November 19, 2018, 10:46:43 AM

Author Topic: Starting not to care anymore...........  (Read 8045 times)

February 06, 2018, 11:13:19 PM
Read 8045 times

KoemansNumberTens

Think we all still care. We all want us to do well.

There is zero entertainment though and in the main it's been that way under 3 managers in a row
It's also kind of without any real hope too. I don't think it's outlandish to say I might never see Everton win another trophy (I'm 38) the way football has gone means they'll be plenty of previously big clubs who don't win anything for 50 or even 100 years as the super rich teams take all the prizes season after season

For me the real issue isn't that we are shit. We've all seen worse Everton teams. It's that we piss away chance after chance. We seem to build teams of cowards and losers who don't have the fight. We rarely look better than the sum of the parts

Of course we care but Everton are a source of endless disappointment and frustration

February 06, 2018, 11:18:07 PM
Reply #1

KoemansNumberTens

I can force myself not to watch because of the bile and anger I feel over Allardyce, but I can't make myself not care, even temporarily.  This is OUR FUCKING CLUB, and we have to get it back.  NSNO, now, always, and forever.

Why allardyce? I get that people don't like him but this shit has been going on for fucking decades. Martinez was a lunatic. Koeman appeared not to give a fuck. Even under Moyes when we were relatively good we were cowardly in the big games

Our Derby record is a disgrace and has been for an age. This shit is ingrained in Everton it's not an allardyce issue

February 06, 2018, 11:28:30 PM
Reply #2

KoemansNumberTens

The raw hopelessness, marginalization of the one strength we have left (youth), and general hollowing out of our spirit.  All obvious to anyone with a pulse from the outside.  It's one thing to try and fail, it's another to not try and become a laughingstock circus sideshow act.

We are no worse now than we were under koeman or Martinez. Sacking allardyce won't fix this squad full of losers, boardroom full of lunatics who fuck everything up. 

February 06, 2018, 11:31:13 PM
Reply #3

KoemansNumberTens

That's not be defending allardyce either. Just think our problems run so much deeper than just him. The derby record sums it up. At times there's not been much between the teams that season and still we can't win 1. It's utter cowardice.

Think the only player we've got who's universally liked and isn't past it is Coleman. The whole lot is rotten.

May 03, 2018, 04:27:58 PM
Reply #4

KoemansNumberTens

Itís been depressing being an Everton fan for about 20 years now. The only time itís not us when we have false dawns or opportunities we then go on to waste

May 04, 2018, 02:05:05 AM
Reply #5

KoemansNumberTens

I donít think this is the worst. We are a reasonably decent side (outside of the actually good top 5 and arsenal) we still have money so at least thereís hope if we start getting some football decisions right

The almost getting relegated twice was worse. We were shit and we had very little hope of it changing. Also pissing away kings dock was worse. That was very final. We are still in a decent position we just have to start getting something right

May 04, 2018, 02:43:59 AM
Reply #6

KoemansNumberTens

Yeah now is dispiriting because weíve not made the most of having a bit more money etc.

But itís infinitely better than being in the bottom 6 every season.

Boring is better than potential disaster.

Still hope. Money to spend. New stadium. Potentially new manager. New DOF (for them that want them)
We arenít in a bad position. I think weíve just pissed away so many chances in recent history that starting this opportunity so poorly makes people worry we are at it again

May 16, 2018, 02:02:35 AM
Reply #7

KoemansNumberTens

Eh? You've spent the whole season telling us the whole squad is "a bit shit".

They are in terms of being top 6. We don't have anything at that level. We aren't bad like Walter Smith's Everton were bad

I think our biggest issue is everyone is quite good but not good enough. We actually don't have anyone to begin building a top 6 side around.