August 22, 2018, 04:11:10 AM

Author Topic: Artmosphere/Flags  (Read 3591 times)

February 18, 2018, 05:31:22 AM
Reply #30

Ramjam

a well known song that Everton would call their own would help

Rangers were having the same thing some 10/12 years ago and took penny arcade as one of there songs its a crap song but it did what it had to for them
I don't know if they sung it years ago but I was going to a lot of rangers games in the 90,s and never heard it

sorry if that youtube upsets anyone but its only to show
That was truly amazing, that’s what we need at Goodison.
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

February 18, 2018, 05:37:22 AM
Reply #31

Simon Paul

Administrator
We got slagged off when we gave away free flags to celebrate the life of Howard Kendall.  If he isnt worthy of flag waving then what is?

February 18, 2018, 05:47:31 AM
Reply #32

Ramjam

We got slagged off when we gave away free flags to celebrate the life of Howard Kendall.  If he isnt worthy of flag waving then what is?
Like I said before, get the kids on board with it and they will carry it on then pass it on to their kids, hand them a flag each and they’ll love it and want to keep coming and make noise, that Rangers video was ace as is Celtic when you watch them singing, “ The fields of Athenry”
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

February 18, 2018, 05:48:37 AM
Reply #33

Simon Paul

Administrator
We gave all the kids megaphones one week

February 18, 2018, 05:51:13 AM
Reply #34

Tony Clifton

How about...

February 18, 2018, 05:52:50 AM
Reply #35

bogie

February 18, 2018, 05:56:44 AM
Reply #36

irishtoffee

How about...

Fuck that was louder than expected! Next you'll be suggesting vuvuzelas

February 18, 2018, 06:05:22 AM
Reply #37

irishtoffee

Is there anything to be said for increasing the number of away fans at all premier league games? I know if you're losing if would be extra torture but away fans usually increase the atmosphere of a game. I don't just mean Everton here but all grounds. Goodison is far from the only ground with this problem

February 18, 2018, 06:06:22 AM
Reply #38

burkey17

I’m all for this type of initiative. As a STH the atmosphere is poor and I get fed up with ‘the Old Lady under floodlights’ scenario and this ‘bear pit atmosphere’ that won Everton the game. I did feel it in the past and ok by memory against Bayern it was special and Fiorentina was a good night.... although we lost and yes on a number of occasions since but in recent years it’s a no!
Yes times have gone on but you don’t come out the Ground ‘buzzing’. This year maybe Watford and West Ham but more of relief then anything! Yes we can say we’ll look at the dross we have been served blah blah... but if something can be started why not?
I’m not into the Happy clapper things but for atmosphere in the Prem I would say it works for Leicester and Huddersfield create atmosphere (ok the cynical ones would say they have just been promoted) and Palace are always game. I’m fully behind it but unfortunately in our fanbase there will have to be a big culture change for it to work at Home Games. Don’t go to Aways anymore but as we have only won twice in the last year I can understand why they have nothing to shout about!

February 18, 2018, 06:07:08 AM
Reply #39

Shogun

Administrator
As long as it doesn’t include those shite clapper things Leicester have and it isn’t like Crystal Palace where their singing section don’t seem to care about what’s happening on the pitch then I don’t mind.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

February 18, 2018, 06:26:23 AM
Reply #40

Tony Clifton

Fuck that was louder than expected! Next you'll be suggesting vuvuzelas

Nah, fuck them off.  They should have been banned worldwide even before the 2010 world cup.  Could have killed many a child that year in the name of those bastard things.  Rattles, smoking and drinking on the terraces (install ashtrays on the backs of seats), and the return of National Service will sort us right out. ;)

February 18, 2018, 06:29:29 AM
Reply #41

bogie

seating has to come into it as well sitting with your mates will help it a lot
I did see and hear they would be looking at that for the new ground

February 18, 2018, 07:26:13 AM
Reply #42

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I went to Wigan the other week and there was shit loads of empty seats.

Stood up through the whole thing though, definitely felt differently to sitting there with my
Knees together squeezed between two ahl fellas.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

February 18, 2018, 05:08:00 PM
Reply #43

phillyt

In terms of pre match atmosphere allocated seating is definitely a negative.
If it was a free for all people would get there early doors, bag the decent seats (or spots on the terrace). As it is most people are still in the pub at 2:45 come in having spent nothing on food/drink or even a programme. Sit down to have the wind taken out of their sails by a drab (if we are lucky) start to the game.  If people were on the gwladys street from half one or whatever time the gates open, more money from pies, more money, from programmes. Allow beers down there till say 15 minutes till kick off. A bit of a buzz at 1:30 grows into a small sing song by two which carries on into the start of the match and hopefully beyond.
I'm fat, but it's not my fault I have a genetic condition resulting in me retaining burgers.

February 18, 2018, 05:42:13 PM
Reply #44

JordanianEmbassy

The atmosphere in most stadiums gets slowly worse with each passing season, Goodison isn't much different to most other places with regards to this. ALLOCATED seating is probably the cause, because it stops those that want to sing naturally congregating together. This solution to this is standing/singing areas, but people trying to organise this get shouted down because the whole idea is misunderstood.

Personally, I'm not that fussed about banners and flags. And if one was in front of me obscuring my view, it would annoy me.