July 23, 2018, 04:44:35 PM

Author Topic: The race for Europe  (Read 7797 times)

February 11, 2018, 01:49:46 AM
Read 7797 times

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Trouble is if we get Europe, ( incredible to even think that after this season ) does that mean Allardyce stays, can we sack him, seriously ?

Lpool won the LC and reached FA cup final with Dalglish but still sacked him.

Obviously worry about this if it did happen but wed need to look at how far off top 6; what points would we have got across a whole season; what were performances like vs top 6; what was performance compared to rest of the league from when he took over etc etc.

Thats before you get into is it healthy to have someone who gets booed for making unpopular subs at 3-0 up.

Last season we were a long way in front of 8th so we need to measuring against things like are we well set to easily be the next best team and most likely to break into top 6.

February 11, 2018, 01:57:08 AM
Reply #1

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
I know what youre saying but not wanting to be in Europe just so were in a better position to qualify for it next season seems illogical.

Especially as were unlikely to jump from 8th to 4th.

February 18, 2018, 03:57:22 PM
Reply #2

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
We must beat Burnley. Looking at our away record it won't be easy.

Id back us to out point Burnley across the rest of the season so Id say drawing that isnt the worst result in terms of overtaking them.

February 19, 2018, 12:25:16 AM
Reply #3

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
No, I don't think he's our future. Neither do I particularly hope he's our manager next season.

I do think he'll have been a fairly successful interim appointment if he guides us to 7th though.
Yes.

Next point is then whether hes been appointed on an interim basis.

So it can be both did well in the short term but want someone else for next season.

February 28, 2018, 04:37:53 AM
Reply #4

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
If we are going to make any headway next year ( under someone knew hopefully ) then we really don't need the distraction . I also don't believe a Manager or player would really be that arsed whether we were in the Europa League or not before they joined a club ( supposedly ) on the up.

Easy to show youre on the up if youre qualifying for Europe though, rather than 11th say.