September 24, 2018, 01:06:15 PM

Author Topic: Dunc making Pistone cry  (Read 3332 times)

February 14, 2018, 02:41:14 PM
Read 3332 times

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Excerpt of Kieron Dyer's autobiography in the Echo (spelling mistakes are the Echo's):

When you think about some of the most scary players the Prmeier League has ever seen, it's hard to look past Duncan Ferguson isn't it?

The Everton coach and cult hero was certainly an intimidating figure in his playing days - just ask the likes of Paul Ince and Steffen Freund.

But, a new story that has emerged from the Scotsman's days at Newcastle potentially takes his reputation up to a whole new level.

In an extract from his new book published by the Daily Mail , Kieron Dyer has revealed an incredible story involving Ferguson and a fellow former Everton man in Alessandro Pistone.

This was before the defender had made the move to Goodison Park and the pair were playing for Newcastle United - and Dyer has lifted the lid on the moment Ferguson made the Italian cry.
Duncan Ferguson was a scary man, Dyer said.

Once, in a five-a-side match, Alessandro Pistone kept making mistakes so Dunc screamed at him. "F*** off, Dunc," the Italian replied.

Dunc stopped dead, stood stock still, his eyes not moving off Pistone.

When training finished I went into the treatment room with Pistone for a massage.
The doors swung open. Dunc pointed at Pistone and invited him outside. Pistone had panic all over his face.
"'Don't make me ask you again or I'll come over there and drag you outside," said Dunc. By this time, tears were streaming down Pistone's face and he was jabbering. I was trying not to laugh, but I could see the rage in Dunc's eyes.

"'I will tell you this once,' Dunc said. 'If you ever tell me to f*** off again, I will crack your skull." Dunc turned and walked out of the door. Pistone was a wreck.

February 14, 2018, 03:10:31 PM
Reply #1

Macca77

Fucking bully

February 14, 2018, 03:20:04 PM
Reply #2

sam of the south

Aww, I would imagine those dreamy, blue Charlie Chaplin eyes gleamed even brighter after that bout of booing 😭
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

February 14, 2018, 03:24:19 PM
Reply #3

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Man I hated Pistone.

What a proper shite player.

February 14, 2018, 04:25:05 PM
Reply #4

sam of the south

Man I hated Pistone.

What a proper shite player.

The utter grimness of our failed transfer policy after we'd qualified for the Champions League was emphatically underlined when we let Pistone go, only to re-sign him a few weeks later because we didn't have adequate cover, and then begin the season as our starting LB  :o

A few parallels there  ;D
« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 04:27:23 PM by sam of the south »

February 14, 2018, 04:27:37 PM
Reply #5

Macca77

The utter grimness of our failed transfer policy after we'd qualified for the Champions League was emphatically underlined when we let Pistone go, only to re-sign him a few weeks later because we didn't have adequate cover. 

That was the worst, Moyes was proper embarrassed

February 14, 2018, 04:33:13 PM
Reply #6

sam of the south

That was the worst, Moyes was proper embarrassed

So grim, so small-time.

Dinamo Bucharest et al.

I remember all the paper talk of Bellamy, Parker, and Forsell (all exciting propositions at the time) and we got in Phil Neville.

February 14, 2018, 04:38:52 PM
Reply #7

Macca77

So grim, so small-time.

Dinamo Bucharest et al.

I remember all the paper talk of Bellamy, Parker, and Forsell (all exciting propositions at the time) and we got in Phil Neville.

I went looking for Forsell, he was meant to be staying in Beetham Tower on old hall street

February 14, 2018, 05:00:16 PM
Reply #8

sam of the south

I went looking for Forsell, he was meant to be staying in Beetham Tower on old hall street

Genius 😃

How long did you stakeout for?

February 14, 2018, 05:30:20 PM
Reply #9

Macca77

Genius 😃

How long did you stakeout for?

About an hour, then i fucked off to the pub

February 14, 2018, 06:02:33 PM
Reply #10

Thornton_19

So grim, so small-time.

Dinamo Bucharest et al.

To be fair we did permanently sign Arteta as well.

February 14, 2018, 06:25:23 PM
Reply #11

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Simon Davies
Per Kroldrup
Phil Neville
Matteo Ferrari
Nuno Valente
Andy Van Der Meyde

That was our play of getting through a 2 legged tie and having a crack at the champions league.

February 14, 2018, 06:34:44 PM
Reply #12

MmmblueBernard

Simon Davies
Per Kroldrup
Phil Neville
Matteo Ferrari
Nuno Valente
Andy Van Der Meyde

That was our play of getting through a 2 legged tie and having a crack at the champions league.

three out of six aint bad ;)
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

February 14, 2018, 06:37:16 PM
Reply #13

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I wanted forsell very much
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

February 14, 2018, 07:32:11 PM
Reply #14

sam of the south

To be fair we did permanently sign Arteta as well.

Yes, there was that.

Although he'd hardly blossomed at that point.