December 12, 2018, 10:12:40 PM

Author Topic: The race for Europe  (Read 9731 times)

February 14, 2018, 07:42:59 PM
Read 9731 times

Rodenplav64

lol

Here how is Lookman doing in our 1st team ? I did tell you back then he needed to go out on loan . lol

Two wrongs don't make a right .

February 27, 2018, 03:26:40 PM
Reply #1

Rodenplav64

If we are going to make any headway next year ( under someone knew hopefully ) then we really don't need the distraction . I also don't believe a Manager or player would really be that arsed whether we were in the Europa League or not before they joined a club ( supposedly ) on the up.

February 28, 2018, 03:16:14 PM
Reply #2

Rodenplav64

Easy to show you’re on the up if you’re qualifying for Europe though, rather than 11th say.

I just think its an albatross round your neck and we have enough of a mess to sort out and players coming off the back of the World Cup . We need to get a decent start in the league without the distraction of qualifying for the Europe Group stages .

February 28, 2018, 06:57:48 PM
Reply #3

Rodenplav64

I could imagine our idiotic Chairman giving Sam a new contract for getting us into Europe though .

February 28, 2018, 09:02:41 PM
Reply #4

Rodenplav64

There’d be a riot I think.

Imo we need to play more European football, as much as possible whenever possible. Only things that raise the profile of a club are deep European campaigns, good league positions and remarkable on field performances.

Said this before but if after this coming summer we’ve assembled a squad incapable of safely negotiating he early rounds of the Europa without getting out of second gear (with heavy rotation), then we’ve failed again.

Big clubs play in Europe, big clubs don’t fanny out.

We appeared to have done that this season but ended up coming on our own face . It is one thing sounding like a big club and another one acting like one . We are a long way off in so many ways .

February 28, 2018, 10:37:13 PM
Reply #5

Rodenplav64

But you don’t stop just because we make a pigs ear of everything at the minute. You keep on plugging away in the hope lessons are learned.

I don't disagree they are just my feelings . Kenwright never gave in to the pressure from fans over Moyes but Moshiri has bounced 2 and fucked up over Sam . I am just very nervous about the future of the club . I don't suppose that will change any time soon so I will give the Mo bashing a break .

March 01, 2018, 03:42:08 PM
Reply #6

Rodenplav64

We did what on our own what now

Haha . Yes we got a bit over excited .