September 22, 2018, 06:56:56 PM

Poll

Which would you prefer, if they were the only choices?

Author Topic: 7th and more Allardyce or 10th and a new manager?  (Read 6419 times)

February 19, 2018, 05:39:16 AM
Reply #150

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
If allardyce doesnít go and he starts next year in the dugout - does anyone think he would actually manage to last out his contract?
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

February 19, 2018, 05:47:26 AM
Reply #151

gizzblue

If allardyce doesn't go and he starts next year in the dugout - does anyone think he would actually manage to last out his contract?
**shudders**
I fucking hope not or it will be even more proof Moshiri should be doing anything else but owning football club...or running his mates football club whichever reality were actually in .

February 19, 2018, 06:42:06 AM
Reply #152

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
BBC gossip saying Pardew could be on his way soon.
Life beyond Sam for next season?
The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire.

February 19, 2018, 06:45:08 AM
Reply #153

Mayor Farnum

If allardyce doesnít go and he starts next year in the dugout - does anyone think he would actually manage to last out his contract?

If he recovers us to seventh he deserves a crack at next season and the chance to see out his contract. We aren't going to make ourselves any more attractive to named managers by continuing to sack managers at the first sign of trouble.

February 19, 2018, 12:27:37 PM
Reply #154

KoemansNumberTens

No
Not for solely calling someone a cunt.

Well I'm generally quite annoying too. I don't think that helped

February 19, 2018, 01:31:44 PM
Reply #155

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
If he recovers us to seventh he deserves a crack at next season and the chance to see out his contract. We aren't going to make ourselves any more attractive to named managers by continuing to sack managers at the first sign of trouble.

Wonít be at trouble though, weíll finish the season comfortably top 10, which is a success given where we were.

However, heís not the man for the big project, Iím sure we can all agree on that.

Major sea change in the summer i think, and hope.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

February 19, 2018, 04:42:42 PM
Reply #156

Rodenplav64

most would much rather fail than be a success with someone they don't like

I don't think that's the reality . If we start winning then I think we would endure rather than enjoy him . Moyes I feel had become unpopular due to failing to take us forward and his constant punching above our weight rubbish . Allardyce has basically set himself up ( rather arrogantly ) as our saviour and his pride may well come before his fall . Even shite anti footballing Managers can gain begrudging appreciation though. Look at George Grahams Arsenal .

February 19, 2018, 04:57:05 PM
Reply #157

blue1948

Can't stand his bullshit tho' he says the squad is too big and ships some out ,this week he is saying the sooner we get players fit we will have more choice ?

February 19, 2018, 05:04:23 PM
Reply #158

Lxxx

Can't stand his bullshit tho' he says the squad is too big and ships some out ,this week he is saying the sooner we get players fit we will have more choice ?

Too much choice is what is destroying any attempt at formulating a system that the players look comfortable in. We're constantly chopping and changing the bloke hasn't got a clue what his best side is, or formation, and he's been here long enough to at least have sussed that out.

February 19, 2018, 05:35:33 PM
Reply #159

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Donít buy the idea the squad was too big.

Too many players who arenít good enough sure, but we had shite u23 players who havenít done a minute for us in the squad.

February 19, 2018, 06:20:44 PM
Reply #160

van der Meyde

Donít buy the idea the squad was too big.

Too many players who arenít good enough sure, but we had shite u23 players who havenít done a minute for us in the squad.
By pure numbers it wasn't too big.

We did/do have too many players in some positions and too few in others though.

February 19, 2018, 06:57:17 PM
Reply #161

Hawkandro

Even if we finished 7th and qualified for Europe, I wouldn't want Sam here next year.
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

February 19, 2018, 07:20:01 PM
Reply #162

KoemansNumberTens

Even if we finished 7th and qualified for Europe, I wouldn't want Sam here next year.

What about if we finish 7th with a great end to the season and there's no clear proven options for a different manager

February 19, 2018, 07:24:26 PM
Reply #163

Lxxx

What about if we finish 7th with a great end to the season and there's no clear proven options for a different manager

What a ridiculous statement.

February 19, 2018, 07:29:34 PM
Reply #164

KoemansNumberTens

What a ridiculous statement.

In what sense. Most seem to want anyone but and it seems to be regardless of the current managers performance