September 21, 2018, 02:14:15 AM

Author Topic: Our Youngsters  (Read 8708 times)

March 01, 2018, 11:04:11 PM
Read 8708 times

Evertonian in NC

Tier One: Tom Davies is pure class, we let him go and we will rue the fucking day.  He has that "special something" that Stonesy lacked.

Tier Two: DCL and Mason Holgate are legitimate contributors at the Premiership level.  DCL should at least be part of the striker rotation, and Mason at minimum the #2 CB for a long time.  Maybe not stars, but solid contributors, and players you feel good about having in the XI, or at least the squad.

Tier Three: We really need to see what we have in Lookman and Onyekuru.  I don't see how anyone could be certain yet, but we need a manager who is not only willing, but also eager to find out.  I probably also put Beni here, but YMMV.

Who am I missing?  I think Kenny is probably more of a squad player, but useful to have around.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

March 08, 2018, 08:49:57 PM
Reply #1

Evertonian in NC

Be utterly amazed if DCL is in the England squad. Jesus even England aren't quite that shit

"Hold my (lukewarm) beer"

- England
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

March 08, 2018, 09:44:42 PM
Reply #2

Evertonian in NC

I know but come on. He's nowhere near good enough

You are right, I just wanted to make a cheap "England can always rise to the challenge of being shite at the World Cup" joke.

Because I'm kind of an asshole, you see.  :D

March 09, 2018, 12:08:03 AM
Reply #3

Evertonian in NC

Itís nice that a crop of kids have come through at the same time but weíre hardly talking about a class of Ď92 revolution. Itíll be the same as itís always been; very good players will want to leave, good to average ones might well stay at the club for their entire careers and poor ones wonít make it.

You haven't seen Onyekuru yet.  That lad will change EVERYTHING.

/quietly hides #9 Sandro shirt

March 09, 2018, 10:12:05 PM
Reply #4

Evertonian in NC

He'd benefit greatly by playing in front of at least one defender who can lead and organise whilst defending properly. Robles played in front of a decent defence last season and still managed to look like the last pick in the playground at times.

If he can smarten up his game until the end of the season and concentrate on not making too many errors he'll be England's number one goalkeeper going into a world cup. Which is a decent level to be at and one which gives us something to build on.

Funny thing is...he's used to playing with Holgate, FFS!  And we barely have used him in front of Pickford.  Holgate is plenty intelligent, though it's asking a lot of him to be the lead CB (and Funes Mori is at least half-mental back there, though I like him).