September 22, 2018, 08:03:57 AM

Author Topic: The race for Europe  (Read 8507 times)

February 18, 2018, 07:57:41 PM
Reply #90

Alanvideo

Looking at the remaining fixtures of EFC ,Burnley and Leicester , there's not much in it. All 3 teams play mostly bottom half opposition with only 2 top 6 games each. Burnley and Leicester play each other so a draw would help us. It's essential we win at Burnley then concentrate on catching Leicester. I reckon we need 5 wins and I'm not counting on anything from the home games v.City and the shite.
Last game we're away to WHU and Leicester are at Spurs.
We are special ,we are Everton.

February 18, 2018, 08:17:50 PM
Reply #91

Paddockoldie

I hope we don't qualify for Europe because..
A: Fat head will be seen as a success and could stay.
B: It's a distraction from building for next season.
C: Currently we're not good enough to do ourselves justice.

But mainly A

February 18, 2018, 09:59:13 PM
Reply #92

van der Meyde

But mainly A
If we finish 7th will fat head not have been a success?

February 18, 2018, 10:15:21 PM
Reply #93

Paddockoldie

On paper but aided by other teams being shitter then us. Do you seriously think he's out future? He plans to lose some games in the hope he'll survive playing teams worse than us. Remember the West Brom, Burnley and Southampton games? Get safe, get shut.

February 18, 2018, 10:15:26 PM
Reply #94

blargins

NSNO Subscriber

I think it would be more the rest of the league will have been a failure.
"If you believe it will work out, you’ll see opportunities. If you believe it won’t, you will see obstacles." – Wayne Dyer

February 18, 2018, 10:31:40 PM
Reply #95

van der Meyde

On paper but aided by other teams being shitter then us. Do you seriously think he's out future? He plans to lose some games in the hope he'll survive playing teams worse than us. Remember the West Brom, Burnley and Southampton games? Get safe, get shut.
No, I don't think he's our future. Neither do I particularly hope he's our manager next season.

I do think he'll have been a fairly successful interim appointment if he guides us to 7th though.

February 18, 2018, 10:32:03 PM
Reply #96

sirblue57

is that a question or a statement
can you tell me were I said that

me I would play beni when Davies needs a rest as the defence side of it and Davy klaassen as the attacking side of it just what ever we need at the time
I don't want to see Tom Davies in a defence mid roll I want to see him up the pitch more
we need to stop playing with 2 DM players
A statement if you like. But it makes my point. He would rather play a vastly underachieving player than give youth an extended run.even at his worst Davies is a much more effective player than scheiderlin.
As for the rest of my previous post, I was mostly surmising what went on between lookman and Sam. But neither of us knows the facts , I just don't think Sam is the manager for us, now or in the future.
I'm the "trophy husband" from the game my wife regrets playing.

February 18, 2018, 10:33:00 PM
Reply #97

eugene

But mainly A
And of course we would end up with no pre season to speak of again like the shambles this season has been

February 18, 2018, 10:51:12 PM
Reply #98

Mayor Farnum

We're not going to get any higher than seventh for the foreseeable future so if Sam delivers it he should at least get another season.

February 18, 2018, 11:42:39 PM
Reply #99

Lxxx

We're not going to get any higher than seventh for the foreseeable future so if Sam delivers it he should at least get another season.

Why should we all bother then hey. What's the point in even supporting a football team if there's no excitement in it, no hope, no expectation, just treading water for a bit. We're Everton not fuckin Chester. We've got a billionaire owner, a spanking new stadium in the works, top 10 highest spenders in European football but let's just forfeit a season, meet you all back here next summer and we'll have another crack at it.

February 18, 2018, 11:45:28 PM
Reply #100

Mayor Farnum

Why should we all bother then hey. What's the point in even supporting a football team if there's no excitement in it, no hope, no expectation, just treading water for a bit. We're Everton not fuckin Chester. We've got a billionaire owner, a spanking new stadium in the works, top 10 highest spenders in European football but let's just forfeit a season, meet you all back here next summer and we'll have another crack at it.

That's all very well, although I imagine six of the top ten spenders in Europe are the six above us in the league, just don't hold your breath waiting for it all to come together.

February 19, 2018, 12:12:44 AM
Reply #101

bogie

A statement if you like. But it makes my point. He would rather play a vastly underachieving player than give youth an extended run.even at his worst Davies is a much more effective player than scheiderlin.
As for the rest of my previous post, I was mostly surmising what went on between lookman and Sam. But neither of us knows the facts , I just don't think Sam is the manager for us, now or in the future.

not sure if you seen the last game or not but Tom Davies started the game Scheiderlin did not so not really making your point is it
your point was that he will not give young player a chance and now you can see he is and always has done

if you are just a Big Sam hater then all this is just a waste of time but if you are just not sure about him then I hope this gives you a better picture overall

February 19, 2018, 12:25:16 AM
Reply #102

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
No, I don't think he's our future. Neither do I particularly hope he's our manager next season.

I do think he'll have been a fairly successful interim appointment if he guides us to 7th though.
Yes.

Next point is then whether he’s been appointed on an interim basis.

So it can be both did well in the short term but want someone else for next season.

February 19, 2018, 12:29:42 AM
Reply #103

sirblue57

not sure if you seen the last game or not but Tom Davies started the game Scheiderlin did not so not really making your point is it
your point was that he will not give young player a chance and now you can see he is and always has done

if you are just a Big Sam hater then all this is just a waste of time but if you are just not sure about him then I hope this gives you a better picture overall
You are really.pedantic. ok davies played the last game. How.many did scheiderlin have to stink out before he did? It's not that I'm a Sam hater. I just think we deserve better.
If you want.to blindly support him fine. Don't expect anyone else to.

February 19, 2018, 12:32:10 AM
Reply #104

sirblue57

And let's not forget, Sam is the one who said we have to be more boring, joke or not. I expect better from our manager.