July 17, 2018, 09:28:08 AM

Author Topic: Artmosphere/Flags  (Read 3368 times)

February 18, 2018, 05:42:13 PM
Read 3368 times

JordanianEmbassy

The atmosphere in most stadiums gets slowly worse with each passing season, Goodison isn't much different to most other places with regards to this. ALLOCATED seating is probably the cause, because it stops those that want to sing naturally congregating together. This solution to this is standing/singing areas, but people trying to organise this get shouted down because the whole idea is misunderstood.

Personally, I'm not that fussed about banners and flags. And if one was in front of me obscuring my view, it would annoy me.

February 18, 2018, 11:45:58 PM
Reply #1

JordanianEmbassy

I'd hate to become a set of fans that bounces up and down singing songs all day. That's not a good atmosphere for a football match IMO.

All for flags and banners though. Personally think the group of fans behind this sort of thing are best putting their efforts toward the new ground.

If you watch old footage of Goodison you can tell it was a lot noisier in every way.  But were Evertonians ever a set of fans that bounce up and down and sing songs all day? From what I can see certainly not in a cheesy way.

February 21, 2018, 01:29:59 PM
Reply #2

JordanianEmbassy

The lack of songs for our team and club I think contributes a lot too thinking about it.

What great songs do we have at the moment that everyone loves singing?

We've had loads of songs over the last few years that people love singing.... but they only get sung at the aways .

We've actually had a few new ones as well, although one by one we've had to ditch them as people have left - Allez Allez Oh (which sounded amazing when we were first singing it), Roberto had a dream, We've got a Diamond etc.