December 19, 2018, 02:54:21 AM

Poll

Which would you prefer, if they were the only choices?

Author Topic: 7th and more Allardyce or 10th and a new manager?  (Read 8151 times)

February 16, 2018, 01:03:30 AM
Reply #30

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
10th. Not even a challenging question.

February 16, 2018, 01:07:02 AM
Reply #31

Cereal Killer

I can't stand Allardyce, he's shit and not for us, but in terms of this poll

Rather 7th

Bigger problems higher up than the manager need resolving first and sooner

We need an actual DoF who knows what they're doing to be in control of transfers in the summer, not letting Walsh piss away another 100m on players Sam fancies.

Would be good if the DoF was in place long before the summer though so they can get a feel for the club, the players, what we need etc

They'll dictate the players we go for, not Sam, and if they don't think he can get the right performances out of them (more than likely not) then we can get rid, at least there would be hopefully more of a long term plan in place

Whether we get a new manager or not, next season will be another write off if Walsh is still here

February 16, 2018, 01:27:23 AM
Reply #32

Macca77

The thought of him still being here next week makes me sick

February 16, 2018, 01:35:47 AM
Reply #33

Gash

Global Moderator
Giving him an 18 month deal pretty much finished off Moshiri's 'window of opportunity' that he spoke of, it's such a short term option and I don't see extending it as an option either as he's not and never has been a manager for a club with top 6 ambitions and don't mention Bolton it's been a long time since then. He's here for a one last pay day, we clearly didn't want him (allowing for the pursuit of Silva) judging by his comments about not getting a good vibe and the way he spoke before he joined he was neither up nor down about taking the job either. That's been one of the problems for me, I've never believed he wants to be here or is totally committed to it.

Happily get rid in the summer, get a new manager in on 1st June and give everyone a clean slate. I said before that big turnovers of squad in one window never work and I've never liked it and so we've proved it again. Get a new manager in, press the reset button and start the project from the beginning again instead of constantly having to put a plaster over things. We've gone from everyone sitting up and taking notice at the start of the summer to pissing themselves at the mess that's been made since then.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 01:37:25 AM by Gash »

February 16, 2018, 02:02:12 AM
Reply #34

bacon sarnie

I reckon Allardyce would love it if Everton finished one point above relegation especially winning that point last game of the season so he can polish his crown and wear it for the media love-in....the narcissistic bollock.

February 16, 2018, 02:49:15 AM
Reply #35

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
Giving him an 18 month deal pretty much finished off Moshiri's 'window of opportunity' that he spoke of, it's such a short term option and I don't see extending it as an option either as he's not and never has been a manager for a club with top 6 ambitions and don't mention Bolton it's been a long time since then. He's here for a one last pay day, we clearly didn't want him (allowing for the pursuit of Silva) judging by his comments about not getting a good vibe and the way he spoke before he joined he was neither up nor down about taking the job either. That's been one of the problems for me, I've never believed he wants to be here or is totally committed to it.

Happily get rid in the summer, get a new manager in on 1st June and give everyone a clean slate. I said before that big turnovers of squad in one window never work and I've never liked it and so we've proved it again. Get a new manager in, press the reset button and start the project from the beginning again instead of constantly having to put a plaster over things. We've gone from everyone sitting up and taking notice at the start of the summer to pissing themselves at the mess that's been made since then.

The club top brass didnt want him.
The fans didnt want him.
He didn't feel wanted.
Half the squad don't feel wanted.
The rest of the squad know he's not here long term.

No wonder its not been all sunshine and lollipops.
My momma says I'm special.

February 16, 2018, 02:53:03 AM
Reply #36

van der Meyde

@Cereal Killer has nailed pretty much everything I would have said there.

February 16, 2018, 03:36:06 AM
Reply #37

Heisenberg

Id take 7th and the club still getting rid of him. And if they didn't it would just be another for the list incompetence and not really knowing what they're doing since moshiri came in

February 16, 2018, 03:49:44 AM
Reply #38

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
Would rather finish 16th and get rid than 7th and him still being here
I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos lá Everton!

February 16, 2018, 04:20:55 AM
Reply #39

toffee_scot

I want Everton to finish as high up the table as possible, even if the manager is the footballing antichrist,

If the board had any ambition to actually challenge the current top 6, then they would come up with a good long term strategy with a good footballing structure in place including a good DOF and manager. Otherwise if they keep Allardyce & Walsh and sweep problems under the carpet then that tells me Moshiri and co are not up to the task of progressing Everton and we either accept the fact that we are just another run of the mill football club making up the numbers in the Premier League or we make it known that we are not happy with the regime in charge and demand change until a new more competent regime can take over.

February 16, 2018, 04:35:08 AM
Reply #40

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
Like or hate Sam I don't think there is any doubt he will have sorted out a lot of the shit left behind by Koeman.
Whether he stays or whether someone else comes in there will be a clear structure and everyone will be singing off the same hymn sheet. Whether we like that hymn sheet or not doesn't matter because there is something organised to build or to change in an organised fashion.
This forum has been hyper critical of Bill, Moshiri, Elstone,  Walsh, players,  tactics, ground planning, transfer policies and I'm sure you can think of others.
Obviously it comes as a disappointment to some and a satisfaction to others that Sam hasn't sorted it all out in 10 weeks I still bet he leaves us better than he found us.
Again,  not a defence of him, but how do you recruit a top manager when the first 12 months or more of the job is basically shovelling shit left behind by others.
I can't be arsed checking now but how long has it taken Man City to get from where they were when the money arrived to where they are now? With stricter financial rules it will take us that  long and more besides.
The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire.

February 16, 2018, 04:50:23 AM
Reply #41

fubarruk

I'd take 17th if it meant getting that scrotum out of our club

February 16, 2018, 04:58:52 AM
Reply #42

bogie

looking at that think them running this might want to think about having it for only Everton fans

but it will not mater 7th is in the bag

February 16, 2018, 05:03:12 AM
Reply #43

bogie

I reckon Allardyce would love it if Everton finished one point above relegation especially winning that point last game of the season so he can polish his crown and wear it for the media love-in....the narcissistic bollock.

and I reckon your talking shit that even you don't believe but hey

February 16, 2018, 05:10:20 AM
Reply #44

Paddockoldie

He's not taking us anywhere so if he stays we'd have been better under Moyes. At least he got us playing some decent football and we could defend too. If we are actually ambitious we need to find someone who is also but there's the rub.