October 22, 2018, 11:31:08 AM

Author Topic: The race for Europe  (Read 9060 times)

February 19, 2018, 05:23:17 AM
Read 9060 times

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Surely the reality is if we finish 7th he won't just be seen as a success he will be a success

This doesn’t even factor into it for me tbh, yeah he will have done well, should be congratulated and paid handsomely and I’m sure he’ll take his brown envelope with a beaming smile.

Then, status quo resumed, as was his remit, he can stand aside as the club takes the next step in its evolution.

That’s why Moshiri is here isn’t it? Small window? Allardyce is the result of a set back and not part of the long term plan, I hope we all understand that, fans, board and players alike.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

February 26, 2018, 04:10:52 PM
Reply #1

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
You have to say the fact we aren’t comfortably seventh (even if we were miles off 6th) is testament to how shite we have been this year. Such a let down.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

February 28, 2018, 07:07:48 PM
Reply #2

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I could imagine our idiotic Chairman giving Sam a new contract for getting us into Europe though .

There’d be a riot I think.

Imo we need to play more European football, as much as possible whenever possible. Only things that raise the profile of a club are deep European campaigns, good league positions and remarkable on field performances.

Said this before but if after this coming summer we’ve assembled a squad incapable of safely negotiating he early rounds of the Europa without getting out of second gear (with heavy rotation), then we’ve failed again.

Big clubs play in Europe, big clubs don’t fanny out.

March 01, 2018, 01:31:05 AM
Reply #3

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
We appeared to have done that this season but ended up coming on our own face . It is one thing sounding like a big club and another one acting like one . We are a long way off in so many ways .

We did what on our own what now