November 14, 2018, 06:02:05 PM

Author Topic: Starting not to care anymore...........  (Read 7955 times)

February 06, 2018, 11:02:48 PM
Reply #30

Mayor Farnum

I still care about Everton and I still love match days and keeping an eye on what goes on in here. However, or current plight has removed any joy I may get from other teams good or bad results because we are so poor ourselves. I don't engage in banter with mates who support other clubs because we are defenseless(in more ways that one).
It is that aspect of being a football fan that I am losing interest in.

February 06, 2018, 11:13:19 PM
Reply #31

KoemansNumberTens

Think we all still care. We all want us to do well.

There is zero entertainment though and in the main it's been that way under 3 managers in a row
It's also kind of without any real hope too. I don't think it's outlandish to say I might never see Everton win another trophy (I'm 38) the way football has gone means they'll be plenty of previously big clubs who don't win anything for 50 or even 100 years as the super rich teams take all the prizes season after season

For me the real issue isn't that we are shit. We've all seen worse Everton teams. It's that we piss away chance after chance. We seem to build teams of cowards and losers who don't have the fight. We rarely look better than the sum of the parts

Of course we care but Everton are a source of endless disappointment and frustration

February 06, 2018, 11:18:07 PM
Reply #32

KoemansNumberTens

I can force myself not to watch because of the bile and anger I feel over Allardyce, but I can't make myself not care, even temporarily.  This is OUR FUCKING CLUB, and we have to get it back.  NSNO, now, always, and forever.

Why allardyce? I get that people don't like him but this shit has been going on for fucking decades. Martinez was a lunatic. Koeman appeared not to give a fuck. Even under Moyes when we were relatively good we were cowardly in the big games

Our Derby record is a disgrace and has been for an age. This shit is ingrained in Everton it's not an allardyce issue

February 06, 2018, 11:20:18 PM
Reply #33

Evertonian in NC

I still care, often more than I'd like to.

It's a bit mean but learning to laugh when we do something really dumb helps take the sting out. Ashley Williams running somebody over in the penalty area for no good reason is funny if you look at it a certain way.

so long as we don't go down (and I feel this is very remote as long as Allardyce is fired as soon as the season ends)
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

February 06, 2018, 11:23:54 PM
Reply #34

Evertonian in NC

Why allardyce? I get that people don't like him but this shit has been going on for fucking decades. Martinez was a lunatic. Koeman appeared not to give a fuck. Even under Moyes when we were relatively good we were cowardly in the big games

Our Derby record is a disgrace and has been for an age. This shit is ingrained in Everton it's not an allardyce issue

The raw hopelessness, marginalization of the one strength we have left (youth), and general hollowing out of our spirit.  All obvious to anyone with a pulse from the outside.  It's one thing to try and fail, it's another to not try and become a laughingstock circus sideshow act.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

February 06, 2018, 11:28:30 PM
Reply #35

KoemansNumberTens

The raw hopelessness, marginalization of the one strength we have left (youth), and general hollowing out of our spirit.  All obvious to anyone with a pulse from the outside.  It's one thing to try and fail, it's another to not try and become a laughingstock circus sideshow act.

We are no worse now than we were under koeman or Martinez. Sacking allardyce won't fix this squad full of losers, boardroom full of lunatics who fuck everything up. 

February 06, 2018, 11:31:13 PM
Reply #36

KoemansNumberTens

That's not be defending allardyce either. Just think our problems run so much deeper than just him. The derby record sums it up. At times there's not been much between the teams that season and still we can't win 1. It's utter cowardice.

Think the only player we've got who's universally liked and isn't past it is Coleman. The whole lot is rotten.

February 06, 2018, 11:34:27 PM
Reply #37

Thornton_19

Everton to me have always been about more than winning and losing. Don't get me wrong I fucking hate losing and I equally love winning.
However Everton will always hold a place in my heart because of what the mean and have meant to previous generations of my family. My Granddad adored Everton to his dying day and I'd be lying to say I don't plan on doing the same.
Evertons example of the field is what I cherish about the club at the moment because there is not much to like on it. I remain hopeful that it will improve soon.
Blind hope is probably what will kill us all.
That being said fuck Alladyce and Up the fucking Toffees.

February 06, 2018, 11:51:47 PM
Reply #38

Evertonian in NC

I agree that our problems run deeper than Allardyce, but he is making it manifestly worse, and sucking the lifeblood out of us like a tick (which is a fair analogy for what he is).

Firing him is no panacea, agreed.  Walsh must go, and it should be a soup-to-nuts makeover in the organization.  Everyone involved needs, at minimum, to make a harsh self-evaluation as to their part in how we got here.

And it will be a long, hard road back.  We need someone that we, and more importantly the squad, can believe in again.

February 06, 2018, 11:55:59 PM
Reply #39

Heisenberg

Felt like this since Martinez mid term. Im mid twenties and have seen us win nothing. I always felt under moyes we was on the verge of doing something good or winning something. Its just all disappointing. I find myself getting angry when things go bad yet when we get some (mildly) good moments it means nothing because we know what happens next. I honestly don't think we will win anything in my lifetime. Crazy to think when my dad was my age he'd seen us win all sorts. All I've got to talk about is a 4th finish

February 07, 2018, 12:04:23 AM
Reply #40

boothill

i dont just think its everton i cant get enthusiastic about, i have been feeling negative towards football for a while now, i dont have any interest in watching other games at all now, the salary's, behaviour and attitude of players, the way clubs treat their fans. Sky sports witch hunt of the chelsea manager over the last couple of weeks has been a disgrace, they are pushing and pushing to get this man sacked. i would love sky to go bust. And to top it all, the appointment of allardyce as basically killed any passion i had left, off. Do any of you still feel "part" of it ?

February 07, 2018, 12:07:00 AM
Reply #41

Optimistic Blue

I agree, though i think the current state of football in general is more to blame than Everton themselves.
you cant take the right out of Kenwright

February 07, 2018, 12:09:00 AM
Reply #42

Bwana

I do still care, probably more than I did when things were temporarily rosy. However, I'm not forcing myself to watch the games anymore this season. This is mainly because seeing us being humiliated time after time makes me an angry and intolerable person, and I do have 9 & 5 year old daughters in the household. I don't want to be an irritated cunt in front of them every weekend.

So I'm still watching the matches live if I don't have anything more important to do, like for example attending tea parties for Barbie dolls... Definitely still constantly checking the highlights/various youtube channels after each match though.
Well there may be no score, but there's certainly no lack of excitement here. As you can see, Nietzsche has just been booked for arguing with the referee. He accused Confucius of having no free will, and Confucius he say, "Name go in book". And this is Nietzsche's third booking in four games.

February 07, 2018, 12:15:13 AM
Reply #43

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
We are no worse now than we were under koeman or Martinez. Sacking allardyce won't fix this squad full of losers, boardroom full of lunatics who fuck everything up. 

Frankly I agree. Need to make some real core changes to the way we make decision, not just continue to hire and fire shite managers.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

February 07, 2018, 12:51:32 AM
Reply #44

Tofifee

I agree that the main problem is the game itself.
Sh*t players getting ridiculous money. Everton spending 27m on a striker none of us had heard of and then dropping him.
Our summer which was full of enthusiasm and joy, We loved taking the adulations from the nation about getting our business done early, being an example of how it should be done et cet cetc
Then, in typical Everton fashion, Sandro is useless, Klassen is useless, Keane is Useless. Thats 60m right there.
Carragher makes a joke about the players we sign and the media and football fans in general mop it up and we become a laugh....
Rooney isnt in the door a wet week and he starts acting the cnut around town drawing more ridicule.
We EVENTUALLY sign Sigi and discover we dont know what to do with him...
We remain a laughing stock

We sack our manager, we spend a month arsing around and eventually settle on SAM FUCKING ALLARDYCE

We go to Anfield, play shite but rescue a draw and it feels like a win. Then we realise it was only a draw and we are celbrating like we won the league.
We go to Anfield in the cup, play well, but then ruin it all and all the good feeling from a month previous when our 30m keeper suffers a brain fart at the worst possible time in the worst possible place.

oh, and our manager, is Sam FUCKING Allardyce

We support a club who people take the piss out of.
We support a club who's sworn enemy see's us as something to ridicule and beat for fun at their place, and a lot of them dont even see us as rivals.
HOW ON EARTH CAN WE NOT WIN IN ANFIELD IN A GENERATION!!
We celebrate draws with them like wins, despite them playing us off the pitch.

We take good players and within a month their touch deserts them and they start to play like league 2 players

We bang on about our history. Villa and Forest have HUGE history, look where it got them.
Its irrelevant. A lad in his 20's now see's Everton in the same light as he see's West Ham, Southampton,Stoke and West Brom.
Leicester are more respectable

We have all had that conversation with a new person, you know the ol " your a scouser, your lot playing Madrid this week" "No, I am a blue" "oh...right".....

This club is embarrassing, its being run like a cheap brothel and players see us as a stepping stone or a retirement home.

And it fucking kills me