February 23, 2018, 11:03:18 PM

Author Topic: Man Utd target £50m Everton ace  (Read 3417 times)

February 04, 2018, 11:18:19 PM
Reply #60

Rodenplav64

Hope you stick around and learn a little about football, maybe watch more matches and try and get to grips with it a bit more too.  It's not a complex sport but does require a little brain power to learn what's what.

Any questions just let us know and we'll do our best to explain it in terms you'll understand

I was probably watching football when you were a slow swimming sperm . But feel free to enlighten me and I will attempt to absorb your superior knowledge . Use his stats as a starting point if you want .

February 04, 2018, 11:21:35 PM
Reply #61

blue slug

I wouldn’t mind selling him for 50m if we had Butland lined up as a replacement for 30m

February 04, 2018, 11:23:58 PM
Reply #62

TheTone

The sad thing is that I wouldn't be surprised at all if he was the next big money sale by the club

February 04, 2018, 11:46:29 PM
Reply #63

KoemansNumberTens

Going off your past comments you don't like anyone who plays for Everton tho.

There's a difference between not rating, over rating and then just thinking everyone is and I quote you here "shite"

I don't like most of them that's true. Baines used to be great. As did jagielka. Coleman I like. I like lookman too though he's obviously not ready. Like Niasse for his effort but he's really not good enough. Love gueye though even he's been crap this season.

I actually think my opinions are more in line with non Everton fans. I also don't have the intense hatred for the likes of williams allardyce Martina. All not very good at least at the minute but then no one really is

I do accept I probably throw the word crap round too easily. I tend to mean it in terms of what the player cost us or against the level others see them at. Sigurdsson obviously isn't crap. He's just massively overpriced.

In terms of becoming a good team how many of our players would you genuinely be gutted to lose. Not many I'd imagine. There's really not many to like at the moment

February 04, 2018, 11:47:44 PM
Reply #64

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber

February 04, 2018, 11:55:22 PM
Reply #65

Martip

He's young yes and may well go on to be a fantastic player but i 've seen nothing YET to justify how highly rated he is by some of our fans.

Truth is SO FAR he's not a massive upgrade on Robles although will hopefully be a better bet long term.

February 05, 2018, 12:27:01 AM
Reply #66

ajax_andy

I was probably watching football when you were a slow swimming sperm . But feel free to enlighten me and I will attempt to absorb your superior knowledge . Use his stats as a starting point if you want .

If you are only looking at the stats to form an argument it's clear that no matter how long you've been watching football for you don't understand it

February 05, 2018, 12:29:12 AM
Reply #67

Mayor Farnum

I'm sure Pickford hopes it's not true.

February 05, 2018, 01:25:07 AM
Reply #68

Rodenplav64

If you are only looking at the stats to form an argument it's clear that no matter how long you've been watching football for you don't understand it

A failure to enlighten . Maybe you are a visionary . You can see beyond all the goals that fly past him and I question how good he is . That's all it boils down to . But I think I know enough to know that if the ball keeps flying past you and your team keeps getting beat , 4-0 , 5-1 , 4-0 .......... and you have let in nearly 100 goals in your short career you might need a bit more practice . He needs to improve massively to me to justify his price tag and reputation . That sounds fair enough to me .

February 05, 2018, 01:28:52 AM
Reply #69

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
A failure to enlighten . Maybe you are a visionary . You can see beyond all the goals that fly past him and I question how good he is . That's all it boils down to . But I think I know enough to know that if the ball keeps flying past you and your team keeps getting beat , 4-0 , 5-1 , 4-0 .......... and you have let in nearly 100 goals in your short career you might need a bit more practice . He needs to improve massively to me to justify his price tag and reputation . That sounds fair enough to me .
That's so black and white tho,and goals conceded to keeper quality isn't

What about the fact that teams cut us open at will?

Who is the best keeper in the world?
Lets say de gea

I bet if I was 8 yards out I'd score past him one in two

Does that make him shite?

Simply simply lovely

February 05, 2018, 01:32:20 AM
Reply #70

ajax_andy

Attributing goals conceded only to the keeper is frankly laughable, no team would pay tens of millions on defenders if that were true.  He's been culpable for some goals for sure, but to say he's shite based on goals conceded stats is ridiculous.

I'm sure you actually know that though and are just being deliberately OTT to try and prove a point

February 05, 2018, 01:44:32 AM
Reply #71

Rodenplav64

Attributing goals conceded only to the keeper is frankly laughable, no team would pay tens of millions on defenders if that were true.  He's been culpable for some goals for sure, but to say he's shite based on goals conceded stats is ridiculous.

I'm sure you actually know that though and are just being deliberately OTT to try and prove a point

That would make a bit of sense if he was getting beat from 8 yards but he is getting beaten all ends up . I am not trying to prove a point as I am clearly in a minority although I do have a habit of exaggerating ( I am far from alone there though ). I have said I agree about the defence but I think it is you and a few others who are failing to admit he is over priced and over rated on the evidence so far . I haven't said he was solely to blame or called him shit  either ( I think )  but not so long ago both Howard and Robles were solely to blame as they were playing in front of the best defence we have had in years . Guess we haven't solved either issue . De Gea has also had some pretty average defenders in front of him for a couple of seasons but then again he is top quality and maybe Pickford might be who knows . The next De Gea or the next Rob Green ? Like someone said he is only 23 and he didn't set his own price tag .

February 05, 2018, 02:00:25 AM
Reply #72

eyesalwaysblue

The honey monster would have struggled to stop owt last night...
I still despise Clive Thomas..

February 05, 2018, 02:04:38 AM
Reply #73

Ari

If something good will happen to us as Evertonians in the next five years (Bramley-More Dock and all) he is the only player I am sure I'd like to see with us in five years time.

February 05, 2018, 02:38:04 AM
Reply #74

Macca77

Comparing Pickford to Rob Green just proves how clueless some of our fans are