February 22, 2018, 03:06:33 PM

Author Topic: Man Utd target £50m Everton ace  (Read 3364 times)

February 05, 2018, 01:08:37 PM
Reply #90

bigl1cks

Fuck me, does the world of football realise this? You better get a memo sent out, stat!

Do you honestly think that if there were concerns over his height he'd be anywhere near the level of football he's playing?

You really are a daft fuck aren't you. Offer something uselful instead of trying too hard at being the class clown.

If you re-read my post I offer my opinion. Please answer my original point.
anything but long ball!

February 05, 2018, 01:22:28 PM
Reply #91

Jamokachi

Please answer my original point.

I'll give it a go... but it's a truly horrible shout. You see, the main criteria for a top keeper is not simply height, it's agility. Now the two combined can be a truly wonderful thing (de Gea), but it's certainly not the be all and end all. In fact it could be argued that by being taller Jordan Pickford would be heavier than he is, and if that is the case it's going to require a damn site more energy and strength to re position himself in the case of a deflection (Robles being a prime example). That's physics.

Now, to truly piss all over your parade... How tall do you think Neville Southall is? Bearing in mind that he's one of the greatest 'keepers to have ever played the game. I'll give you a hint... it's the same as JP.

February 05, 2018, 02:27:09 PM
Reply #92

Trowel

If he'd been 8 foot tall and born with a few extra arms he would have kept the score down to 3 or 4.

Don't know what his parents were thinking.
www.footballitk.com | Football news from those In The Know

Latest Everton transfer news

February 05, 2018, 02:44:04 PM
Reply #93

Cereal Killer

Fuck sake, he's shit cos he's let in lots of goals? Anyone can use a randomly selected stat.....

How about he's the third best keeper in the league because he's saved the third most shots?

https://www.premierleague.com/stats/top/players/saves

Or last year he was 5th best in the league??

https://themastermindsite.com/2017/05/22/the-5-best-worst-goalkeepers-of-the-2016-17-premier-league-season-by-saves-per-goal/
« Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 02:47:48 PM by Cereal Killer »

February 05, 2018, 03:21:26 PM
Reply #94

Rodenplav64

Then stop moaning about people's responses.

You've made a ridiculously outlandish comment about a player who has clearly been one of our better performers this season, has been courted by many top teams, has long been earmarked as one of the best young players in the country, and has been selected ahead of his more experienced peers for the national side.

The fact you felt the need to go to such ridiculous lengths to highlight your opinion suggests it's nothing more than hyperbole. Yes he's conceded goals, yes he's playing behind a terribly inconsistent defence. But he's doing that and still proving to be a top keeper who's only going to get better. He's made some wonderful saves this year, but like everyone else has made a few errors. Which is to be expected of a young player.

The single biggest compliment I can bestow is that I never go into a game concerned about a fuck up that he's going to make, as I did in Howard's latter days and every single fucking time Robles took (takes) to the field. And I'd imagine 99% of people that watch football (and not only Everton) feel the same. 

Listen Dickhead , I am not trying to convince anyone I am right like you are it is my opinion and I don't care if you or anyone else agrees with it . Over and out .

February 05, 2018, 03:48:56 PM
Reply #95

ajax_andy

He's too small in my opinion. That deflected goal on Saturday is case in point, if he is even a little bit taller it's an easy save.

Nope! It's a fast paced deflected shot that completely wrong footed the keeper... He did brilliantly to even nearly save it.

The goal had nothing to do with his height, it was only because of his agility he got close to saving it.

A taller keeper wouldn't have necessarily made an easy save as they'd need his agility too, so unless it's Lloris it's still going in

February 05, 2018, 04:30:32 PM
Reply #96

Jamokachi

Listen Dickhead , I am not trying to convince anyone I am right like you are it is my opinion and I don't care if you or anyone else agrees with it . Over and out .

Haha, I enjoy your little tantrums so much. Bless.

February 05, 2018, 05:32:29 PM
Reply #97

Rodenplav64

Haha, I enjoy your little tantrums so much. Bless.

Your welcome as ever . None so blind as those who refuse to see .

February 05, 2018, 05:46:42 PM
Reply #98

Ross

He definitely should have done better with that deflected 3rd.

Doesnít mean heís a bad keeper but thatís easily saveable.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

February 05, 2018, 06:17:38 PM
Reply #99

Rodenplav64

He definitely should have done better with that deflected 3rd.

Doesn’t mean he’s a bad keeper but that’s easily saveable.

Stick De Gea and Courtois in goal together and they wouldn't have got near that according to some . He is a promising keeper and he will go to the World Cup ( like Rob Green was and did in 2004 despite conceding a shit load of goals which apparently doesn't matter unless your name is Rob Green ) but I am not convinced yet .

February 05, 2018, 08:00:53 PM
Reply #100

formerKHL

if this is true or has a semblance of truth my main concerns are.....

this is the manu scouting a player through the media at work again......

why does everyone get hung up on a players price ? like ive said I the past anything is only worth what people are willing to pay for them......the rate for pickford has gone up from £30million to £50 million in a year...shows the rate of inflation for footballers in the current claimate...hardly makes him a bad keeper/player because we paid a lot for him.....

finally.......£50/60/70 million....the EFC "negotiators" will fkkit up and let him go for a catalogue fee...ala rooney...and most others we sell on...

February 05, 2018, 08:05:41 PM
Reply #101

Bluedylan

Stick De Gea and Courtois in goal together and they wouldn't have got near that according to some . He is a promising keeper and he will go to the World Cup ( like Rob Green was and did in 2004 despite conceding a shit load of goals which apparently doesn't matter unless your name is Rob Green ) but I am not convinced yet .

What's your profile picture from?
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

February 05, 2018, 08:08:21 PM
Reply #102

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Wouldn't sell him for 100mil.

He's the keeper for the next ten years.

If we were to sell him, the way the market is going and our short term approach to player recruitment would see us forking out over 100mil easily over ten years replacing keepers.

Need to build the team around him.

February 05, 2018, 08:22:27 PM
Reply #103

Rodenplav64

What's your profile picture from?

Ciro Di Marzio from Gomorrah .

February 05, 2018, 08:26:47 PM
Reply #104

Rodenplav64

Wouldn't sell him for 100mil.

He's the keeper for the next ten years.

If we were to sell him, the way the market is going and our short term approach to player recruitment would see us forking out over 100mil easily over ten years replacing keepers.

Need to build the team around him.

Despite my protracted argument I agree with that principle . We have bought into younger players who should be here for years and we have a very good academy set up and side . However , Moshiri seems to have bought a very expensive set of power tools and given them to a fucking footballing Chimp to play with . Somewhere , sometime this will come back and bite us on the arse . We are Everton but never say never Everton .