October 24, 2018, 05:19:13 AM

Author Topic: [News]Preparations hampered by Allardyce's thoughtless comments  (Read 4426 times)

February 07, 2018, 07:57:32 PM
Read 4426 times

Everton News

Preparations hampered by Allardyce's thoughtless comments

Everton boss Sam Allardyce has said that this season is a write off and that the club need to look to next season once Premier League survival is assured.

Source: Preparations hampered by Allardyce's thoughtless comments

February 07, 2018, 08:23:02 PM
Reply #1

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Preparations hampered by Allardyce's thoughtless comments

Everton boss Sam Allardyce has said that this season is a write off and that the club need to look to next season once Premier League survival is assured.

Source: Preparations hampered by Allardyce's thoughtless comments

That should be a sackable offence for a highly paid manager to throw the towel in , donít see why the club canít at least fine him a months wages.

February 07, 2018, 08:42:34 PM
Reply #2

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
Imagine the fume if a player come out and said this.
Players get slated for not putting effort in on some of the dead rubber games on the last day of the season, surely this is worse.
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

February 07, 2018, 09:00:53 PM
Reply #3

blue slug

Sends out completely the wrong signal, doesnít give a shit attitude will or has probably rubbed off on the players

February 07, 2018, 09:09:18 PM
Reply #4

Robioto

It's not a complete write off if we can still finish 7th and get in to europe, which is very possible with our remining fixtures and the fact it's only 5 points off. That's what we should be pushing for in the last 12 games.

But regardless of whether it is a write off or not the manager should NEVER be saying that, ever. It's completely inexcusable the bloke is a class A bellend. It's such poor management, it gives the players the excuse to not try as much (if that's even possible in some cases), it's not just poor management in football it's poor management full stop. If my manager at work was that defeatist I would be fuming, thankfully he isn't, he's the complete opposite.

The bottom line, Allardyce is incompetent and has to be the worst appointment we've made in many, many years. If he's still here at the start of next season I will be livid.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2018, 09:16:35 PM by Robioto »

February 07, 2018, 09:13:58 PM
Reply #5

Ross

Incredible to think heís said this while thereís still just under a third of the season to go, 36 points up for grabs, and weíre only 5 points behind Burnley who currently sit in the last likely European qualifying position in the league, and weíve still got to play them again as well as other very favourable matches.

Honestly we know heís been given free reign, like the last twat, to do and say as he likes but his soundbites and media musings have been nothing short of scandalous. Itís as if heís deliberately antagonising the fans and players at times and nobody either at the club, associated with us the media or in the press are actually prepared to pull him up on it.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

February 07, 2018, 09:16:53 PM
Reply #6

Evertonian in NC

perhaps he wants to get the sack - or more likely, just wave his fat white arse at everyone and show everyone how immune he is from it.

Sad days.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

February 07, 2018, 09:19:21 PM
Reply #7

Robioto

perhaps he wants to get the sack

I think this is possible, it's a major flaw with manager contracts in football these days. I'm pretty sure Conte is doing the same at Chelsea, he's had enough, his passion is gone, he's almost unrecognisable from last season - but he won't walk as he's waiting for his pay off before walking into another lurcrative job somewhere else.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2018, 09:21:45 PM by Robioto »

February 07, 2018, 09:20:36 PM
Reply #8

Cereal Killer

He's got a bet on with Steve Walsh for how much shit they can spout and things they can do before anyone even tries to speak to them about it from the club.

Walsh's effort this week was a link to kung-fu kicking bellend Patrice Evra as a potential signing, so this is Sams response

Wonder what soul destroying crap they'll come up with next whilst no one bothers to utter a word to them

February 07, 2018, 09:22:55 PM
Reply #9

Bob Sacamano

February 07, 2018, 09:27:04 PM
Reply #10

Evertonian in NC

And THIS is why the media were behind the hire - not because it was in any way good for Everton, but rather because it was good for easy copy.  Every sportswriter loves a freakshow, Sam is their equivalent of a 12-car crash with blood everywhere for the local evening news.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

February 07, 2018, 09:27:22 PM
Reply #11

Waltzer

If this season is such a write off why does he persist in giving the players who've made this season a write off more game time? Surely this would be the ideal opportunity to give Klassen, Sandro, Tosun, Lookman, Vlasic the game time they need to try to get them up to speed rather than banish some of them and get rid of the rest on loan. It must be demoralising knowing the team is litter and you're not even getting a look in, what is their incentive?
Also, If the season is a write off why not try to give something back to the fans who've wasted their hard earned money watching this shower with attractive free flowing football, not just parking the bus and not shooting.

February 07, 2018, 09:30:45 PM
Reply #12

Lxxx

I think he's realised no-one really wants him or his team there so he's not aiming for anything higher than his survival bonus and he'll part company in the summer with a big payoff.
He is also just reverting to type which is a minimal risk manager who enjoys lowering expectations.

Still, good job Moshiri read his autobiography before he appointed him hey. We have complete fuckin idiots at every level in the club now and it's sad to see.

February 07, 2018, 09:39:45 PM
Reply #13

Evertonian in NC

I think he's realised no-one really wants him or his team there so he's not aiming for anything higher than his survival bonus and he'll part company in the summer with a big payoff.
He is also just reverting to type which is a minimal risk manager who enjoys lowering expectations.

Still, good job Moshiri read his autobiography before he appointed him hey. We have complete fuckin idiots at every level in the club now and it's sad to see.

Nothing like seeing your club have its pants pulled down in public like that, eh?  What a fucking charlatan.

February 07, 2018, 10:08:04 PM
Reply #14

Waltzer

Nothing like seeing your club have its pants pulled down in public like that, eh?  What a fucking charlatan.

I dont think anyone pulled our pants down, we did it to ourselves knowing full well what was about to happen, thats the worst bit for me!!