September 26, 2018, 03:36:37 AM

Author Topic: Pienaar  (Read 2601 times)

March 02, 2018, 12:10:05 AM
Reply #45

Evertonian in NC

Brilliant footballer and always gave his all. One of those worth the entrance fee alone. As above if he'd had more pace he could have genuinely been a great, but then he wouldn't have played for us.

What was that quote (it was in a book I recently read), went something like "but I would have died for Everton."

I always got the impression Pienaar felt that way about us.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

March 02, 2018, 12:26:46 AM
Reply #46

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
What was that quote (it was in a book I recently read), went something like "but I would have died for Everton."

I always got the impression Pienaar felt that way about us.
Dave hickson

Id have broken bones for any team I played for but I'd have died for Everton

Or sommet like that
Simply simply lovely

March 02, 2018, 07:56:13 AM
Reply #47

howard1334

I was thinking about him the other day along with moyes other signings back in the day..young Baines, young jags, lescott, pienaar, arteta, cahill, yakubu, ossie.
Most of our squad we have now wouldn't get into that team save maybe pickford, Walcott and gana

Overstating your case a bit, but I will agree that we have no one matching the likes of young Baines, Peinarr, or Arteta at the moment. Give us those three in their prime right now, and I think we would be a real threat.

March 03, 2018, 05:16:40 AM
Reply #48

Thornton_19

He is bloody spamming up Instagram.