May 24, 2018, 01:20:17 PM

Author Topic: The people’s parade (or whatever it was called)  (Read 503 times)

February 04, 2018, 04:58:23 PM
Read 503 times

phillyt

Basically the players parking their cars  at Goodison and getting “welcomed” by the fans. Is this still not being done? I know koeman stopped it but do the players still get the coach from finch farm?

The reason I ask is that since that’s stopped most of the players have stopped giving a shit. I know it was for the kids really but when it comes to a chance to meet your favourite player most of us either regress to childlike status or drag our unwilling offspring to meet our heroes.

I’m not thinking of an aggressive confrontation but if the players arrived at Goodison to a little bit of ego stroking hero worship could it help reignite the fan/player relationship?  Would that create some pride in the team and the club.

I know it’s only a little thing to change and there are far bigger problems at the club but we debate those week in week out.
I'm fat, but it's not my fault I have a genetic condition resulting in me retaining burgers.

February 04, 2018, 06:33:43 PM
Reply #1

Ravardo

Imagine all those happy people trying to contain themselves as schniederlin bowls past......o would you like me to sign that for you no it's your p45 ya mug

February 04, 2018, 06:57:28 PM
Reply #2

phillyt

Imagine all those happy people trying to contain themselves as schniederlin bowls past......o would you like me to sign that for you no it's your p45 ya mug
this is what it would be like based on yesterday. Maybe re-introduce it after a couple of less embarrassing results. Thinking about it there seems to have been far less player engagement events this year. (I could just be not noticing them because I’ve been distracted)
I'm fat, but it's not my fault I have a genetic condition resulting in me retaining burgers.

February 04, 2018, 07:13:31 PM
Reply #3

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
They’re still there after the game aren’t they?

February 04, 2018, 07:28:12 PM
Reply #4

Alanvideo

...............only if we win. If we lose they get smuggled out disguised in steward's gear and false beards    :Howard:
We are special ,we are Everton.

February 04, 2018, 07:42:04 PM
Reply #5

phillyt

I know that was the intention but didn’t know if that had worked out. Some videos of them being herded onto the coach after the games too.