September 21, 2018, 03:29:20 AM

Author Topic: Dunc making Pistone cry  (Read 3308 times)

February 14, 2018, 09:31:48 PM
Reply #15

bacon sarnie

Excerpt of Kieron Dyer's autobiography in the Echo (spelling mistakes are the Echo's):

So that's what he does!

February 15, 2018, 01:59:51 PM
Reply #16

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Not into that tbh, bullying ahl arse
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

February 15, 2018, 03:48:20 PM
Reply #17

BlueForYou

There are hard people and there are bullies

And there's only one way to treat a bully - retaliate

Oh for a Johnny Morrissey!
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

February 20, 2018, 04:50:17 PM
Reply #18

Morta75

Duncan Ferguson, premier leauge Legend and bad ass

February 20, 2018, 05:11:26 PM
Reply #19

Macca77

Legend, really?

February 20, 2018, 05:25:38 PM
Reply #20

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Legend, really?

An argument that pops up with regularity.

I think, as a club, the periods between winning nothing and being good are long enough that any player that wins something needs to be considered a legend.
Ferguson got an FA cup medal with us.

Conversley, the periods of success have come frequently enough that any player that doesn't actually win anything shouldn't be considered a legend.

In the great park i would build outside a stadium i would build for us there would be a forest of statues.
the statues would be of our greatest players.
The entry requirement would be to have won something. So Duncan and Gary Ablett are getting statues and, i'm afraid, Cahill and Arteta are not.

Vote 'Mick 1995'

February 20, 2018, 05:48:58 PM
Reply #21

Macca77

An argument that pops up with regularity.

I think, as a club, the periods between winning nothing and being good are long enough that any player that wins something needs to be considered a legend.
Ferguson got an FA cup medal with us.

Conversley, the periods of success have come frequently enough that any player that doesn't actually win anything shouldn't be considered a legend.

In the great park i would build outside a stadium i would build for us there would be a forest of statues.
the statues would be of our greatest players.
The entry requirement would be to have won something. So Duncan and Gary Ablett are getting statues and, i'm afraid, Cahill and Arteta are not.

Vote 'Mick 1995'

Don't me wrong here, I loved Dunc, he was unplayable sometimes and the passion he has for the club and us fans is something special, but a legend he is not

February 21, 2018, 06:13:16 AM
Reply #22

starblood

Don't me wrong here, I loved Dunc, he was unplayable sometimes and the passion he has for the club and us fans is something special, but a legend he is not

If not him then who? Have we even had one (a legand) in the last 30 years in your opinion?

I don't think anyone would dispute Southall, and he finished playing for us around '97 - any since then?

[Genuine question BTW]

February 21, 2018, 06:28:51 AM
Reply #23

Tony Clifton

If not him then who? Have we even had one (a legand) in the last 30 years in your opinion?

I don't think anyone would dispute Southall, and he finished playing for us around '97 - any since then?

[Genuine question BTW]

None in my opinion.

February 21, 2018, 02:04:00 PM
Reply #24

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
You don't have to win a cup to be a legend IMO.

February 21, 2018, 02:08:49 PM
Reply #25

Macca77

[Genuine question BTW]

Ermmmm, the only one I can think of is Cahill

February 21, 2018, 03:54:34 PM
Reply #26

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
You don't have to win a cup to be a legend IMO.

I'd say that was bare minimum for a club with out success to be honest.
Not the only criteria, but the minimum bar to pass.

February 21, 2018, 03:57:18 PM
Reply #27

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
I'd say that was bare minimum for a club with out success to be honest.
Not the only criteria, but the minimum bar to pass.

What about Bob Latchford?

February 21, 2018, 04:00:41 PM
Reply #28

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber

The proof of the rule is the exception really.
30 goals in 1 season and top scorer for so many seasons kind of mitigates the lack of a cup.

Holding Latchford and his record for us against somebody like Pienaar is apples and oranges.

February 21, 2018, 04:03:49 PM
Reply #29

Macca77

One of my dads fav ever players, loved him

Jesus saves, but Latchford nets the rebound
« Last Edit: February 21, 2018, 04:05:45 PM by Macca77 »