December 16, 2018, 01:39:42 AM

Author Topic: [News]Allardyce: We've turned the club around  (Read 5321 times)

February 24, 2018, 12:08:15 AM
Reply #30

velimski

Yea I don't really want to give the bloke any credit, but lets not underestimate how much of a fucking mess we were in before he got here.

February 24, 2018, 01:01:31 AM
Reply #31

indiantoffee1975

Should be used to it. Same level of shite which also came out from Moyes, Martinez and Koeman. Martinez probably taking it further than the others.

February 24, 2018, 01:09:20 AM
Reply #32

Ridge

We're worse than what he inherited, the anxiety is gone and is replaced by despair.

February 24, 2018, 11:22:44 PM
Reply #33

howard1334

I am really tired of the notion that escaping relegation with the 12th or so most expensive team in the world is any sort of an accomplishment.

February 25, 2018, 12:29:22 AM
Reply #34

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
What he means is we've turned the club around. Thing is we needed it to be a 180 turnaround, not the full 360!
ďThe best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Donít wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.Ē Barack Obama

February 25, 2018, 01:27:26 AM
Reply #35

Martip

The fact is the club has not been turned around at all there has been some papering over the cracks done in the short term.

The team is so poor from back to front it's painful and it beggars belief that a team could spend so much money on so much crap AND HAS CONTINUED TO DO IT. Walsh is terrible end of.

The team today....

Pickford- no real improvement on what we had in all honesty but shouts a lot so we excuse his deficencies
Martina- crap
Keane- crap
Williams - crap
Kenny- average and too young
Rooney- too old so crap
Davies- hit and miss but young
Gueye - good player but not doing it atm
Walcott- looks our best player
Siggy- 45m ?
Niasse- well it's niasse.
Tosan- fooking carthorse running in quicksand..another Walsh gem.

Atm only Walcott looks anywhere near good enough.

February 25, 2018, 01:32:54 AM
Reply #36

bogie

and don't forget yannick bolasie every cunt that had anything to do with us signing the thief needs kicked out of football never mind the club

February 25, 2018, 08:16:24 AM
Reply #37

Ramjam

Our only attacking threat is from our goalkeeper,

demoralising.
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

February 25, 2018, 10:07:07 AM
Reply #38

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber

You could quite reasonably argue that other managers would've been able to get a similar amount of points from the games since he came in. No arguments there, but we didn't seem to have any plan about appointing those people.

However, that is different to the fact that we were in a big mess when he came in. I think you could quite easily make a case for us being the worst team in the league for a not insignificant period of time this season. We offered so little up front and were so ridiculously fragile at the back...I mean just look at our goal difference, it reflects the reality of our season. There has been tiny handful of games where we were really deserved winners, with plenty of others you wonder how we picked up points.

We are still in a decent mess, both in terms of the squad and off the field issues. We've just managed to be a little less crap. I mean for a little while today, Newcastle were just 3 pts different to us and we're almost into March. We still can't win away from home and we only have 5 games left at home, of which perhaps 2 or 3 of those (Brighton, Newcastle and possibly Southampton) you'd think were games we should be winning. I can't imagine anyone here is particularly confident about playing Liverpool or Man City at home and expecting points.

So, I guess from that I say I don't think Allardyce should be particularly proud, however the fact is really there is currently very little between us and any of the teams from 7th downwards. We get by on individual moments, but things need to change if we hope to compete and not have a repeat this sort of season again next year.

We need a better manager, and we definitely need better recruitment. That's just the beginning.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2018, 06:45:23 PM by blueToffee »

February 25, 2018, 03:29:38 PM
Reply #39

sirblue57

Should be used to it. Same level of shite which also came out from Moyes, Martinez and Koeman. Martinez probably taking it further than the others.

Moyes, for all his faults, was never this bad. At least we had shape, and a defence. If he had come in instead of Sam we would have improved much more .
Martinez best period was built on the foundation Moyes left . Since then we have gone to shit, the whole structure is rotten and needs replacing, but with quality.
I'm the "trophy husband" from the game my wife regrets playing.

February 25, 2018, 03:37:29 PM
Reply #40

Lxxx

Itís just sad to see the mess we have become in all honesty.

February 25, 2018, 04:04:27 PM
Reply #41

Redartin

Yes, the club have turned around, and around, and around. It is called a spin, and they are spiralling downwards.

February 25, 2018, 04:04:43 PM
Reply #42

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
The fact is the club has not been turned around at all there has been some papering over the cracks done in the short term.

The team is so poor from back to front it's painful and it beggars belief that a team could spend so much money on so much crap AND HAS CONTINUED TO DO IT. Walsh is terrible end of.

The team today....

Pickford- no real improvement on what we had in all honesty but shouts a lot so we excuse his deficencies
Martina- crap
Keane- crap
Williams - crap
Kenny- average and too young
Rooney- too old so crap
Davies- hit and miss but young
Gueye - good player but not doing it atm
Walcott- looks our best player
Siggy- 45m ?
Niasse- well it's niasse.
Tosan- fooking carthorse running in quicksand..another Walsh gem.

Atm only Walcott looks anywhere near good enough.

lolol

February 25, 2018, 04:21:48 PM
Reply #43

Bluedylan

To quote the film, Vanilla Sky, 'every passing minute is another chance to turn it all around'.

And I agree with that. There's no such thing as being doomed, in my view. Essentially you just need to start making better decisions from now, and that applies equally to a person's life or running a club.

We're not resigned to our fate. We just need to start making better decisions and this season can be viewed as a crazy aberration, and nothing more. Lots of clubs have had awful seasons and terrible managerial appointments and then quickly reversed it and left it behind them.

We need to view it like that, quite dispassionately.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

February 25, 2018, 04:23:18 PM
Reply #44

Rodenplav64

Brian Glanville , a respected journalist and not a fan on a downer wrote in this months World Soccer Magazine . Under the strapline       " Allardyces time has been and gone " he wrote "Evertons poor recent form has posed serious questions about the competence of SamAllardyce , brought in to revitalise the team after the abrupt departure of Ronald Koeman . After one or two useful victories, which at least seemed to keep the spectre of relegation at bay, he has left both Wayne Rooney and Gylfi Siggurdsson on the bench of late .They could hardly have done any worse in a team which has been overwhelmed at times .It also surprised me that he loaned talented winger Ademola Lookman to RB Leipzig of the Bundesliga where he has made an immediate impact . He is a player I have much admired for his pace , control and efficacy since his early days at Charlton where he developed . I feel Allardyce as a Manager has passed his meridian but it would be very expensive for Everton to fire him now . And whom would they bring in ? "

There is also an excellent article entitled 25 next Generation coaches but I think I will start another thread to discuss those on the list . Any of them would require a bit of forward thinking but those at the helm of our club don't seem to have any .