September 24, 2018, 04:05:58 PM

Author Topic: Can't argue with this  (Read 2188 times)

February 16, 2018, 08:32:46 PM
Read 2188 times

Macca77

February 16, 2018, 08:39:54 PM
Reply #1

BlueForYou

No argument - great times, we were great

Great team, great manager/coaches, great chairman, great ground, great fans

Great club
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

February 16, 2018, 09:54:11 PM
Reply #2

sam of the south

Everything about 84-85 is bittersweet.

What might’ve been, and what should’ve been.

Am I bitter about those cunts across the park?

Fucking right I am.

If we had committed that atrocity we solely would’ve been banned from Europe, sparing the rest of English clubs.
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

February 16, 2018, 10:22:32 PM
Reply #3

BlueForYou

If I could reverse two results, it would be -

1985 & 1995 FA Cup Finals (sorry Joe and dogs of war!)

"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

February 16, 2018, 10:31:57 PM
Reply #4

Cozzie

I was sadly born in 1987 so it was all down hill from there, I am a curse baby. Knowing what I have seen now, remembering the cup win in 95 I still can't imagine the Raw emotion of what it must have been like to see us win a league title, especially as it was at the expense of them lot.

Being able to proudly say your team is the best in the land, seeing us successful in Europe must have been amazing too.

On the flip side I am glad I had no part in seeing us lose 2 finals to them.

The semi final loss in 2012 was one of the lowest I have ever felt possibly can't imagine how awful it must be to lose a final.

What I would have given to have been around in the 80's.

February 16, 2018, 10:35:44 PM
Reply #5

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Memories
Simply simply lovely

February 16, 2018, 10:36:14 PM
Reply #6

gizzblue

Feel sorry for my kids  ... I've given them both the poison chalice and neither have seen anything but shite since birth ....
Oh What a cunt I am .

February 16, 2018, 10:41:26 PM
Reply #7

blue1948

Everything about 84-85 is bittersweet.

What might’ve been, and what should’ve been.

Am I bitter about those cunts across the park?

Fucking right I am.

If we had committed that atrocity we solely would’ve been banned from Europe, sparing the rest of English clubs.
!00% right with that ,the bias was against us even then .Bitter !I am not just stating facts .
I watched nearly all away games as well as all the home games that season .I went to Rotterdam but stayed in Belgium  and then on to Wembley .Some of the lads on the coach weren't sober from when we left until we got home 5 days later -those were the days -all got off the coach ,after getting bladdered in the midlands on the way home ,then into our cars parked in Lower Lane police station!!!

February 16, 2018, 10:43:59 PM
Reply #8

blue1948

I was sadly born in 1987 so it was all down hill from there, I am a curse baby. Knowing what I have seen now, remembering the cup win in 95 I still can't imagine the Raw emotion of what it must have been like to see us win a league title, especially as it was at the expense of them lot.

Being able to proudly say your team is the best in the land, seeing us successful in Europe must have been amazing too.

On the flip side I am glad I had no part in seeing us lose 2 finals to them.

The semi final loss in 2012 was one of the lowest I have ever felt possibly can't imagine how awful it must be to lose a final.

What I would have given to have been around in the 80's.
The worst thing about the first final was that most of the fans sang "merseyside" when the shite were winning ,I couldn't do it .They never would .

February 16, 2018, 11:04:32 PM
Reply #9

BlueForYou

What about "Are you watching Manchester"?

Harry Catterick

February 16, 2018, 11:25:00 PM
Reply #10

Paddockoldie

I was lucky enough and honoured to live those heady days... taking over Rotterdam, 100 a side footy in the square with Dutch bizzies getting involved. The game itself and the sheer buzz of knowing you were the best team in the land. Sadly gone shit again but at least I have my memories to comfort me.

February 16, 2018, 11:28:51 PM
Reply #11

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Sounds boss.

My best memory is when Reina mistook Andy Johnson’s baldy head for the fuckin ball in our one win in a billion years against those horrible bastards.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

February 16, 2018, 11:43:06 PM
Reply #12

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber

The worst experience is losing a semi final. At a final you've had the excitement, the build up, the publicity and been part of the occasion.
No one remembers losing semi finalists and you feel as if it was all within touching distance when it's just snatched away.
My worst moment was stood on the Holte End losing to a last minute goal off a corner off Tommy Booth''s knee v Man City in a different century!
I have never felt so empty before or since. Admittedly the FA Cup was more of a trophy then.
The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire.

February 16, 2018, 11:52:04 PM
Reply #13

Macca77

I was a young lad back then, went to my first game that season in the gwladys and it scared the shit out of me, sat on one of the bars with my arl fella behind me.

Arl fella and uncles went to every game that year, home and away, they always talk about it, they got booted out at Fotuna Sittard for smuggling ale into the ground. Went to the FA cup final without any tickets and still got in, just gave the fella on the turnstile a tenner. The Bayern Munich game still gives me goosebumps. Would love to be my age now back then

February 16, 2018, 11:57:43 PM
Reply #14

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
I wasn't born :(
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"