November 17, 2018, 03:58:26 AM

Author Topic: The race for Europe  (Read 9368 times)

February 11, 2018, 01:37:34 AM
Read 9368 times

KoemansNumberTens

Trouble is if we get Europe, ( incredible to even think that after this season ) does that mean Allardyce stays, can we sack him, seriously ?

Be a nightmare to sucede and not be able to sack the manager. Worrying times

February 11, 2018, 08:59:12 PM
Reply #1

KoemansNumberTens

I think Aldardyce is as deluded as a shite supporter.

He really believes his own press, that he is the saviour of teams facing the drop. It will be really interesting to see what happens when we reach "safety" in his eyes. Will he push on and try and secure a 7th (dizzy heights in his world), or will he then start experimenting with youth and untried tactics and end up nearer 17th, (his comfort zone).

In the very very unlikely scenario of him being sacked, how much will that cost? Was he muted to be on 9m for 18 months? So come the summer, when he has 12 months of his contract left, will he be due 6m?

On Walsh, does any one known how he is employed, is it a contract for a specific term?

Is he not the saviour of teams facing the drop? Has he not repeatedly done that? The actual well documented truth is he hates his own press

February 18, 2018, 02:39:16 AM
Reply #2

KoemansNumberTens

Perfect draw. Almost certainly 7th will be a Europa cup place now. Do think Leicester are better than us though.

February 18, 2018, 03:23:35 AM
Reply #3

KoemansNumberTens

I think they look better than are.

Basically the opposite of us.

Just think in Marhez and Vardy they have a level of player we don't. We probably are quite a bit better after that but we need a star or 2

February 18, 2018, 05:29:13 PM
Reply #4

KoemansNumberTens

I don't think we've any young players who've been particularly good this season. No one is particularly deserving of a place and not getting it. Though I would like to see Davies more as well

Lookmans a funny 1. Throughout his short Everton career he'd come on as sub do really well. Then he'd get more minutes the next week and be beyond useless. The loan move is absolutely the wrong move for him. Common sense says you go on loan to a level where you become an important part of the team. If the minutes he's getting there continue as they are then they'd look to loan him out if he was their player

February 19, 2018, 04:34:23 AM
Reply #5

KoemansNumberTens

I hope we don't qualify for Europe because..
A: Fat head will be seen as a success and could stay.
B: It's a distraction from building for next season.
C: Currently we're not good enough to do ourselves justice.

But mainly A

Surely the reality is if we finish 7th he won't just be seen as a success he will be a success