October 24, 2018, 02:12:54 AM

Author Topic: The race for Europe  (Read 9091 times)

February 11, 2018, 12:31:55 AM
Read 9091 times

Shogun

Administrator
As much as Sam might want to pretend the season is over and his job is done, we're two points off 7th place (assuming Leicester don't beat Man City) with 11 games to go. This is likely to be a European place depending on the FA Cup winner.

Any excuse not to be at least 8th after these fixtures?
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

February 11, 2018, 12:34:52 AM
Reply #1

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
Shows how underrated Eddie Howe is too.

We were 2 positions higher and 10 points better off at the same stage last season.
We were 8 points off 4th at that point, we're 17 now.
Nor sure if the top 6 have got better, or the rest have just got worse.

Not sure what that means, but it's good to have a bit of useless info.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2018, 12:44:40 AM by Duncs_a_legend »
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

February 11, 2018, 12:40:53 AM
Reply #2

Shogun

Administrator
Shows how underrated Eddie Howe is too.

We were 2 positions higher and 10 points better off at the same stage last season. Not sure what that means tbh.

The fact we're two points off with a -14 goal difference is bizarre

February 11, 2018, 12:47:45 AM
Reply #3

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
The fact we're two points off with a -14 goal difference is bizarre

Just checked again and we had a 14+ goal difference at the same stage last season  shakeyheadman

"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

February 11, 2018, 12:53:22 AM
Reply #4

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
That's because we don't have a striker and we've been thrashed more times this season than any I can remember.

We'll still be ninth at best after that run above. Leicester and Burnley have easier games than us.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

February 11, 2018, 12:58:21 AM
Reply #5

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
How the fuck are we even thinking about Europe
Simply simply lovely

February 11, 2018, 01:12:34 AM
Reply #6

American Evertonian

How the fuck are we even thinking about Europe

I know it sounds crazy but only 4 of our next 11 games are teams above us and the other 7 are mostly against relegation candidates (granted that's essentially the bottom 8-9 teams with as close as it is).
A ship is safe in the harbor, but that's not what ships are for.

February 11, 2018, 01:35:17 AM
Reply #7

School of Science

Trouble is if we get Europe, ( incredible to even think that after this season ) does that mean Allardyce stays, can we sack him, seriously ?
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

February 11, 2018, 01:37:34 AM
Reply #8

KoemansNumberTens

Trouble is if we get Europe, ( incredible to even think that after this season ) does that mean Allardyce stays, can we sack him, seriously ?

Be a nightmare to sucede and not be able to sack the manager. Worrying times

February 11, 2018, 01:38:56 AM
Reply #9

gizzblue

I know it sounds crazy but only 4 of our next 11 games are teams above us and the other 7 are mostly against relegation candidates (granted that's essentially the bottom 8-9 teams with as close as it is).
Yeah but this end of the season playing the shite can be harder than top six as they are scrabbling for their lives .

February 11, 2018, 01:39:57 AM
Reply #10

Escla

NSNO Subscriber

Ask Ranieri !

February 11, 2018, 01:47:58 AM
Reply #11

School of Science

Ask Ranieri !

Wouldn't mind Ranieri as manager.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

February 11, 2018, 01:49:46 AM
Reply #12

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber

L’pool won the LC and reached FA cup final with Dalglish but still sacked him.

Obviously worry about this “if” it did happen but we’d need to look at how far off top 6; what points would we have got across a whole season; what were performances like vs top 6; what was performance compared to rest of the league from when he took over etc etc.

That’s before you get into is it healthy to have someone who gets booed for making unpopular subs at 3-0 up.

Last season we were a long way in front of 8th so we need to measuring against things like are we we’ll set to easily be the next best team and most likely to break into top 6.

February 11, 2018, 01:51:08 AM
Reply #13

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Just hope to god we don’t qualify for Europe in 7th place and go through that whole shit of starting the season in June again, let’s get this season over with, have a manager in place by June and have a proper pre season.

February 11, 2018, 01:52:42 AM
Reply #14

Shogun

Administrator
I know what you’re saying but not wanting to be in Europe just so we’re in a better position to qualify for it next season seems illogical.