October 15, 2018, 07:30:15 PM

Author Topic: How should we set up away?  (Read 2373 times)

February 13, 2018, 09:14:43 PM
Reply #30

D15TIN

People putting a back 3 or 5 away from home? Why??? It has literally not worked once for us. Set up as we do at home, don't set up with the wrong mindset of defending, and get some much needed continuity and results. A back 4 is a must
« Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 09:17:56 PM by D15TIN »

February 13, 2018, 09:25:14 PM
Reply #31

howard1334

Donít think so and would like to see it, but do teams generally play the same way away from home as they do at home? Especially teams like ours that are so fragile and prone to giving up big chances.

Leicester and Palace two recent wins and Leicester hit the bar about 4 times and Benteke missed aba 3 chances for palace, and thatís at home!

Maybe if we stopped approaching away games so differently, we might stop being so fragile and might actually win a few.

February 13, 2018, 09:26:48 PM
Reply #32

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
you no after getting banned I said I would not get into it with shit calls but in the name of god man Bolasie do you watch are games at all
if we can get any money for him in the summer take it and run

Yeah really good point m8 keep em coming
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

February 14, 2018, 12:54:12 AM
Reply #33

Paddockoldie

Best form of defence is attack. At present our best form of attack is to defend and then concede and give up.

February 14, 2018, 01:33:12 AM
Reply #34

Heisenberg

Fair enough you have to be adjustable when it comes to playing different teams. But not home vs away. Proper defeatist attitude.

February 14, 2018, 01:41:22 AM
Reply #35

UnsyisaRhino

I'd rather we be brave and go for it then bend over like we did against arsenal. Put out a high energy, hard working, aggressive midfield and forward line and get them on the back foot.

We have more quality than most teams below us and swansea and Watford have proved recently how fragile some of the teams above us are when forced to defend

February 14, 2018, 01:58:47 AM
Reply #36

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Pickford
Coleman Holgate Jagielka Baines
Gueye
Walcott Rooney Davies Sigurdsson
Tosun
Simply simply lovely

February 14, 2018, 02:15:35 AM
Reply #37

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
Same as we do at home.  Fuck messing around.
My momma says I'm special.

February 14, 2018, 02:23:57 AM
Reply #38

blue slug

Same as we do at home.  Fuck messing around.

Totally agree mate everything we try away from home doesnít work so just play like we do at home itís not like we go gung-ho at home anyway

February 14, 2018, 03:34:21 AM
Reply #39

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I agree with what a lot of you are saying tbh - not like weíve got a great deal to lose, our away record is terrible so why not try and dominate a game?

My issue is we donít even really dominate at home, extremely fragile even against shite teams so a team with their home fans etc....reckon we need something a bit more solid away from home until we have a better midfield in place.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

February 14, 2018, 04:15:54 AM
Reply #40

Robioto

Anything but a back 5.

February 14, 2018, 04:31:53 AM
Reply #41

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
I agree with what a lot of you are saying tbh - not like weíve got a great deal to lose, our away record is terrible so why not try and dominate a game?

My issue is we donít even really dominate at home, extremely fragile even against shite teams so a team with their home fans etc....reckon we need something a bit more solid away from home until we have a better midfield in place.

I donít think that weíve been overly attacking anywhere (although vs Spurs we pushed Rooney very high up the pitch).

But I do think part of our issues away from Home is that we donít hold onto the ball enough and so invite too much pressure.

Give any side enough possession and they will create chances.

We need to make the other team worry about us for longer so Iíd just stick with what is working at home.

If all else fails at least it provides a bit more continuity.

February 14, 2018, 07:07:02 AM
Reply #42

Cuttyblue

Donít think so and would like to see it, but do teams generally play the same way away from home as they do at home? Especially teams like ours that are so fragile and prone to giving up big chances.

Leicester and Palace two recent wins and Leicester hit the bar about 4 times and Benteke missed aba 3 chances for palace, and thatís at home!

YES.  We were very lucky in both of those recent wins.

Wouldn't it be nice to see us control a game again?

February 14, 2018, 10:08:20 AM
Reply #43

howard1334

Not like our home fans are very supportive at the moment.

February 14, 2018, 03:09:17 PM
Reply #44

Lincs Toffee

Not like our home fans are very supportive at the moment.
Some of our away support has been better than the toxic atmosphere at home
ďI used to stick the ball in the net and bow three times to the Kop. They never liked me doing that.Ē - Dixie Dean