October 24, 2018, 07:22:53 AM

Author Topic: 25 Next Generation Coaches  (Read 3115 times)

February 25, 2018, 04:49:04 PM
Read 3115 times

Rodenplav64

If we want to move forward then probably each and every person on this list would see Everton as an opportunity they couldn't afford to turn down .

Guiellermo ALMADA - Barcelona ( The Ecuadorian one )
Ludovic BATELLI - Lens
Manuel BAUM - Augsburg
Miguel CARDOSO - Rio Aves
Sergio CONCEICOA ( Conshaycow according to Motty ) - FC Porto
Luigi Di BIAGIO - Italy U23 and Temporary national team .
Paulo FONSECA - Shakhtar Donetsk
Ricardo GARECA - Peru National Team
Asier GARITANO - Leganes
Ariel HOLAN - Independiente
Adi HUTER - Young Boys Bern
Niko KOVAC - Eintracht Frankfurt
Thierry LAURY - Strasbourg
Razvan LUCESCU - PAOK Salonika
Jose MENDILIBAR - Eibar
Julian NAGELSMANN - Hoffenheim
Massimo ODDO - Uddinese
Sunday OLISEH - FC Eupen
PEPA - Tondela
Willy SAGNOL - Bordeaux
Maurizio SARRI - Napoli
Maurice STEIJN - VV Venlo
Juan Carlos UNZUE - Celta Vigo
Michael VAN DER GAAG - Excelsior
Patrick VIEIRA - New York Red Bulls

There are some real achievements and some real potential in there . Maybe Mosh should have read this instead of wasting time on Allardyces Book " Football in the dark ages " .

February 26, 2018, 03:41:54 PM
Reply #1

Rodenplav64

Most of those names are nowhere near the level required. They have shown some promise but that's all.

Yes I just copied the list and obviously some of them are just starting out and nowhere near the required level . However at the start of last season that applied to Nagelsmann and now he is heavily linked with Bayern . I also think I would take the guy from Barcelona in Ecuador over Allardyce .

February 26, 2018, 04:01:36 PM
Reply #2

Rodenplav64

Being groomed for the Man City Job when pep leaves I reckon

I agree . I think City are setting up a bit of a dynasty as the clubs are owned by the same interests it seems likely . You could see Vieira to City , Arteta to NY for instance .

February 26, 2018, 05:47:27 PM
Reply #3

Rodenplav64

Isn't Viera doing awful at New York?

They finished bottom in 2014/15 , 8th in 2015/16 and 2nd in 2016/17 . Vieira only took over in Jan 2016 so I think he has done OK without really knowing if it is just investment or him that has made the difference.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2018, 06:04:07 PM by Rodenplav64 »

February 26, 2018, 05:49:25 PM
Reply #4

Rodenplav64

I think any unproven manager is a risk but sometimes you've got to take chances. Koeman, Martinez and Allardyce have experience but look at what they provided? I think Nagelsman would do okay here but would be take the chance with us?

There can't be too many managers on 6M but it would be a question of whether they wanted to try but risk crashing ( as is likely with our current set up ) and wrecking their CV .

February 26, 2018, 09:09:41 PM
Reply #5

Rodenplav64

I'm surprised Domenico Tedesco isn't on there. He's doing a great job with Schalke this season. I loved this interview:

https://spielverlagerung.com/2017/12/02/interview-with-schalke-head-coach-domenico-tedesco/

Looks like another brilliant find from Christian Heidel (who appointed Tuchel and Klopp (yeah, I know) at Mainz).

That's an interesting interview . I would just love to see the look on Ashley Williams face as the art of defending for the benefit of the team is explained to him .

February 26, 2018, 09:10:43 PM
Reply #6

Rodenplav64

You'd like to think we'd be in for a coach like some of the names mentioned here.

We were after Fonseca so there is hope that's the sort of manager we're looking for.

Just got a horrible feeling we'll end up going ''Prem proven'' again though with the likes of a Benitez, Howe etc

Yet so few Managers have actually not proven anything other than an ability to survive in the Prem .

February 26, 2018, 09:26:13 PM
Reply #7

Rodenplav64

Yeah it's pretty much a split between top level coaches we could never get and then the relegation fighting plodders at the bottom.

Got to take a punt haven't we?

The blind are leading the blind though and I can't see it getting any better in the short term .

February 27, 2018, 02:11:12 PM
Reply #8

Rodenplav64

Would be very nice if he was the man to sort us out and get us moving forward.  He'd without doubt have some very good, positive, actual football ideas.

I think after Allardyce the fans would be a bit more forgiving of a Manager who was just that .

March 01, 2018, 03:07:44 AM
Reply #9

Rodenplav64

Maybe. I just think if we lost the first couple of games, the usual gobshites would be out in force immediately.

Personally I think under Martinez we had a go at the big teams and got some good results . Koeman seemed to surrender most of them which I found a bit annoying as we beat City and Arsenal at one point but then got hammered by Chelsea and Arsenal waving a white flag . The football was dire under Koeman and got worse as the season went on . No surprise ten that there was no patience with him after all the spending led to a massive backward step . I would prefer to try and forget Allardyce already .