December 14, 2018, 12:29:24 PM

Author Topic: The race for Europe  (Read 9790 times)

February 19, 2018, 12:40:08 AM
Reply #105

bogie

You are really.pedantic. ok davies played the last game. How.many did scheiderlin have to stink out before he did? It's not that I'm a Sam hater. I just think we deserve better.
If you want.to blindly support him fine. Don't expect anyone else to.

So anytime he drops a young player you could bring this up . Just forget about if he was not playing well or needed a break

And we will just forget about the fact that Tom is not playing the same roll as Scheiderlin (and yes the sooner he is gone the better )
Pedantic lol and then say blindly follow well I could say you are blindly just following the I hate Big Sam brigade

February 19, 2018, 01:12:50 AM
Reply #106

sirblue57

So anytime he drops a young player you could bring this up . Just forget about if he was not playing well or needed a break

And we will just forget about the fact that Tom is not playing the same roll as Scheiderlin (and yes the sooner he is gone the better )
Pedantic lol and then say blindly follow well I could say you are blindly just following the I hate Big Sam brigade

Ffs. Ok how about this...how many times has either player:
Played poorly.
Been dropped/
stunk the place out.

Now before you answer, think. Bene played ok so I think he should have gotten more game time also.
I am not just following the haters.
I had my opinion before he came , I have not said a lot until recently, but he has shown his total lack of class, he is not good enough.
I didn't want Martinez but was swept up in the early months, so didn't want to make the same mistake.
He has proved he is out of his depth. But he is not alone in the club there. I think Walsh should go to, this club deserves better, the fans deserve better.
We should demand better. There is no excuse not to.
I'm the "trophy husband" from the game my wife regrets playing.

February 19, 2018, 04:34:23 AM
Reply #107

KoemansNumberTens

I hope we don't qualify for Europe because..
A: Fat head will be seen as a success and could stay.
B: It's a distraction from building for next season.
C: Currently we're not good enough to do ourselves justice.

But mainly A

Surely the reality is if we finish 7th he won't just be seen as a success he will be a success

February 19, 2018, 04:47:58 AM
Reply #108

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
A statement if you like. But it makes my point. He would rather play a vastly underachieving player than give youth an extended run.even at his worst Davies is a much more effective player than scheiderlin.
As for the rest of my previous post, I was mostly surmising what went on between lookman and Sam. But neither of us knows the facts , I just don't think Sam is the manager for us, now or in the future.

If you exclude the g/k position then he averages 3 youngsters a game which, without checking, could be the highest in the league?
The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire.

February 19, 2018, 05:23:17 AM
Reply #109

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Surely the reality is if we finish 7th he won't just be seen as a success he will be a success

This doesn’t even factor into it for me tbh, yeah he will have done well, should be congratulated and paid handsomely and I’m sure he’ll take his brown envelope with a beaming smile.

Then, status quo resumed, as was his remit, he can stand aside as the club takes the next step in its evolution.

That’s why Moshiri is here isn’t it? Small window? Allardyce is the result of a set back and not part of the long term plan, I hope we all understand that, fans, board and players alike.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

February 19, 2018, 05:29:07 AM
Reply #110

Shogun

Administrator
I don't think it'll be a disaster if Allardyce does stay and we finish 7th this season.

We'll probably finish 7th again, get out of the Europa League groups and based on the last 20 odds years of Allardyce and Everton, not win a cup.

I would worry about what further damage Walsh could inflict by then (don't think he'd get sacked whilst Allardyce is around) and I would worry about the likes of Holgate, DCL, Davies, Dowell, Vlasic, Kenny and Lookman as I don't think Allardyce is really arsed about youngsters and we've got a better emerging bunch than anyone imo.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

February 19, 2018, 05:40:22 AM
Reply #111

sirblue57

If you exclude the g/k position then he averages 3 youngsters a game which, without checking, could be the highest in the league?
Name them and their positions.

Then work it out.

February 19, 2018, 05:57:18 AM
Reply #112

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
13 games x 10 = 130 starters.
38 places filled by DCL, Davies, Kenny, Lookman,  Beningime and Holgate. Haven't counted Vlasic and Sandro despite them being described as 'young'.
Obviously the figure is higher if you include subs but you can count them - I did the hard bit!! ☺
The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire.

February 19, 2018, 02:13:47 PM
Reply #113

sirblue57

13 games x 10 = 130 starters.
38 places filled by DCL, Davies, Kenny, Lookman,  Beningime and Holgate. Haven't counted Vlasic and Sandro despite them being described as 'young'.
Obviously the figure is higher if you include subs but you can count them - I did the hard bit!! ☺

DCL and Kenny there were no other options, due to poor work by the DoF. Beningime did little wrong, Lookman and Holgate could have been managed better. So your left with the Davies v schneiderlin conundrum. Who has performed better?
In truth , the whole squad has been poorly managed , the buying of some of them was and still is, a mystery. But Sam is in charge, and I feel has not done the job properly.

February 19, 2018, 03:56:32 PM
Reply #114

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
I wasn't drawing any conclusions - just giving the numbers.

February 24, 2018, 08:21:39 PM
Reply #115

Shogun

Administrator
Leicester only draw at home to Stoke meaning we'll go above them with a win.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

February 24, 2018, 08:27:36 PM
Reply #116

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber

We dont win away from home though do we?

February 24, 2018, 08:31:01 PM
Reply #117

Fynci

After the game today we could either be as high as 7th, or as low as 10th. Then the conversation could be about the possibility of Europe or getting drawn back into the relegation scrap. Strange season.

February 24, 2018, 10:26:00 PM
Reply #118

TheTone

Burnley take the lead

February 24, 2018, 10:36:28 PM
Reply #119

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Burnley take the lead

As much as Im not a big fan of the  Allardyce appointment, Im still glad we didnt get Dyche. Hed have been on a much longer contract and wed probably have had to stick with him longer. The football Burnley is playing is turgid stuff and I cant imagine people wouldve been happy with that long term.