ) so things could be looking up for him .

February 04, 2018, 07:22:32 PM
Reply #39

Mayor Farnum

As it seems with all our signings we massively over-paid for him; if United want to do the same I don't see why we should stand in their way.

February 04, 2018, 07:44:47 PM
Reply #40

Bob Sacamano

This thread has gone exactly the way I thought it would. You can set your watch to some of the copy/paste posters on here 🙄

February 04, 2018, 07:47:49 PM
Reply #41

Ross

Your right . He is boss at shouting and banging his gloves together . No one should be beyond criticism especially when they make the same mistakes over and over . He has cost us at least 5 goals by pushing the ball straight to an opposing player for starters . Yes he makes some decent saves but then so would anyone given the amount of shots he has had at him . Even the slight deflection caught him out yesterday and he didn't even have to shift his feet as it was nearly straight at him . He flapped plenty against Leicester . Maybe he just needs a few decent defenders in front of him but he is far from free of criticism ( to me anyway ) . Good thing is Mangala can only get better ( when someone paints L and R on the correct boot ) so things could be looking up for him .

All goalkeepers costs teams goals its a very unforgiving position, hes also saved us many times at vital points in games that have enabled us to either go on an win matches or prevent us from being over run and hold onto a draw.

Hes young and imperfect but hes talented and committed and if half the squad showed as much desire as him wed not be such piss weak team that rolls over when the opposition turn up the volume. Hes one of the few success weve had recruitment wise for a while I really cant see the point in bashing him right now while the rest are so poor.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

February 04, 2018, 07:51:11 PM
Reply #42

blue slug

Pickford is great signing, any keeper on the planet would concede loads with the shit in front of him and the wanky tactics Sam seems to use

February 04, 2018, 07:57:17 PM
Reply #43

Rodenplav64

All goalkeepers costs teams goals it’s a very unforgiving position, he’s also saved us many times at vital points in games that have enabled us to either go on an win matches or prevent us from being over run and hold onto a draw.

He’s young and imperfect but he’s talented and committed and if half the squad showed as much desire as him we’d not be such piss weak team that rolls over when the opposition turn up the volume. He’s one of the few success we’ve had recruitment wise for a while I really can’t see the point in bashing him right now while the rest are so poor.

Lucky its just on a forum and I am not stood behind him eh . It is an opinion , not a wind up , an opinion based on what I have seen . I did concede the argument about the defence and the quality of our signings and yes he is young but I also think we paid an absolute fortune for him . He has had good and bad games but on what I have seen he is about the 10th best in the Prem which is why I would sell him if it were anymore than lazy journalism .

February 04, 2018, 08:09:28 PM
Reply #44

KoemansNumberTens

Tell you what's frightening with him and Keane. How much would we have had to pay for them if we didn't have the selling clubs over a barrel

30m from a relegated almost bankrupt Sunderland. 30m for a player in his last year of his contracts (for Keane) suggests maybe they'd have been 50m a piece under different circumstances.