August 15, 2018, 08:58:04 AM

Author Topic: Starting not to care anymore...........  (Read 6763 times)

February 07, 2018, 06:32:15 PM
Reply #75

Evertonian in NC

I never thought I would be more excited for any other sporting event other than Everton.

Lots to build for though. Others have come back from the depths thereís no reason we canít either.

Of course, going back to "larger problem with footy in general" - the NFL is the closest you get in meritocracy in professional sport, with the major European footy leagues more like an extreme version of MLB (in American analogies).  Sacrificing overall product quality to make marketing simpler (i.e., the "superteams") instead.  I absolutely hate that, especially how top to bottom competitiveness is always what made the EPL so special to me.  Certainly gotten way worse since Leicester's miracle run.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

February 07, 2018, 07:58:24 PM
Reply #76

Simon Paul

Administrator
The lad that sits next to me hasnít been for the last two games.

yep, lad that sits by me has basically given his season ticket up for the rest of this season

February 07, 2018, 07:58:49 PM
Reply #77

Alanvideo

I've noticed a few empty seats at the ground though which suggests a lot of ST holders can't be arsed.
................yes that's true. On the other hand the Upper Visitors has been sold to home fans quite a lot this season and always sells out. Must be a decent view !
We are special ,we are Everton.

February 07, 2018, 08:29:13 PM
Reply #78

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
yep, lad that sits by me has basically given his season ticket up for the rest of this season

One of the lads that goes with us has said he canít be arsed until Sam is out
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

February 07, 2018, 08:48:28 PM
Reply #79

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah, lads by me have jibbed it off as well.

February 07, 2018, 10:57:18 PM
Reply #80

Everton Mint

The apathy is now a serious reality after 22 years without a trophy.

Moyes did a great job in restoring pride and on a budget, but since its been more big promises and even bigger disappointments.

I still care but I have a bad feeling that fans cant go on like this much longer. The players too are looking the same way... sick of failure.

We need Moshiri to invest big time in the team and manager... world class players, not £25m ones no-one has heard of.

If not, sooner rather than later, we will crash out of the Pl.

February 08, 2018, 01:40:57 AM
Reply #81

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber

I'm only going Saturday and whoever we've got March 10th because my brother can't be arsed and i claimed his ticket before he stubhubbed them.
Cordiali saluti, motherfuckers.

February 08, 2018, 03:14:47 AM
Reply #82

indiantoffee1975

Live and breath Everton, will always bleed blue. My frustrations are more around how such a large scale business can get very fews decisions, if any, right over the decades. So many disasters, one after another. You want to just see one big decision turn positive and the club showing signs of progression.

2 years under Moshiri, I think the test is around the corner (6-12 months) which way we go will be defining. One way or another, we will know.

Over recent years, watching lower league sides really epitomises what football is about, passion, desire, players putting in full blooded tackles and commitment and effort shown. Something which hasn't been seen at out club and perhaps the PL in general for a while now.

« Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 03:16:56 AM by indiantoffee1975 »

May 03, 2018, 04:15:24 PM
Reply #83

Tofifee

Literally never been lower as a blue

ever

:-[ :-[

May 03, 2018, 04:17:32 PM
Reply #84

themilkycoffees

Have to agree to be honest. Would feel a lot better if the club would make a statement thanking Sam for his services but he won't be required beyond the last game of the season.

May 03, 2018, 04:27:29 PM
Reply #85

Macca77

I'm not depressed your depressed

:hmph:

May 03, 2018, 04:27:58 PM
Reply #86

KoemansNumberTens

Itís been depressing being an Everton fan for about 20 years now. The only time itís not us when we have false dawns or opportunities we then go on to waste

May 03, 2018, 04:31:56 PM
Reply #87

Macca77

Get a grip of yourselves, things have been far far worse than this, we were nearly relegated twice remember

May 03, 2018, 04:32:06 PM
Reply #88

themilkycoffees

Itís been depressing being an Everton fan for about 20 years now. The only time itís not us when we have false dawns or opportunities we then go on to waste

I'm 24 and we've been shite all of my life.

May 03, 2018, 05:41:38 PM
Reply #89

Bluedylan

Overreaction much?

Yeah it's not amazing, and them lot doing so well makes it much worse, but still....bit of perspective. We're gonna be 8th.

Keeping Allardyce though might push me over the edge. The only thing that's kept me going is the promise of a fresh start in the summer.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.