October 21, 2018, 06:06:41 AM

Author Topic: Tom Davies - First Name on the Teamsheet  (Read 6357 times)

February 08, 2018, 01:54:57 PM
Reply #15

Bob Sacamano

This thread is going to give Thomas a brain aneurysm.

February 08, 2018, 02:04:21 PM
Reply #16

Macca77

Always rated him, his quality on the ball is great, gets stuck in and will get better, that said, the boo boys are already giving him the treatment, what is it with our fans and local homegrown players, why are they singled out for more abuse that others.

If he played for one of the "Sky top 6" he would have quite a few England caps by now
« Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 02:05:37 PM by Macca77 »

February 08, 2018, 03:01:29 PM
Reply #17

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Very enjoyable player to watch. When heís having an off day it can be frustrating because he can be dominated, but thatís the middle of the pitch in the prem.

A team thatís missing forward motion and vertical passing as much as we have been this year really canít afford to leave him out.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

February 08, 2018, 03:05:12 PM
Reply #18

Toffee1

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/2018/02/07/tom-davies

I'd have him in the team all the time because he tries and shows a bit of fight. He can be frustrating when things he tries don't work but at least he has a go, when others shy away.

February 08, 2018, 03:05:23 PM
Reply #19

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
My issue with him is when he gives the ball away trying simple things
Ive never had any issue with a player trying to make things happen
He was always gonna have an issue with form, he is a young lad
Like I said a couple of games ago, even when he isn't at his best I wouldn't take him off as we look far better with him on the pitch than without him
Simply simply lovely

February 08, 2018, 03:58:45 PM
Reply #20

Lxxx

He's more intelligent than most players at his age. When he plays with Rooney and Rooney drops deep to get the ball Schneiderlin would just stand still and let Rooney try and manipulate the ball whereas I notice Davies immediately decides to vacate that area and offer another body ahead of the ball to give us options and vice versa when Rooney bombs on he slots in. If he cost £30m he'd be in the team every week.

He doesn't help himself by doing the simple things poorly at times but he's a kid and he'll learn.

February 08, 2018, 04:37:58 PM
Reply #21

april

Itís great when he plays. Heís Everton.
Toffeegirls Rule.

February 08, 2018, 06:20:29 PM
Reply #22

Bluenose 91

I've been harsh on him in the past to be honest.

While not everything he tries comes off he links that midfield together when he plays, especially when it's with Gana and Rooney.

He actually gets beyond the striker from deep as well which gives us so much more in attack.

February 08, 2018, 06:49:10 PM
Reply #23

Evertonian in NC

He's more intelligent than most players at his age. When he plays with Rooney and Rooney drops deep to get the ball Schneiderlin would just stand still and let Rooney try and manipulate the ball whereas I notice Davies immediately decides to vacate that area and offer another body ahead of the ball to give us options and vice versa when Rooney bombs on he slots in. If he cost £30m he'd be in the team every week.

He doesn't help himself by doing the simple things poorly at times but he's a kid and he'll learn.

You can't put a price on football intelligence like that.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

February 08, 2018, 06:50:34 PM
Reply #24

dazfrancis

Tom Davies makes the whole greater than the sum of it's parts. Lot's of managers seem to ignore this.

We saw the same when Baines, Pienaar and Osman all played in the same team. All intelligent, technical footballers who knew each other's games inside out. When they played together they were 2 or 3 steps ahead of the opposition and ran rings around them but when they never matched that level when the played with other equal and better quality players

February 08, 2018, 06:55:43 PM
Reply #25

Lxxx

But we have a midfielder in Schneiderlin who cost 24 million quid with more experience.

February 08, 2018, 07:54:40 PM
Reply #26

mikey_blue

I'd rather be frustrated by Davies trying to pull something progressive off than be frustrated by Schneiderlin being a shit bag.

February 09, 2018, 08:47:31 AM
Reply #27

eyesalwaysblue

With the amount of shithouses he's had to play alongside it's a wonder he's progressed as far as he has..How shniderlin would ever be on a team sheet while Tom Davies is fit is a total fuckin mystery.
I still despise Clive Thomas..

February 09, 2018, 01:52:50 PM
Reply #28

Dr. Sponge

I'm a big fan of Davies, especially in a midfield 3. He's just suffered from being in a very poor team this season.

I'm not worried about his development stunting, because it's good for young players to take a step back and watch sometimes. But yeah we're a better team with him in it.

February 09, 2018, 02:54:17 PM
Reply #29

Lxxx

With the amount of shithouses he's had to play alongside it's a wonder he's progressed as far as he has..How shniderlin would ever be on a team sheet while Tom Davies is fit is a total fuckin mystery.

24...million...quid.

It goes off how much you cost these days apparently not ability.