October 19, 2018, 12:09:05 PM

Author Topic: [News]Allardyce: We've turned the club around  (Read 4752 times)

February 25, 2018, 06:26:51 PM
Reply #60

gizzblue

Wonder how bad Sam being here next year would affect season ticket sales ....if people are fucked off now ...that prospect would damage the future .

February 25, 2018, 07:00:47 PM
Reply #61

blue1948

To quote the film, Vanilla Sky, 'every passing minute is another chance to turn it all around'.

And I agree with that. There's no such thing as being doomed, in my view. Essentially you just need to start making better decisions from now, and that applies equally to a person's life or running a club.

We're not resigned to our fate. We just need to start making better decisions and this season can be viewed as a crazy aberration, and nothing more. Lots of clubs have had awful seasons and terrible managerial appointments and then quickly reversed it and left it behind them.

We need to view it like that, quite dispassionately.

Fuck me what would you write if we were in the bottom three ? I was close to ending it all reading this.

February 25, 2018, 07:03:40 PM
Reply #62

Rodenplav64

Nah you're just turning fans away, haven't watched Everton for a few weeks now and probably wont until he's gone.

I was looking at coming up for the Brighton game with my mate who supports them . Couldn't get tickets near each other , 600 mile round trip , hotel and beer for a couple of nights . Phone my mate and said I can't be arsed we should wait till next season if you stay up . Hopefully Allardyce is gone and it will be worth the outlay .

February 25, 2018, 07:11:01 PM
Reply #63

Lxxx

I was looking at coming up for the Brighton game with my mate who supports them . Couldn't get tickets near each other , 600 mile round trip , hotel and beer for a couple of nights . Phone my mate and said I can't be arsed we should wait till next season if you stay up . Hopefully Allardyce is gone and it will be worth the outlay .

Similar here. My mate texted me last night and said do I fancy travelling over to Liverpool for a game and a night out before the end of the season. Told him I'm up for a night out but can bin the game off till next season.

February 25, 2018, 07:21:23 PM
Reply #64

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Similar here. My mate texted me last night and said do I fancy travelling over to Liverpool for a game and a night out before the end of the season. Told him I'm up for a night out but can bin the game off till next season.
Probs best for both of you, Do the night out, do the pre game stuff down county road or wherever then swerve the game
Simply simply lovely

February 25, 2018, 07:39:34 PM
Reply #65

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I watched it with a gang of kopites it was fucking grim. They could barely believe how boring we are. Need aba 6 first team players.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

February 25, 2018, 07:59:11 PM
Reply #66

dunkster

The question I'm constantly asking myself lately is whether a different manager could totally transform these players and tactics and have us play great football...or... Are our players simply very very shit?
Because to be perfectly honest I'm not convinced there's more than half dozen players I'd keep.
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER

February 25, 2018, 08:15:32 PM
Reply #67

Rodenplav64

The question I'm constantly asking myself lately is whether a different manager could totally transform these players and tactics and have us play great football...or... Are our players simply very very shit?
Because to be perfectly honest I'm not convinced there's more than half dozen players I'd keep.
Well Martinez season 1 sort of nails that one . There is no future with Allardyce , no style , no legacy . There are plenty of Managers out there who have developed players without massive outlays but they need time . Moshiri should accept as the fans should that 6th season 1 is just not going to happen now that everyone has more money . I think most fans would be happy to see a style develop at the club rather than just chucking money at players and Managers and ending up like Villa or Sunderland .

February 25, 2018, 08:18:07 PM
Reply #68

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Almost everything comes back to recruitment. As a simple example, had we kept or adequately replaced Lukaku we'd be closer to Arsenal rather than hanging around trying to claw our way to 40 points. It wouldn't really have mattered who was in charge.

Some players we've brought in are ok, but we haven't bought any that lift us to a better level. To put it another way, we've not identified talent that any of the top teams would try and poach from us. That is us failing in recruitment and it leads to mediocrity at best. During both Moyes era and Martinez's "era" I was always a little concerned a couple of players would be snapped up. However perhaps with the exception of Coleman, maybe Davies there is nobody anymore I'd be bothered by us losing. In fact, almost the opposite as I want a lot of the players out of the door.

Recruitment is our single biggest issue right now. Albeit followed closely by the manger.

February 25, 2018, 08:28:13 PM
Reply #69

Lxxx

Almost everything comes back to recruitment. As a simple example, had we kept or adequately replaced Lukaku we'd be closer to Arsenal rather than hanging around trying to claw our way to 40 points. It wouldn't really have mattered who was in charge.

Some players we've brought in are ok, but we haven't bought any that lift us to a better level. To put it another way, we've not identified talent that any of the top teams would try and poach from us. That is us failing in recruitment and it leads to mediocrity at best. During both Moyes era and Martinez's "era" I was always a little concerned a couple of players would be snapped up. However perhaps with the exception of Coleman, maybe Davies there is nobody anymore I'd be bothered by us losing. In fact, almost the opposite as I want a lot of the players out of the door.

Recruitment is our single biggest issue right now. Albeit followed closely by the manger.

We had a strategy back then though, we bought players in the main not good enough for the top clubs but who had the potential to be, partly down to money but it seemed to work for us and where we were in the pecking order. Now we just buy players the top clubs don't or wouldn't want anyway and the ones who might fall into our previous criteria we don't invest in and play.

Need a top down cleaning of house but before we do that we need to decide on what we are and what we're aiming to achieve, to recruit players and managers who want to be here for footballing reasons and not just the money.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2018, 08:30:35 PM by Lxxx »

February 25, 2018, 08:57:21 PM
Reply #70

Bluedylan

Fuck me what would you write if we were in the bottom three ? I was close to ending it all reading this.

Not sure you've understood it, in that case.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

February 25, 2018, 09:28:39 PM
Reply #71

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Not sure you've understood it, in that case.

Yeah, I read it as being quite upbeat, hope where there is despair etc.

February 25, 2018, 09:30:25 PM
Reply #72

sam of the south

To quote the film, Vanilla Sky, 'every passing minute is another chance to turn it all around'.

And I agree with that. There's no such thing as being doomed, in my view. Essentially you just need to start making better decisions from now, and that applies equally to a person's life or running a club.

We're not resigned to our fate. We just need to start making better decisions and this season can be viewed as a crazy aberration, and nothing more. Lots of clubs have had awful seasons and terrible managerial appointments and then quickly reversed it and left it behind them.

We need to view it like that, quite dispassionately.

This is all true from you, as usual, mate, but we have to hope that Moshiri can see it.

The only evidence of his decisions so far are:

Sack Martinez ✅
Hire Walsh ❌
Hire Koeman ❌
Sack Koeman ✅
Give it to Unsworth (with no back-up plan) ❌
Hire Allardyce ❌

So, in my opinion, his decisions have been mainly poor.
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

February 25, 2018, 09:59:43 PM
Reply #73

Bluedylan

Yeah, I read it as being quite upbeat, hope where there is despair etc.

That was the intention.

February 25, 2018, 10:00:39 PM
Reply #74

Bluedylan

This is all true from you, as usual, mate, but we have to hope that Moshiri can see it.

The only evidence of his decisions so far are:

Sack Martinez ✅
Hire Walsh ❌
Hire Koeman ❌
Sack Koeman ✅
Give it to Unsworth (with no back-up plan) ❌
Hire Allardyce ❌

So, in my opinion, his decisions have been mainly poor.

Aye