September 21, 2018, 11:35:16 PM

Author Topic: Our Youngsters  (Read 8741 times)

March 01, 2018, 11:46:21 PM
Read 8741 times

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Quietly putting my eggs in the Lookman, Davies, DCL basket.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

March 02, 2018, 03:01:11 AM
Reply #1

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
If lookman or ouyekuru are able to step up and play for us next year in the prem it could potentially save us millions, and sort out that left wing/left forward position, I would be over the fucking moon.

Dowell I think will just get slated at everton. Very happy to see him back in the fold but yeah, weíve got the 28 year old version shunted out left wing at the min so not sure heís needed right now.

Kenny, not convinced.

Holgate like him in fits and starts and pleasingly comfortable on the ball. Has a tendency so get his pants pulled down by superior players which is sort of fair enough.

Beni hard to say.

Vlasic hard to say but has impressed me personally. Would like to see him stake a claim.

DCL I donít think will ever be a prolific goal scorer but more of an all round mobile front man who can link up well. Would like to see us making chances for him but imo if your forward never puts his foot through the ball then he maybe doesnít have that gunman mentality needed. Think he will be a very good player.

Davies I absolutely love, but another one who never strikes a ball cleanly either laces or side foot. Busy and industrious and forward thinking in his play, and ONLY 19 standing out at cm is unreal. Future top player but mostly through his mentality.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

March 08, 2018, 01:54:16 PM
Reply #2

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Harry Kane is a huge rarity going from where he was to where he did in such a quick time as in about 10 career goals at Dcls age now to 30+ the following season. The challenge for dcl is he doesnít look a major threat with goals. Heís played quite a lot of games but I couldnít say what kind of finisher he is, if he has a hard shot, decent shot with his left foot etc because he seems to barely have efforts on goal when he plays.

He has a lot of good attributes and must take instructions well for managers to use him as much as they have and trust him in unnatural positions to a job off the ball. So if he gets stronger and develops with the experience he will get he could become a useful forward even without goals like teams have from people like Okazaki. If he doesnít develop and become a good focal point and and doesnít add goals in he wonít make it at this level. But itís just whether goal instincts can be developed, movement around the box or how good a finisher he is but that will come down to the level of coaching as well.

Iím in this sort of area with him.

I think compared to most youth strikers he looks to have a rounder game, and in terms of athleticism, touch and technical ability he looks potentially very good - the worry is he doesnít look hungry for goals.

Not sure what Kane was like as a teenager, but I remember watching that u23 tournament and I wanted to pull my hair out because every time he had a sniff he would blast the ball as hard as he could. Wasnít very wise but you could plainly see he could strike a ball very cleanly from a range of angles and positions, make an inch and put it in the vicinity of the bottom corner (much like Jermaine Defoe did for his whole career).

Donít think Iíve ever seen dcl strike through a ball.

Strikes me as a training ground finisher. Take it round those two cones and bury it, you got it boss tip tap tip net. But when it comes to pure hunger for goals, lashing the cb and just twatting it - more likely to see niasse do that.

One massive, massive caveat - weíre one of the worst sides in the league for making chances, canít eat if nobodyís cookiní.

March 11, 2018, 08:51:34 PM
Reply #3

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Person next to me hates Davies.

Started hearing more and more of it by me as well. Not every pass has to go forward, even at 2-0 there’s people expecting through balls at every touch.

March 11, 2018, 10:55:05 PM
Reply #4

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Honestly got no idea what yous are talking about

March 19, 2018, 04:52:46 PM
Reply #5

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Think Iíd rather lookman work on the tactical side of his game in a league like Germany rather than working on graham Taylor ball under big Sam tbh

March 19, 2018, 06:56:42 PM
Reply #6

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I agree on one hand, but canít help feeling heíll want out after this; imagine going from working under Koeman and Allardyce and then getting to experience the top end of the Bundesliga.

I think his head will be turned.

Probably, if thatís the case thatís the case, doubt it would have been much different if he was here sitting on his arse.

Hopefully we can frame it that heís been away, worked on his game and now heís in contention for a spot in next seasons starting 11..