June 21, 2018, 11:40:42 AM

Author Topic: Artmosphere/Flags  (Read 3228 times)

February 18, 2018, 12:11:07 AM
Reply #15

AllyBlue14

Iím not slagging him off, fair play to him for coming up with an idea. I just think there is a better way to improve the atmosphere than flags and banners and it starts with Big Sam. Positive play goes much further than gimmicks. Players and managers need to take ownership of the atmosphere we have had this year, as our playing style simply does not generate the famous Goodison atmosphere. The attitude around the club this year has not been up to standard, thatís been the main problem. When the style changes, youíll see the atmosphere change.

Goodison has been quiet for years, long before Allardyce came here. Yes, people are disillusioned with how this season has gone, but the atmosphere has been flat for ages.

Some clubs' supporters are buoyant no matter what - largely those that have just come into the league and don't know how long they'll be there - but that's more like what we should be aiming for.

Fair dues for trying something different to try and spark some life into the crowd.

February 18, 2018, 12:28:03 AM
Reply #16

bogie

a well known song that Everton would call their own would help

Rangers were having the same thing some 10/12 years ago and took penny arcade as one of there songs its a crap song but it did what it had to for them
I don't know if they sung it years ago but I was going to a lot of rangers games in the 90,s and never heard it

sorry if that youtube upsets anyone but its only to show

February 18, 2018, 12:49:03 AM
Reply #17

Alanvideo

a well known song that Everton would call their own would help

Rangers were having the same thing some 10/12 years ago and took penny arcade as one of there songs its a crap song but it did what it had to for them
I don't know if they sung it years ago but I was going to a lot of rangers games in the 90,s and never heard it

sorry if that youtube upsets anyone but its only to show

..............it's not a crap song it's a Roy Orbison classic you peasant .Thanks for posting   :cheers:
We are special ,we are Everton.

February 18, 2018, 01:02:19 AM
Reply #18

bogie

I know that but for a football song you would never have picked it but it worked

February 18, 2018, 01:05:05 AM
Reply #19

Mayor Farnum

Remember the short lived song under the Johnson regime?

February 18, 2018, 01:09:39 AM
Reply #20

Mayor Farnum

If we are looking for a song to get the atmosphere going before the match I would suggest Fields of Fire by Big Country.

February 18, 2018, 01:12:41 AM
Reply #21

Ramjam

Best way forward for this idea is to get the young kids involved and in return they will grow into the role and it will become second nature to them, the idea could take a decade to take hold property but I do think itís a good one. Western Sydney Wanderers do it here in Australia and it has worked a treat for them.
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

February 18, 2018, 01:15:58 AM
Reply #22

Bally

Administrator
been doing the rounds on twitter the last couple of days and people really looking on getting it going.

the Goodison atmosphere is dead, its a absolute joke.

so therefore starting from the street end a few groups are putting money together for a banner for the front behind the goal similar to Italian teams the way they do. then after that as many flags banners going before/during the game.

people willing to be involved in this? setting up a fund me page I think and going from there. the club are involved

also anyone who says its kopite behavior needs their heads checking. lets wake goodison up
We are in discussion with the group currently to see what we can work out, the fans forum that is not nsno
It's the roll I way

February 18, 2018, 01:17:03 AM
Reply #23

Bally

Administrator
Serve free ale that'll do it.
That was mentioned as a solution....
Not by me

Honest
It's the roll I way

February 18, 2018, 01:24:28 AM
Reply #24

bacon sarnie

That was mentioned as a solution....
Not by me

Honest

I believe you big feller  :whistle:

February 18, 2018, 01:30:05 AM
Reply #25

Thornton_19

Be boss. I'd love the street end to be booming with colour and movement before kick off. Hopefully it will translate into noise too.

I do feel a big part of the problem is how slow we always seem to start games. So everyone takes their seat and has to wait about 15 minutes before we do anything.

I feel they need to make a singing section but it probably won't be able to be implemented until Bramley Moore.

February 18, 2018, 01:36:30 AM
Reply #26

bacon sarnie

Partly what I was getting at with the cultural thing this.

If you could drink in your seats and if people weren't so preoccupied with having a bevvy on the concourse or being in the boozer, the atmosphere might stand a chance.

Nowt wrong with the alehouse before the match as the bevvy does bring forth song in most people especially surrounded by thousands of  budding Roy Orbisons but sat there with plastic cup in hand kinda kills the mood a bit like at a baseball game in the hot sun with a few hot dogs down yer neck.
Maybe have Philadelphia Eagles style tailgate parties before the match only with free ale for the first 10,000 and see how it goes like.
Hooligans will all be passed out or locked up by noon thus ridding the stadium of scum before kick-off.

Like Bally said........

February 18, 2018, 01:49:49 AM
Reply #27

bogie

If we are looking for a song to get the atmosphere going before the match I would suggest Fields of Fire by Big Country.

think the key to a good one is being easy to hum or whistle to get the tune stuck in you head before you get to drunk

something like working man but would need some work by someone that's good at that sort of thing

February 18, 2018, 01:52:31 AM
Reply #28

bogie

easy tune that will get stuck in you head

February 18, 2018, 02:08:15 AM
Reply #29

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Anything is worth trying as long as itís not dead cheesy.

Itís almost completely lost that we are supporters rather than spectators.

Fair enough if after 15 mins the game is poor, an atmosphere is likely to fizzle out.

But the onus currently is almost completely on the team.

And even then, if itís someone we ďshouldĒ be beating itís only ok for about 5 mins of self congratulating ďsing when weíre winningĒ stuff.