December 10, 2018, 01:34:27 AM

Author Topic: Points come end of season  (Read 6139 times)

March 04, 2018, 08:14:12 PM
Reply #75

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Arsenal away (us excluded of course) are awful. However yes, doesn’t make next weeks game any easier.

Having trawled through Stoke, CP and a couple of others fixtures I think 4 pts to stay up, at this rate it might be a case of 1 at a time.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2018, 08:20:53 PM by blueToffee »

March 06, 2018, 02:19:38 AM
Reply #76

Cereal Killer

Relegation 6 pointer away to Stoke in two weeks?

Sams bread and butter that, maybe we'll keep him on just for that

March 06, 2018, 02:29:33 AM
Reply #77

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Burnley (a)
Brighton (h)
Stoke (a)
City (h)
Shite (h)
Swans (a)
Newcastle (h)
Hudds (a)
Southampton (h)
West Ham (a)

Currently on 34 points

Need ~ 37/39/40 to survive

I’ve been a bit optimistic and have us on 46/49 end of season in 8th, right behind 7th but miles off 6th.

What’re you saying?

Drastically reevaluating this to 42, 11th/10th
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

March 06, 2018, 03:06:15 AM
Reply #78

chang

Currently 10th Brighton 34 pts - next to bottom, Stoke 27pts

Ten teams covered -two from them ten get relegated (assuming WBA gone) - but what plays into the hands of those of us 10th 11th 12th, the very fact it's so tight and congested - couple of wins for anyone (Watford for example) is huge, but that is the thing, very few are going to win two on the trot, most will lose more than they win, draws keep you treading water.

Everton are poor, piss poor, but points on the board are so very important right now.

March 06, 2018, 03:09:28 AM
Reply #79

Lxxx

Could do without a Palace win tonight, slim chance of being sucked into it or not.

March 06, 2018, 03:14:41 AM
Reply #80

Heisenberg

Horrible to think teams like swansea and palace are just a few points behind us now

edit: scrap that palace are about to do an everton
« Last Edit: March 06, 2018, 03:17:17 AM by Heisenberg »

March 06, 2018, 03:16:21 AM
Reply #81

bluenuck

Could do without a Palace win tonight, slim chance of being sucked into it or not.

6 from the drop as of right this second.

This weekends game is looking massive now.

March 06, 2018, 03:23:23 AM
Reply #82

chang

Yes of course - but to get relegated means seven teams have to leap over us - that will only happen if we don't score another point ..... in which case .... relegation is deserved.

Relax lads, some of us older folk have much experience of this shit!

March 06, 2018, 03:25:28 AM
Reply #83

Lxxx

We should be alright by the virtue of the huge number of shite teams below us, but I'd rather not get to our two expected losses having not got another win on the board.

March 06, 2018, 03:28:21 AM
Reply #84

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
The thought of Allardyce smirking as we get relegated makes me feel like murder
Simply simply lovely

March 06, 2018, 03:30:38 AM
Reply #85

Cereal Killer

Yes of course - but to get relegated means seven teams have to leap over us - that will only happen if we don't score another point ..... in which case .... relegation is deserved.

Relax lads, some of us older folk have much experience of this shit!

Dunno like

Huddersfield, Newcastle and West Ham all have winnable home games this weekend....

If we fuck up against Brighton.....

March 06, 2018, 03:31:06 AM
Reply #86

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Worrying thing is if you gave me a choice of any of those games this coming weekend, I wouldn’t really be 100% on us getting a result.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

March 06, 2018, 03:37:09 AM
Reply #87

bluenuck

We should be alright by the virtue of the huge number of shite teams below us, but I'd rather not get to our two expected losses having not got another win on the board.

True, but when do we become one of those shite teams?

We look more and more the part every weekend.

March 06, 2018, 03:41:43 AM
Reply #88

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
True, but when do we become one of those shite teams?

We look more and more the part every weekend.

We’ve absolutely confirmed our place as right in the middle of it. Last 4 years will be 11th / 11th / 7th / probably 11th.

We’re fucking shite and all over the place.

March 06, 2018, 03:49:58 AM
Reply #89

Lxxx

Even watching Palace for example they have players haring about all over the place, lots of pace and look bang up for at least having a go in games. I do wonder how the fuck we have amassed 34 points so far with our pedestrian play.