September 26, 2018, 04:29:04 AM

Author Topic: Our Youngsters  (Read 8865 times)

March 10, 2018, 01:39:08 AM
Reply #105

benny

NSNO Subscriber
Grow up mate .
          sounds like the kettle calling the pot

March 10, 2018, 01:40:26 AM
Reply #106

BlueForYou

Pickford @ £30m? Bargain

If Utd sell De Gea, they'll offer £50m+ for him

"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

March 10, 2018, 01:47:17 AM
Reply #107

Ross

AKA taking the blue tinted glasses off.

Whatever floats your boat I suppose.

Grow up mate .

Constructive criticism is fine by me.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

March 10, 2018, 01:55:43 AM
Reply #108

blue slug

Just wondering where people place Pickford in the prem when rating goalkeepers, I personally rate Lloris, de gea, courtouis, butland and perhaps ederson above him, three of them being world class so in my opinion heís good, young and will get better especially when we have defenders who can defend in front of him

March 10, 2018, 02:16:57 AM
Reply #109

SANA_DR0

so theres like 10+ Evertonians who think Pickford is pretty good for his age,,. then you have 2 people who think he is a liability..

ill go with the 10 plus Evertonians.. Also i expect Pickford to be Englands number 1 come the world cup, he is the most consistently played english goal keeper who has performed the best this season.

not sure what the 2 negative evertonians have been watching.. maybe they they think Howard was better..
Unsworth has a 100% League record at home
Norwich 3-0 15th May 2016
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
West Ham 4-0 29th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

March 10, 2018, 02:27:32 AM
Reply #110

Jamokachi

AKA taking the blue tinted glasses off.

Aye, but replacing them with 'everything is shit' tinted specs doesn't work either.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2018, 02:29:08 AM by Jamokachi »

March 10, 2018, 02:28:16 AM
Reply #111

Jamokachi

Pickford @ £30m? Bargain

If Utd sell De Gea, they'll offer £50m+ for him

I reckon they'd get over 100m.

March 10, 2018, 02:48:36 AM
Reply #112

KoemansNumberTens

Aye, but replacing them with 'everything is shit' tinted specs doesn't work either.

My opinions on most of our players are in line with most none Everton fans.

No one outside of our forums think Pickford has had a good season. No one thinks DCL is a great prospect

We've been here before time and time again in fact. Rodwell Cadamateri branch etc etc etc.

I'm not saying Pickford is shit. I'm not saying he won't make a great keeper. He sure hasn't been good this season though. I don't know why people pretend he has.

March 10, 2018, 03:00:29 AM
Reply #113

Ross

No one outside of our forums think Pickford has had a good season. No one thinks DCL is a great prospect

We've been here before time and time again in fact. Rodwell Cadamateri branch etc etc etc.

I'm not saying Pickford is shit. I'm not saying he won't make a great keeper. He sure hasn't been good this season though. I don't know why people pretend he has.

Be great to see these links from other forums, and the likes, critiquing both players so verbosely if you can provide them.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

March 10, 2018, 03:02:57 AM
Reply #114

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Plenty of people in the game really rate Pickford and DCL.

March 10, 2018, 03:05:06 AM
Reply #115

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber

But you don't get that most fans don't rate other teams players do you?

Cos Liverpool fans dont rate Pickford doesnt validate your opinion

Cos man city fans aren't arsed about dcl doesn't validate your opinion

You say we wear blue tinted glasses but the general opinion on these two is that Pickford could be England no 1... A debate was on sky sports this week about it

Dcl can have a decent career, if he kicks on he could be pretty good.

Simply simply lovely

March 10, 2018, 03:10:22 AM
Reply #116

Jamokachi

Non Everton fans don't watch Everton games, unless we're plying their team, though. We aren't a fashionable club that people enjoy watching (like City, Spurs, Liverpool etc). So when people see the highlights reel on MOTD of Pickford conceding over and over they're bound to think he's been poor. It's all about perception, and this is what you're failing to grasp.

It's the same on here, many of our opinions of other teams players are skewed by the fact we simply don't watch them regularly. We rely on other peoples opinions and highlight reels.

Pickford has been good this year. The majority of Everton fans recognise this, and any pundit/reporter/journalist worth listening to will tell you the same. Has he made some errors? Of course! Who hasn't? Even Ederson has been guilty of a couple howlers, he's still a top keeper.

The comparisons to Rodwell and Cadamateri are silly. Most Evertonians could have told you they had limitations to their game, especially the latter.

Pickford is the best 'keeper we've had since Martin (and possibly Howard's early days). He's already one of the best in the league, and will only get better. I honestly have no idea what you and his other detractors are expecting? And why you're failing to acknowledge how good he has been, but rather focussing on the small amount of errors he's made. It must be exhausting being so negative all the time.

March 10, 2018, 03:26:39 AM
Reply #117

SANA_DR0

some Evertonians where red tinted glasses.

who'd have funked it.
Unsworth has a 100% League record at home
Norwich 3-0 15th May 2016
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
West Ham 4-0 29th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

March 10, 2018, 04:39:07 AM
Reply #118

pedrotheblue

I think he's played well.

Anyone else?

He played  a ball forward last week some of our midfielders could only dream of.

In goalkeeping terms he's still a kid, I genuinely believe  he'll turn out to be our best keeper since Southall.

March 10, 2018, 05:22:12 AM
Reply #119

Dr. Sponge

A massively underperforming Premier League side with 3 different managers thatís at times relying heavily on its youngsters to pull them away from relegation is not the right situation to judge those players.

They should be brought through slowly, learning their trade in a stable team of professionals.

I rate Pickford and Davies highly and Iíll give the others more time.