December 12, 2018, 08:44:18 PM

Author Topic: Artmosphere/Flags  (Read 4512 times)

February 20, 2018, 10:03:16 PM
Reply #60

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
Ale. It's always been ale.

Now you've got to sit sobering up, surrounded by women. (It was only ever women that told me to sit down/get off my seat as a 15 year old and it's made me bitter and resentful, sorry). Under the threat of a ban if you swear too much/become too animated?

Remember the tanoys telling us to sit down somewhat-recently. Bell ends.
Shit football is no excuse, because i can remember large parts of the 90s still having a bear-pit like atmosphere.

Sky have made us sober customers and we're doomed to oblivion.
Now it is all seated whilst I understand people want to stand the fact is that those who can't stand for long, if at all, see little or nothing. What should be done about that?
The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire.

February 20, 2018, 11:15:03 PM
Reply #61

D15TIN

Now it is all seated whilst I understand people want to stand the fact is that those who can't stand for long, if at all, see little or nothing. What should be done about that?
Maybe the lower gwladys should be seen as the standing stand -which it is really- if not comfortable standing there is 3 other stands to choose from

February 21, 2018, 12:04:37 AM
Reply #62

Shogun

Administrator
Wouldnít it cheaper to just bribe the ref to give the opposition a really dodgy decision?

Commence Angry Goodison.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

February 21, 2018, 01:16:51 AM
Reply #63

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
Maybe the lower gwladys should be seen as the standing stand -which it is really- if not comfortable standing there is 3 other stands to choose from
It was a general observation - it's worse at away games.
The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire.

February 21, 2018, 01:27:40 AM
Reply #64

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
In the short term I can see only two things that will improve the atmosphere at any ground.
Unreserved seating so a seat is guaranteed, but not an exact one, meaning groups can get together. Risky if you're late getting in but a risk you know when you buy your ticket. Potential arguments about ' saving seats' as it fills up. Some element of disruption down the Isles towards kick off as latecomers are looking for empty seats in middle of rows etc. All that could be a stewards worst nightmare?
Secondly,  rail seating which would be the best solution.
After that you're into how you build a new ground that promotes a good atmosphere.

February 21, 2018, 02:36:54 AM
Reply #65

Thornton_19

The lack of songs for our team and club I think contributes a lot too thinking about it.

What great songs do we have at the moment that everyone loves singing?

February 21, 2018, 03:15:23 AM
Reply #66

Alanvideo

The lack of songs for our team and club I think contributes a lot too thinking about it.

.................It's not the lack of songs it's the lack of spark from the field. When Hajduk Split fans came on the field the Park End erupted into 'run run whoever you may be ,we are the famous EFC ' hadn't heard it for years.  Like the Phil Neville tackle it just gets you going.
We are special ,we are Everton.

February 21, 2018, 09:40:09 AM
Reply #67

boothill

We only sing when were winning, not very often then

February 21, 2018, 01:29:59 PM
Reply #68

JordanianEmbassy

We've had loads of songs over the last few years that people love singing.... but they only get sung at the aways .

We've actually had a few new ones as well, although one by one we've had to ditch them as people have left - Allez Allez Oh (which sounded amazing when we were first singing it), Roberto had a dream, We've got a Diamond etc.

February 21, 2018, 02:17:24 PM
Reply #69

Bromefc

to be fair we as fans cant do anything in regard to how the team plays or whos in charge, yes nobody wants sam in charge but is that worth ruining the going the game experience. if anyone is going to Watford Saturday they generally have a display before most games now after a fan group took over part of a stand and get it going and its really good. so if a team a lot smaller like Watford can and with less people why cant we. why do we have to be miserable sods who go the game all the time.

February 21, 2018, 02:30:35 PM
Reply #70

Macca77

to be fair we as fans cant do anything in regard to how the team plays or whos in charge, yes nobody wants sam in charge but is that worth ruining the going the game experience. if anyone is going to Watford Saturday they generally have a display before most games now after a fan group took over part of a stand and get it going and its really good. so if a team a lot smaller like Watford can and with less people why cant we. why do we have to be miserable sods who go the game all the time.

Because we support Everton!!

The atmosphere at Goodison has been shite for years, its the same at most grounds nowadays unfortunately

February 21, 2018, 03:25:42 PM
Reply #71

Bromefc

We got slagged off when we gave away free flags to celebrate the life of Howard Kendall.  If he isnt worthy of flag waving then what is?
its different fans making and taking banners and flags to the club giving free plastic ones out I think

February 21, 2018, 05:36:20 PM
Reply #72

Toddacelli

As long as it doesnít include those shite clapper things Leicester have and it isnít like Crystal Palace where their singing section donít seem to care about whatís happening on the pitch then I donít mind.

I think Leicester have got it about right - but there's a lot of elements:

New ground
Good speaker system for music/announcements
Freebies on seats for everyone - that make noise
Gifts for STH's on special days - like the new chairman's birthday
Adopting a song from Kasabian

Oh - and romping the league from out of nowhere probably helped a wee bit too!

For a boring brand new stadium I think the atmosphere is pretty good there.

When we had this discussion a while back, there were some crazy vids from the yanks with people leading sections and stuff. Personally, I found them a touch cringy, but it's like dancing - I'm too self conscious until I've had 8 or 9 beers - then you can't get me off the dancefloor and I wish I could be like that sober. I don't know where I'm going with this post anymore. #BodyIssues #SelfImage #Derailed #CyForHelp

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

February 21, 2018, 05:36:38 PM
Reply #73

Toddacelli

Proper rambled there.

Soz.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

February 21, 2018, 05:47:17 PM
Reply #74

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
You're a fantastic dancer and a good egg.
You just be you todd