June 24, 2018, 10:38:25 AM

Author Topic: Artmosphere/Flags  (Read 3267 times)

February 18, 2018, 06:51:25 PM
Reply #45

Bally

Administrator
Just to make you all aware, every club are having meetings regarding their atmosphere, every club.
It's the roll I way

February 18, 2018, 06:55:53 PM
Reply #46

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
I'd hate to become a set of fans that bounces up and down singing songs all day. That's not a good atmosphere for a football match IMO.

All for flags and banners though. Personally think the group of fans behind this sort of thing are best putting their efforts toward the new ground.

February 18, 2018, 07:00:51 PM
Reply #47

Mayor Farnum

How about...

Wouldn't like to have to carry that fucker up to the top balcony!

February 18, 2018, 11:45:58 PM
Reply #48

JordanianEmbassy

I'd hate to become a set of fans that bounces up and down singing songs all day. That's not a good atmosphere for a football match IMO.

All for flags and banners though. Personally think the group of fans behind this sort of thing are best putting their efforts toward the new ground.

If you watch old footage of Goodison you can tell it was a lot noisier in every way.  But were Evertonians ever a set of fans that bounce up and down and sing songs all day? From what I can see certainly not in a cheesy way.

February 19, 2018, 12:06:18 AM
Reply #49

Bingham Boy

If you watch old footage of Goodison you can tell it was a lot noisier in every way.  But were Evertonians ever a set of fans that bounce up and down and sing songs all day? From what I can see certainly not in a cheesy way.
I remember a number of games where we sang non stop for 90 mins. Ok that's not bouncing up and down like.

February 19, 2018, 12:16:47 AM
Reply #50

bogie

I remember a number of games where we sang non stop for 90 mins. Ok that's not bouncing up and down like.

yeah but some of them great songs then we can't use now
the song for Ross was great and the Roberto had a dream

February 19, 2018, 12:27:15 AM
Reply #51

Shogun

Administrator

Moshiri had a dream
to build a football team
We had loads of money and Walsh wasted it all
We hoof from the back
with nothing in attack
We've got Sam Allardyce and we'll never comeback
« Last Edit: February 19, 2018, 12:29:15 AM by Shogun »
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

February 19, 2018, 12:33:09 AM
Reply #52

Ross

How about...

I remember hearing some fella in the paddock in the early 90s being told in no uncertain terms hed need a bloody good surgeon to remove his rattle if he didnt pack it in.

The game was about 3 minutes old when most had had enough of it.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

February 19, 2018, 01:01:37 AM
Reply #53

Bingham Boy

We were doing it before those songs existed though.

February 19, 2018, 01:10:39 AM
Reply #54

farnhamtoffee

The Street end & Park end were electric in the 70s,we had songs for most of the game ,no problem.Whatever happened to "When youre smiling",used to love that when everybody sang it ?

February 19, 2018, 04:32:47 AM
Reply #55

Bally

Administrator
I remember hearing some fella in the paddock in the early 90's being told in no uncertain terms he'd need a bloody good surgeon to remove his rattle if he didn't pack it in.

The game was about 3 minutes old when most had had enough of it.
Hahah I remember that too
It's the roll I way

February 19, 2018, 05:12:29 PM
Reply #56

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Ale. It's always been ale.

Now you've got to sit sobering up, surrounded by women. (It was only ever women that told me to sit down/get off my seat as a 15 year old and it's made me bitter and resentful, sorry). Under the threat of a ban if you swear too much/become too animated?

Remember the tanoys telling us to sit down somewhat-recently. Bell ends.
Shit football is no excuse, because i can remember large parts of the 90s still having a bear-pit like atmosphere.

Sky have made us sober customers and we're doomed to oblivion.

February 19, 2018, 05:22:49 PM
Reply #57

formerKHL

Having grown up through the "singing pop songs" in the late 60's.....
Singing supporting your team songs in the 70's
Singing the hate your opponents, team, fans and everyone... hooligan songs of the 80's
into the cool 90's and PC brigade 2000's....

i think the "whole people culture change" is the biggest "problem" with poor atmosphere's now at most grounds....having followed the blues away to practically every ground in the country and most abroad too...i have always recently (past 20 years) felt the away games atmosphere was always better than the home games....

everyones scared nowadays of offending someone or something......without being prosecuted, fined, banned, club fines etc from grounds....

with regards to the team should lift the supporters.... the catch 22 argument is exactly that in reverse

February 19, 2018, 06:18:03 PM
Reply #58

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber

Now you've got to sit sobering up, surrounded by women.

I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos l Everton!

February 20, 2018, 09:46:49 PM
Reply #59

D15TIN

i'll stick a couple of quid in, there is too much sitting down and we have about 2 songs- performances would probably improve with supporters backing too