December 10, 2018, 12:02:14 PM

Poll

Which would you prefer, if they were the only choices?

Author Topic: 7th and more Allardyce or 10th and a new manager?  (Read 7853 times)

February 16, 2018, 05:15:22 AM
Reply #45

Gash

Global Moderator
looking at that think them running this might want to think about having it for only Everton fans

Not to go all "grammar police" but like most of your posts I've absolutely no idea what this is meant to say?

February 16, 2018, 05:23:46 AM
Reply #46

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
Not to go all "grammar police" but like most of your posts I've absolutely no idea what this is meant to say?

I think heís implying that people who voted for 10th are not Everton fans.

Itís comedic genius is what it is.

February 16, 2018, 05:37:34 AM
Reply #47

bogie

that's your problem not mine I on the other hand know what you trying to say and do so sad really

February 16, 2018, 07:02:45 AM
Reply #48

Nick

Everton will never finish the season in 7th place with Big Sam.

I know I'm not the most optimistic person in life, but we're proper screwed at the moment.

Second rate manager, and a second rate squad (bar literally one or two decent players/prospects).

As things stand, I'm struggling to think of what players would want to sign for us.  Big Sam isn't a pull for established premier league quality players, the only people willing to sign are players who can't get in their first teams, or are from other leagues in the hope that they can raise their profile and move to another club.

It's not all Allardyce's fault though.  The club was being run into the ground before he arrived.  Koeman's transfer history is the stuff of nightmares, as was his management of the players.

An average manager has inherited an average club and has somehow made us even more average.

Now for the optimism...

I'll admit, I didn't see the Palace game so not sure if we have genuinely turned a corner, or just managed to beat a more average team than ourselves.  However, I'll give Sam and the team the benefit of the doubt for now.  Plus we have a run of games to our advantage until City and Liverpool tear us a new one.  It's a chance for some points, although we're away for a few of those matches.

Finish the season in the top half...just.  Somehow make some funds available for some decent players.  Not has-beens, or not good enough for other clubs, or unknowns from other leagues.  Get rid of the crap, make a loss if we have to.  Move on, it's done and dusted.

Win the league next season :)

Ok, so it's pushing it for a definition of optimism, but it's a blueprint in the works.

Winning the league was obviously just put there to get your attention, but the point remains; improve the squad with real quality and surely things will improve.

I'm not sure how we do that with Big Sam though.  The man is a busted flush.

[/optimism]

February 16, 2018, 07:09:13 AM
Reply #49

Dr. Sponge

@bogie you ok for crayons little man?

If we put together a good run between now and the end of the season, then on the face of it he'd deserve the chance to take another season.

Personally I don't think Allardyce is the answer, but I don't think he's the problem either. It's further up the chain where things need changing, otherwise the new manager will have the same issues all over again. Obviously I mean Walsh and others at that level.

Anyway, I can't work out how to vote on Tapatalk, but no I wouldn't cut my nose off to spite my face. I'll always want us to finish as high as we can.

February 16, 2018, 08:28:52 AM
Reply #50

cantoffee

7th.

I think it's better for the club for us to finish as high as possible.

If he's still here and gets us to 7th again and his contract is up that's fine. It wouldn't be great but we would then have three consecutive 7th place finishes, more experience in Europe and maybe a bit more pull as a result.

Think as another poster said, we need a DOF who can build a squad regardless of the manager and that's more important long term than whether or not Sam is here for another 12 months.

February 16, 2018, 08:54:48 AM
Reply #51

Ramjam

Canít imagine BFS leading us out at BMD for the first game at the waterfront. After this season is secured, all out all change then push the peddle turn the wheel and off we go again to the next exciting chapter of our illustrious clubs adventure
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

February 16, 2018, 12:19:18 PM
Reply #52

BlueMaquis

For Lxxx: The alternative to coping - not coping/suicide

It's better to cope

Don't knock it if you haven't tried it

February 16, 2018, 01:25:33 PM
Reply #53

Mayor Farnum

Evertonians eh! Like we can be choosy as to who brings us success.

February 16, 2018, 01:58:29 PM
Reply #54

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber
Still hasn't voted as I want 7 but no Sam

February 16, 2018, 02:04:31 PM
Reply #55

Macca77

How about finish 8th, miss out on 7th by goal difference,  and Allardyce leaves with his nice little bonus less than 10 minutes after the last game of the season

Merry summer

February 16, 2018, 02:16:59 PM
Reply #56

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Finish 7th, get into Europe.
Have a new DoF by the start of the transfer window.

Don't like the idea of getting a new manager and DoF in the same window - and i think Walsh has hurt the club more than Allardyce is financially.
There's no reason to doubt he can't get us top 7 next year as well.

But at that point it'd be clear it's as high as he can take us, we'd have had 3 years of Europe on the bounce (and i'd expect him to get us out of the group stages as well), we'll be able to look a bit higher than flavour of th emonth managers by then.

February 16, 2018, 02:24:53 PM
Reply #57

Toddacelli

Only voted for Sam because I cannot briong myself to vote for a lower league position and a worse season.

:Sick:

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

February 16, 2018, 02:33:48 PM
Reply #58

Jamokachi

I'd take 10th and him gone. Shove it up your shitter if you think that makes me a poor fan. I think you're a poor fan accepting Allardyce as our manager.

February 16, 2018, 02:50:55 PM
Reply #59

Macca77

I'd take 10th and him gone. Shove it up your shitter if you think that makes me a poor fan. I think you're a poor fan accepting Allardyce as our manager.