September 20, 2018, 02:32:25 PM

Author Topic: Tom Davies - First Name on the Teamsheet  (Read 5911 times)

February 14, 2018, 06:14:55 PM
Reply #45

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Isn't Davies playing that role now though.

He is now. What if he gets injured though or loses form?

"If you believe it will work out, you’ll see opportunities. If you believe it won’t, you will see obstacles." – Wayne Dyer

February 14, 2018, 06:16:23 PM
Reply #46

Lxxx

He is now. What if he gets injured though or loses form?

We have Sig, Rooney, Vlasic and Klaassan in the squad who have all played in the No 10 role in their career and can do so again if need be. It's the one area we don't need to be too worried about personnel until the end of the season.

February 14, 2018, 06:29:47 PM
Reply #47

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
We have Sig, Rooney, Vlasic and Klaassan in the squad who have all played in the No 10 role in their career and can do so again if need be. It's the one area we don't need to be too worried about personnel until the end of the season.

Davies doesn't typically play the number 10 role. That's the point. Klaassen was brought to provide competition with Davies, not the number 10 role. He's just been lumped in with all the other number 10s we have.
"If you believe it will work out, you’ll see opportunities. If you believe it won’t, you will see obstacles." – Wayne Dyer

February 14, 2018, 06:56:58 PM
Reply #48

Lxxx

Davies doesn't typically play the number 10 role. That's the point. Klaassen was brought to provide competition with Davies, not the number 10 role. He's just been lumped in with all the other number 10s we have.

The point being we have enough bodies in the squad to cover another loss of form or injury to Davies.

February 14, 2018, 07:13:52 PM
Reply #49

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
The point being we have enough bodies in the squad to cover another loss of form or injury to Davies.
But we didn’t when we bought Klaassen. He was one of the first in.

February 14, 2018, 07:18:05 PM
Reply #50

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
I'd say Klassen is probably the only number ten we have.

Sigurdsson is better off the left

Rooney better deep

Davies better as an 8

Whereas I dont think Klassen could play anywhere else but number 10 in this league. Obviously the other names mentioned can play the number 10 role, but they're all better somewhere else imo

February 14, 2018, 07:20:54 PM
Reply #51

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I'd say Klassen is probably the only number ten we have.

Sigurdsson is better off the left

Rooney better deep

Davies better as an 8

Whereas I dont think Klassen could play anywhere else but number 10 in this league. Obviously the other names mentioned can play the number 10 role, but they're all better somewhere else imo
Always thought Sig would be better centrally. Not seen him there much for us. Am glad he’s showing some better form and results at least.

Rooney definitely better deep but we certainly need an upgrade on him as he is not getting any younger.

I really hope Klaassen is given more of a chance. I feel given the better stability we have now he would have a better chance of establishing himself now.

February 14, 2018, 07:48:53 PM
Reply #52

Dr. Sponge

I know he is Dutch but Klassen doesn't look an outstanding amount of technically gifted. I'd say Rooney and Sigurdson were better in that department. From what  I've seen of him, he links up play well.

February 14, 2018, 08:02:46 PM
Reply #53

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Neither Davies Klaassen or Rooney are 10s anyway.

Sigurdsson is a 10 but nowhere near on the ball enough to play 10 for a big club.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

February 14, 2018, 08:04:11 PM
Reply #54

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I know he is Dutch but Klassen doesn't look an outstanding amount of technically gifted. I'd say Rooney and Sigurdson were better in that department. From what  I've seen of him, he links up play well.

Yeah he’s not technically gifted - closer to a lampard than a Gerrard or Scholes.

Late runs, arriving at the edge of the box, or linking up around the box.

The lads who’ve come through this year de beek and de jong look miles better technically than davvy ever was.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

February 14, 2018, 08:14:43 PM
Reply #55

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
P.s this is all from the internet of course

February 14, 2018, 09:06:19 PM
Reply #56

shylockbusiness

He’s lagged behind this season but then again so hasn’t everyone? At least Tom is attempting those attacking passes and encouraging are attackers to make the right kind of runs. Other players *cough* Schneiderlin are doing nothing creatively and still managing to make a mess out of it.

February 14, 2018, 09:15:12 PM
Reply #57

sam of the south

Yeah he’s not technically gifted - closer to a lampard than a Gerrard or Scholes.

Late runs, arriving at the edge of the box, or linking up around the box.

The lads who’ve come through this year de beek and de jong look miles better technically than davvy ever was.

De Beek luvsh de beak, sho I've heard.

Ik pak mijn xenofobe jas
(I'll get my xenophobic coat)
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

February 14, 2018, 10:35:52 PM
Reply #58

Toddacelli

His intelligence off the ball speaks volumes for his ability to develop. For me - he has the raw materials - he just needs to learn his craft and should be given every opportunity to do so.

As for playing 3 number 10's - can that be done? What formation - 3-3-3-1 ?

Pickford

Holgate Jagielka Mangala

Coleman Gueye Davies

Rooney Klaasen Sigurdsson

Tosun

Not sure what I think of that - don't think I'd like to try it in an important game!

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

February 15, 2018, 02:42:47 AM
Reply #59

Jamokachi

Everton fans have become #10 obsessed.