June 21, 2018, 08:06:13 AM

Author Topic: Tom Davies - First Name on the Teamsheet  (Read 5264 times)

February 19, 2018, 12:30:55 AM
Reply #75

sam of the south

I love Kenny.

Such a lad.
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

February 19, 2018, 05:49:35 PM
Reply #76

Lxxx

Looks like DCL is starting to fill out finally. He needed another stone of beef to fill out his frame, next season he might be closer to what we need. 

February 20, 2018, 02:40:37 AM
Reply #77

Hesmenos

http://www.football-observatory.com/?lang=en

Tom Davies is rated as the 7th most promising u20 player in Europe.

February 20, 2018, 02:54:58 AM
Reply #78

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Looks like DCL is starting to fill out finally. He needed another stone of beef to fill out his frame, next season he might be closer to what we need. 

Donít think heíll ever be a proper big man 9, so considering that heís done brilliantly at times this year in that role.

See him as more of a mobile, dare I say, firmino type - mobile, linking up and creating for others while getting a few.

Just my pure blag opinion like, probably miles off.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

February 20, 2018, 04:54:03 AM
Reply #79

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Donít think heíll ever be a proper big man 9, so considering that heís done brilliantly at times this year in that role.

See him as more of a mobile, dare I say, firmino type - mobile, linking up and creating for others while getting a few.

Just my pure blag opinion like, probably miles off.

Doesn't offer enough infront of goal go ever be a number 9 IMO. Maybe it's something he could develop overtime but I think it's something you have or you don't. Maybe having someone like Walcott could help him with that though.

Think he can still become a very good player though in a kind of Danny Wellbeck mode. Tall, fast, powerful striker who'll never get you more than 12 goals a season, but will offer a lot in other aspects of the game.

He's already improved massively from the player who broke into the team a year ago.

As for Davies, he's the business. Got everything you need as a midfielder in the modern game.

Looks like the lads are making the most of this Dubai trip as well. Holgate getting on some model in the clubs and that.

Is right the lads.

February 20, 2018, 05:18:34 AM
Reply #80

stirlingblue

February 20, 2018, 04:00:29 PM
Reply #81

GrantyBoy78

February 20, 2018, 04:32:24 PM
Reply #82

Lxxx

And he'll have the same hairstyle all his career.

February 20, 2018, 07:43:33 PM
Reply #83

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Doesn't offer enough infront of goal go ever be a number 9 IMO. Maybe it's something he could develop overtime but I think it's something you have or you don't. Maybe having someone like Walcott could help him with that though.

Think he can still become a very good player though in a kind of Danny Wellbeck mode. Tall, fast, powerful striker who'll never get you more than 12 goals a season, but will offer a lot in other aspects of the game.

He's already improved massively from the player who broke into the team a year ago.

As for Davies, he's the business. Got everything you need as a midfielder in the modern game.

Looks like the lads are making the most of this Dubai trip as well. Holgate getting on some model in the clubs and that.

Is right the lads.

Agree re: DCL

Davies just missing pace / power / dribbling. Doesnít look an athlete which is a shame given his mentality.

Agree re: holgate smashing worldies.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

February 21, 2018, 12:22:24 AM
Reply #84

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Oh and he canít shoot

February 21, 2018, 04:24:32 AM
Reply #85

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Where this holgate stuff at?

February 21, 2018, 04:29:21 AM
Reply #86

Paddockoldie

Think DCL is more Sharp than a Lukaku. He's more mobile and can control a high ball better  (most of the time)

February 21, 2018, 02:40:32 PM
Reply #87

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Think DCL is more Sharp than a Lukaku. He's more mobile and can control a high ball better  (most of the time)

But about one hundredth as deadly in front of goal.

DCL doesnít even seem to even really make an effort to go for goal with runs etc.

Iíve also never ever seen him strike a ball cleanly. Even when players like Kane and lukaku are young or out of form, they can strike through a ball cleanly.